• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

I also dropped my oled off a kitchen island onto a tile floor. Put a small dent in the metal on the outside edge, but has worked fine for years since. Dropped a 3dsxl off the same island (closed no less) and shattered the screen...I should probably stop charging stuff on the island.

lol, the outside's not even metal - it's painted plastic. Mine's been gouged so hard from the fall that you can see the plastic underneath pretty clearly.

Tough frickin' plastic though. Props.

RK128

I hope it's localized.

Considering it is Complete Heart/Idea Factory and that they don't have any Vita titles releasing next year in the west.....I would guess that Gun Gun Pixies will be releasing next year both in Japan and in the West. Maybe we might hear about it the upcoming Idea Factory International Event happening on the 10th of November.

Considering it is Complete Heart/Idea Factory and that they don't have any Vita titles releasing next year in the west.....I would guess that Gun Gun Pixies will be releasing next year both in Japan and in the West. Maybe we might hear about it the upcoming Idea Factory International Event happening on the 10th of November.

There is no chance we're getting this lol. We're going to be lucky to even get Mary Skelter over here (which I would almost guarantee we will), this is on a whole different level than that though.

I hope it's localized.

I doubt it :(

This game was born from the thought of wanting to fight from a figure point of view” and “Peeping at a girl’s privates from a low angle is this game’s greatest enjoyment.
ya think?

RK128

My interview with David is live!

http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/0...mason-hailstorm-games-on-claire-extended-cut/

Hope you all enjoy it :).

David: So, when porting we didn’t really run into any performance issues with the PS4 and XBO. I mean, it’s a 2D game so we could kinda go crazy with it all. Obviously there were some growing pains, as neither of us had worked on those platforms before. Took a while to get the hang of some things. A few days he’d tell me, “So..I broke it…by it I mean everything”. But once we got the hang of it then it was pretty easy. The Vita had some issues, but those were to be expected. We had to get creative with the lighting because the Vita is older hardware and couldn’t handle everything. So we ran into memory issues, audio issues, level issues, lighting issues, etc. But even then it wasn’t bad.

David: We weren’t really sure what to expect. It was an old game that was out for a while. So, ya know, how would people feel about that and whatnot. The Vita crowd embraced us instantly, which was really nice. After its release we were happy to see other people playing it on their PS4 and loving it, or XBO and liking it. It’s one of those games that isn’t for everyone.

David: Yeah, we have zero reason to not release on the same platforms now that we’ve had that initial shock of doing it for Claire. So, unless something drastic happens or things just flat out don’t sell on X console, our future games will be released on all the same platforms. Including Vita.

That is news to me.....I only know English, minor Sign Language and very limited French :l.

But I'm glad the game is on sale and I hope people get it :). Is this the new Ys game or MoC? If it is the new one, that is one heck of a solid deal!

It's Lacrimosa of Dana.

While I haven't played all of Kiseki (esp. Sen), I'd be willing to say that Lacrimosa of Dana is Falcom's best game after Eiden6 (aka Sora).

And that's me not liking its ending (or parts of).

Why not?

It's the spiritual successor to two beloved franchise: Busou Shinki and Megaman X. Little toy girls went maverick.

Edit: LOL watching the trailer/preview video reminds me of Toy Story.

Heavy Arm hasn't tweeted in while. Something happen?

That's concerning. I'm waiting on my copy of Dragon Quest Builders from them, thanks for the heads up.

Also, having finally clearing Ninja Senki DX on 1 life (basically its Mega Man the ninja, really awesome fun) I've started Boy and his Blob. I have two main issues with the game - one is that its 30FPS, not 60FPS and the animations look a bit jarring because of this (not unplayable by any stretch of the imagination, but I won't be getting rid of my Wii copy any time soon). Also, I've forgotten how bloody stupid the Blob's AI is at times, I fear I'll get stuck just like I did on the Wii version where the game basically glitched at the end of the second boss (after I'd finally beat it) and I just lost all interest in playing it. Looks and sounds beautiful though, hopefully I'll make it to the end this time.

COWCAT

Neo Member
I actually dropped the Vita devkit two times by accident... Thankfully no damage at all.
I'm glad Sony made a solid hardware, these things are expensive :p

Just a reminder, my adventure game Demetrios comes out in ONE week on the Vita! If anyone runs a gaming site / blog / Youtube, let me know and I'll give you a code :)

I totally missed that Idol Death Game TV came out. Looks like it super bombed and impressions are that it's terrible.

Does anyone know more? Or should we scratch that off the localization wishlist?

I totally missed that Idol Death Game TV came out. Looks like it super bombed and impressions are that it's terrible.

Yeah, I've not heard great things. Real shame, because I thought the premise sounded intriguing.

That's two games in a row now Witchcraft have made that have had less than favourable impressions.

jzbluz

It was published by D3P, even most of their otome games have bombed. When was the last time they published a good game?

It was published by D3P, even most of their otome games have bombed. When was the last time they published a good game?

They did have EDF 2 and 4.1 and then EDF 5 was announced recently, other than those though....well, they haven't exactly done anything noteworthy in recent years.

Earth Defence 4.1!

I heard positive things about Bullet Girls 2 as well.

I wouldn't say they were any worse than your average otaku developer. Btw Otoko Yuukaku (think that's the name) sold about the same as any Otomate game.

jzbluz

I mean yeah, D3 doesn't create excellent games, but EDF and Onechanbara are decent fun and have a good number of fans.

They did have EDF 2 and 4.1 and then EDF 5 was announced recently, other than those though....well, they haven't exactly done anything noteworthy in recent years.

Earth Defence 4.1!

I heard positive things about Bullet Girls 2 as well.

I wouldn't say they were any worse than your average otaku developer. Btw Otoko Yuukaku (think that's the name) sold about the same as any Otomate game.

But EDF and Onechanbara were awhile ago. I think OY was that mobile port with DLC, and they did published another otome that had good reception, but their other new otome had terrible reviews. I singled out their otome games because the audience is not that picky, and they shouldn't be that hard to create (hence why Otomate releases at least one game every month).

I think at this point they're a bit lower than the average otaku developer since it seems they have more failures than anything recently.

I think at this point they're a bit lower than the average otaku developer since it seems they have more failures than anything recently.

Natsuiro High School sold 30k which I'd say is about average for an otaku developer these days.

Bullet Girls 1 broke 50k (which was a big success) and Omega Labyrinth sold 40k, so I'd say both of those did well. The latter was only last year.

jzbluz

Natsuiro High School sold 30k which I'd say is about average for an otaku developer these days.

Bullet Girls 1 broke 50k (which was a big success) and Omega Labyrinth sold 40k, so I'd say both of those did well. The latter was only last year.

But weren't they a janky mess, apart from BG1 maybe? When I said failures, I mainly meant reception. It just seems that I keep hearing about how their games are such a janky mess lately, that it doesn't surprise me when one of their games bomb. If enough games of theirs get bad reviews, then wouldn't that affect the sales of their later games? But then again, I'm not the audience for the average otaku developer, so I'm probably uninformed.

But weren't they a janky mess, apart from BG1 maybe? When I said failures, I mainly meant reception. It just seems that I keep hearing about how their games are such a janky mess lately, that it doesn't surprise me when one of their games bomb. If enough games of theirs get bad reviews, then wouldn't that affect the sales of their later games? But then again, I'm not the audience for the average otaku developer, so I'm probably uninformed.

Well I mean, Acquire have been making janky games for years, but plenty of them review well enough for what they are.

I know Natsuiro got a bit railed in Japan, but Bullet Girls 2 seemed received okay; as did Omega Labyrinth.

Tohsaka

It sucks that no one wants to try and localize any of those. I imported Bullet Girls and got the platinum trophy without any difficulty since there's an excellent guide on the PlayStatonTrophies forum for the game. Natsuiro and Omega Labyrinth seem harder to play through since I can't read much kanji, especially Natsuiro since I've read it's a really complicated game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I actually dropped the Vita devkit two times by accident... Thankfully no damage at all.
I'm glad Sony made a solid hardware, these things are expensive :p

Just a reminder, my adventure game Demetrios comes out in ONE week on the Vita! If anyone runs a gaming site / blog / Youtube, let me know and I'll give you a code :)

Congrats! I like adventure games.
How expensive is a devkit?

It sucks that no one wants to try and localize any of those. I imported Bullet Girls and got the platinum trophy without any difficulty since there's an excellent guide on the PlayStatonTrophies forum for the game. Natsuiro and Omega Labyrinth seem harder to play through since I can't read much kanji, especially Natsuiro since I've read it's a really complicated game.

I'm just happy we live in an age where games like this are region free and there are guides available online to help you get through them. And if worst comes to worst you can muddle through with Google Translate.

It's certainly helped to expand my Vita gaming library at least.

Tohsaka

I'm just happy we live in an age where games like this are region free and there are guides available online to help you get through them. And if worst comes to worst you can muddle through with Google Translate.

Yeah, I'll probably just import this one when it comes out like I did Seven Pirates a few months ago. The Japanese wiki made it really easy understand so I was able to play through it without much trouble.

Agreed. I'm thrilled that I can import tons of Japanese games (many of which never got released outside of Asia) and still be able to play them with few issues (and I usually try finding a guide before hand to be on the safe side).

Saphirax

NIS America will live stream Birthdays the Beginning on Twitch on November 14 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET with creator Yasuhiro Wada.

Following the stream, Wada will host an “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit at 3:30 p.m. PT / 6:30 p.m. ET.

According to NIS America, the stream and Ask Me Anything will “kick off a full week of game announcements” from the company.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/11/birthday...hiro-wada-set-november-14#7ifDrURCymH3PtyU.99

otherside_giphy.gif

One of them...one of them is going to be Coven...It has to be.

+D

A week full of announcements. There's gotta be more.

Get excited for more PC ports!

They can announce all the PC ports they like as long as they keep bringing the localization announcements (and for the love of god, not just porting stuff to PS4 for western release like Yian's leak seemed to suggest).

Saphirax

They can announce all the PC ports they like as long as they keep bringing the localization announcements (and for the love of god, not just porting stuff to PS4 for western release like Yian's leak seemed to suggest).

Yep.

I wonder if it'd be too soon for NDRV3 and The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.

Yep.

I wonder if it'd be too soon for NDRV3 and The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.

Well they've been doing some pretty funky stuff lately, Birthdays itself was announced well before it even released in Japan, so there's hope.

The fact we haven't even seen a video of Witch yet makes me think not. DanganRonpa though, maybe (although if I were them, I'd wait until after 1-2 Reload PS4 release).

What about Idea Factory International?

I don't think NISA are going to announce a localization studio.

:)P. What about them?)

Saphirax

Well they've been doing some pretty funky stuff lately, Birthdays itself was announced well before it even released in Japan, so there's hope.

The fact we haven't even seen a video of Witch yet makes me think not. DanganRonpa though, maybe (although if I were them, I'd wait until after 1-2 Reload PS4 release).

I don't think NISA are going to announce a localization studio.

:)P. What about them?)

IFI's press conference is on Thursday. Besides Black Rose Valkyrie, not sure what to expect.

IFI's press conference is on Thursday. Besides Black Rose Valkyrie, not sure what to expect.

Well, I'd say "that's exciting" but I'm not sure what there is for them to pick up. Can't see them doing otome again after Amnesia didn't light things up (still think they shot themselves in the foot with the pricing on that one though). Won't be Moero series. I'm iffy on Mary Skelter's chances. That doesn't leave a whole lot left for Vita.

Saphirax

Well, I'd say "that's exciting" but I'm not sure what there is for them to pick up. Can't see them doing otome again after Amnesia didn't light things up (still think they shot themselves in the foot with the pricing on that one though). Won't be Moero series. I'm iffy on Mary Skelter's chances. That doesn't leave a whole lot left for Vita.

Unless it's just BRV + pc ports, their options are limited yeah. Although Mary Skelter + a (good) otome game would be amazing.

Black Rose Valkyrie (for the dozen people that remembered it released and what it is)
MeiQ PC port announcement
Monster Monpiece PC port info
Mary Skelter (I am 95% sure they will pick this up)

I don't see them announcing anything else unless they start working with other developers or work on their backlog that has a chance of selling (Date a Live). Everything else that has come out of Compile Heart recently is either 100% fanservice and we have no chance of seeing it (Moero) or won't even release till next year (Cyberdimension and whatever that card game is if it ends up getting a non f2p version).

I forgot they havent announced MeiQ for PC yet. Omega Quintet too right?

I don't even mind PC ports at all, but that's not event announcement worthy.

What still interests me is MonMonpiece for PC uncensored and what that could mean for other Genkai Tokki titles.

Top Bottom