• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Movie "Cracka" Puts Blacks As Slave Owners And Whites As Slaves

Blond

Banned
Its probably going to be even worse because i bet the white nazi ends up being the white savior and turns all the blacks and whites against racism.

So not only will this movie make black people look bad but it will probably make the white Nazi into the hero who ends racism.

I said it in the other thread this could make a great twilight zone episode. Or i bet someone like Jordan Peele could do this story with nuance or intellect. But not this trash.

Ok Crypto, give up the gig you're really Neil Duckman is disguise.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
If they wanted to make a movie in which a man of color owns slaves and brutalizes other people, they didn’t need science fiction to pull it off, they could just have used any of the instances of modern day slavery in Africa. As of 2016, there were over 9 million slaves in the Africa.

This movie is just more divisive trash imho, but I can tell it has an audience in today’s climate.

Last edited:

samporter

Banned
Yes, black people were slaves and Moses wasn't white. He was brown.

And the group that ... Oh... So majority of black people are on welfare? I didn't know that. Good to know, newbie.

Give it a rest, we know you are racist.

Your ignorance of history is beyond the pale. You condemn slavery but only when it applies to the Atlantic slave trade. You don't know about or won't acknowledge the fact that slavery goes beyond there, dating back several thousand years, and affecting every people. The Vikings had slaves, the Ottoman had slaves, the Chinese had slaves, the Aztec had slaves. There are even modern slavery in parts of the world like Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia or South America in the form of human smuggling and trafficking.

You are racist in that you only see race as an issue when it is affecting black or brown people. You don't seem to have much compassion for whites or Asians as can be seen by your posting habits. You could care less if White people have a suicide epidemic. You don't seem to care if Asians are being discriminated in college admissions. Your willful indifference/ignorance to other races that aren't black or brown just shows how your mind works and how much of a racist you are. Stop with the charade, it's very obvious.

TrainedRage

Banned
Someone has some white guilt.
I wonder if this will go as well as that Incel movie the left was all excited to go to but then never actually turned up.
Seems to be a theme of the left... Virtue signal loudly on social media then take no action about anything, get upset, virtue signal about it on social media.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Give it a rest, we know you are racist.

Your ignorance of history is beyond the pale. You condemn slavery but only when it applies to the Atlantic slave trade. You don't know about or won't acknowledge the fact that slavery goes beyond there, dating back several thousand years, and affecting every people. The Vikings had slaves, the Ottoman had slaves, the Chinese had slaves, the Aztec had slaves. There are even modern slavery in parts of the world like Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia or South America in the form of human smuggling and trafficking.

You are racist in that you only see race as an issue when it is affecting black or brown people. You don't seem to have much compassion for whites or Asians as can be seen by your posting habits. You could care less if White people have a suicide epidemic. You don't seem to care if Asians are being discriminated in college admissions. Your willful indifference/ignorance to other races that aren't black or brown just shows how your mind works and how much of a racist you are. Stop with the charade, it's very obvious.

1. It's TRANSATLANTIC... Not Atlantic.

2. I care about a multitude of things but IN THIS THREAD we're talking about North America. Not the whole dang world. That's always the talking point of an intellectually dishonest person. Bringing up things that don't have anything to do with the context of a given topic.

3. If I was racist, I would have been banned LONG AGO. Black people have been banned for being racist on here plenty of times. So miss me with that! LMBO!

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Didn't John Travolta make a god awful movie in the 90s with this premise called 'White Man's Burden. Why make another trash fire?

ft7m6mf.jpg

Open spoilers: it fucking sucked

Go ahead and make it, but...

1. Who still thinks slavery is a good thing and

2. Does anyone think those people will be persuaded by this series?

Or is this more white self flagellation?

Elcid

Banned
Stupid and distasteful. I especially love when they don't even bother to explain how these magic fucking teleport/time travels even occurred. Looking at you "Kindred" still the worst fucking book I've ever read. Is the white guy going to magically teleport back to present day with his dick stuck in a wall and his asshole gaping?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Historic fan fiction is one of the banes of modern culture. "Drunk History" was funny as a one time skit. but i think people are too entertained by this shit. guess this could have value as satire but the trend it is riding is indicative of culture-wide rewriting of history. we continue to destroy meaning and context all in the name of flattening things out to equal.

"it's fiction so it doesn't matter if it's inacurrate or sucks" is an unfortunate handwave that enables millions of historically illiterate people to willingly remain that way. hey as long as it's entertaining.

plus writing about real history is hard. do u want these writers to have to do research? easier to just make shit up and use meta tricks to lampshade what a genius you are.

Last edited:
Having been reading recently about the mostly black, Islamic, North African Moors invasion and colonisation of southern Europe, which had a hell of a lot of white Europeans forced into slavery and transported on mass back to Africa, it would be a really good setting for a historical drama that would show how we're all fundamentally the same, and the capacity for good and evil is the same in all of us, regardless of appearence, beliefs, and who's welding the power.

Shame we get this shit instead.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Having been reading recently about the mostly black, Islamic, North African Moors invasion and colonisation of southern Europe, which had a hell of a lot of white Europeans forced into slavery and transported on mass back to Africa, it would be a really good setting for a historical drama that would show how we're all fundamentally the same, and the capacity for good and evil is the same in all of us, regardless of appearence, beliefs, and who's welding the power.

Yeah, I just saw that research into the matter suggests that up to 1.5 Million white Europeans from countries like Spain, Portugal France, Britain, Ireland and Iceland were enslaved (and even American ships) by Africans. Even though it's a smaller number compared to black slaves 1.5 million is not exactly an insignificant number.. Anyway, where do I apply for my ancestor reparations..?

Yeah, I just saw that research into the matter suggests that up to 1.5 Million white Europeans from countries like Spain, Portugal France, Britain, Ireland and Iceland were enslaved (and even American ships) by Africans. Even though it's a smaller number compared to black slaves 1.5 million is not exactly an insignificant number.. Anyway, where do I apply for my ancestor reparations..?
There's also the European slavery we know was massive, and often involved people being sold to Africa/Middle Eastern owners, by the Vikings and Romans that we have no hard numbers on.

The vikings were particularly awful in that regard too.

The Irish city of Dublin was founded by Vikings, because they needed a entire city to organise and house the huge volume of British, Irish and Eastern European slaves that were being processed for slavery in the Mediterranean.

It's estimated that between 700-1000AD 10% of the population of Scandinavia was slaves, due to the number of viking graves found containing malnourished, possesionless, non native bodies, seeming added to the dead vikings possessions they'd be buried with, whose bones show signs of years of violent abuse, and were apparently killed just to be buried with their masters, usually by decapitation.

There's translated viking songs found that are entirely about how British women made the best sex slaves, both due to looks and their ability to survive repeated rapings.

And the modern word Slavic, the Eastern European people known for loving Adidas and squating, is just the Viking for Slave, since that's the origin of the the word in English. An entire ethnic group of people, who were so casually treated as possessions to be bought and sold for so long, that were nothing more than slaves to so many, so ubiquitously, that it literally became their name.

It's the reason I can't bring myself to play AC Valhalla quite honeslty. Vikings were just cunts.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
Guys I’m just trying to warn you, 2021 is going to be full throttled white humiliation celebration. Buckle in.

Tschumi

And to your question. Explain to me what would white people do without blacks and what would black people do without white.

Answer is simple. One is called europe. The other africa .

Beg pardon, but this is some bullshit rofl...

Can you tell me why this is 100% bullshit? Little quiz for ya...

--

On the op: interesting idea? Marginally. Ever gonna watch the series? No, but then again the most recent tv series i watch with any regularity is Seinfeld. Do i, as an upper middle class white man, feel insulted by this depiction? No, what kind of thindick gutless mindless kneejerk conditioned closed minded entitled lazy cushy dipshit do you think i am? They can do what they want~

Last edited by a moderator:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

--

On the op: interesting idea? Marginally. Ever gonna watch the series? No, but then again the most recent tv series i watch with any regularity is Seinfeld. Do i, as an upper middle class white man, feel insulted by this depiction? No, what kind of thindick gutless mindless kneejerk conditioned closed minded entitled lazy cushy dipshit do you think i am? They can do what they want~

You did so well until you felt the need to bash anyone with a different opinion than yourself.

Jtibh

Banned

--

Welcome to fucking jun 2020.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

The moors were from the Maghreb, Levant, and Arabian peninsula, and their descendents are the Arabs in that region. A bit of a stretch to describe them as black.

Last edited:

Tschumi

And who are you exactly to me that you have these demands?

Know your place buddy
Lol, sack of shit, i know my place and it's in the stratosphere compared to someone who would say something as stupid as "Europe=whites without blacks/Africa=blacks without whites"

I can't imagine what kind of upbringing could produce someone deluded enough to make a statement like that. Don't care if some mod defends your daft but, apparently, elite statement by warning or even banning me, that's just pure stupidity.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Textbook Twitter warrior reply. Why would the skin colour of the director even matter.
Textbook SJW reply - because white director is unable to properly convey the horrors or slavery and racism since he didn't grow up with racism and it never affected him personally.

The moors were from the Maghreb, Levant, and Arabian peninsula, and their descendents are the Arabs in that region. A bit of a stretch to describe them as black.
That may well have been where they started, but certainly wasn't the case by the time they conquered Spain, having already conquered the entirety of North Africa.

Hence why 'Moor' became synonymous with Muslims and black people interchangeable, since it was the western, African and overwhelmingly black Moors, that were the ones invading southern Europe.
CYkxugn.png

It's also why the black woman cast as a lady in waiting of Catherine of Aragon, in The Spanish Princess, is actually historically accurate.

We know there were a lot of Black Spaniards, particularly aristocrats, even after the moors were kicked out.

dr4b98X.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
That may well have been where they started, but certainly wasn't the case by the time they conquered Spain, having already conquered the entirety of North Africa.

Hence why 'Moor' became synonymous with Muslims and black people interchangeable, since it was the western, African and overwhelmingly black Moors, that were the ones invading southern Europe.
CYkxugn.png

It's also why the black lady in waiting of Catherine of Aragon being black in The Spanish Princess is actually historically accurate.

We know there were a lot of Black Spaniards, particularly aristocrats, even after the moors were kicked out.

dr4b98X.jpg

North Africa is the Maghreb, and has not been historically black. Obviously some black people were present in the empire, but the muslims in Spain as well as their rulers were mostly middle eastern or berbers.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Looks fun, I love me some alternate history

But isn't the word cracker based on the facts whites crack whips? Or am I misunderstanding that name?

Top Bottom