• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

don't count on vita. vita died so that ps vr could live (and also die)

All I know is, I believe they are still producing Vitas so at least its life cycle outlasted the Wii U. Im mad at myself for saying that.

Edit:
Uh oh, top of the page. Um, I am really disappointed in the numerous Kickstarters that promised Vita ports at the onset or had Vita stretch goals that were funded that then had their Vita ports cancelled. But on the positive side I got my physical Shovel Knight copy yesterday!

RK128

don't count on vita. vita died so that ps vr could live (and also die)

I'm not personally and like the last PSX event, I will be surprised if we see any nice announcements for the Vita.

I wouldn't be shocked if we get some major announcements, simply because some PS4 games have Vita versions (the Valkyrie Chronicles PS4 Spin Off Game announced for localization). We also have a number of indie titles that have been rated and getting trophies but are not out yet.

It is also worth noting that Idea Factory and NIS America have games coming out next year for Vita (same with Aksys Games).

The Vita undersold and is a platform that Sony doesn't want to support but 2017 will be a nice year for the console.

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, it got a lot more lively.

Unfortunately due to working two jobs now I haven't been getting around to my Vita games (big stack on my workstation staring me in the face doesn't help either not to mention all the digital games I have and stuff I am still buying). I get home and go into lazy mode haha. Once the holidays roll up I think I am going to binge play Soul Sacrifice Delta, I've been really wanting to play that lately.

For PSX, I am certainly not expecting any Vita announcements, that ship has sailed a long time ago and they're putting their eggs in PS4 and PSVR. I'd much rather go in without any expectations and be pleasantly surprised if something comes up. Still buried in games right now and foolishly buying more as mentioned.

Also, I have a few questions for international shipping via Amazon, I live in the US and want to buy from the UK store for reference:

-Do you need to sign up for the region you want to buy from or does your one Amazon account carry over to all regions?

-On the store, I saw that the item I am looking to purchase does not ship to the US, is it by the item itself or are they talking about the store as of course there are multiple sellers. The Amazon shipping page does not make this clear.

-If it is indeed the item, does anyone have any experience with Parcl? Is it safe to use?

-Do you need to sign up for the region you want to buy from or does your one Amazon account carry over to all regions?

-On the store, I saw that the item I am looking to purchase does not ship to the US, is it by the item itself or are they talking about the store as of course there are multiple sellers. The Amazon shipping page does not make this clear.
- Your Amazon account works across regions, I use it on de, UK, com and fr.

- Sellers decide themselves where they ship. So Amazon might ship but a third party seller might not or vice versa. In my experience third party sellers often don't ship internationally or have super expensive shipping though

Are you looking for games on Amazon? There are a ton of UK stores which also ship internationally and might be cheaper. base.com is a good one.

- Your Amazon account works across regions, I use it on de, UK, com and fr.

- Sellers decide themselves where they ship. So Amazon might ship but a third party seller might not or vice versa. In my experience third party sellers often don't ship internationally or have super expensive shipping though

Are you looking for games on Amazon? There are a ton of UK stores which also ship internationally and might be cheaper. base.com is a good one.

Thanks and yeah, I am looking for games. Going to go check out base.com.

AniHawk

Heh.

In the nicest possible way, I hope you're counting out Vita from your natural pessimism, not your "I know people from NISA" side.

Honestly, I don't expect anything From Vita at Sony conferences anymore, but a tiny part of me wishes for Gio to be allowed on stage and at least mention it and a couple of games that he's still got teams working on for it.

I wouldn't hope for any more than extensions of what's already happened (I.e. Another SNK game and maybe something like Late Croft Go), but it'd be sad if that stuff stopped now.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part. But hey, at least Banner Saga and Full Throttle are still happening next year.

well by any measure the vita lasted a pretty normal life for a platform. five years is what i think people would expect from any general system, so something that failed on several fronts to reach a widespread fanbase matching that is pretty good. that said, there's also not a lot to be gained from marketing the platform in its fifth year when sony wants to push the sega cd, genesis 2, neptune, etc. i'm actually a bit surprised that nintendo is actively pushing the 3ds into 2017 and 2018, but it sounds like that's more out of wanting a legacy system around for a casual audience to buy family and kid games than splitting up dev teams and resources.

I'm not personally and like the last PSX event, I will be surprised if we see any nice announcements for the Vita.

I wouldn't be shocked if we get some major announcements, simply because some PS4 games have Vita versions (the Valkyrie Chronicles PS4 Spin Off Game announced for localization). We also have a number of indie titles that have been rated and getting trophies but are not out yet.

It is also worth noting that Idea Factory and NIS America have games coming out next year for Vita (same with Aksys Games).

The Vita undersold and is a platform that Sony doesn't want to support but 2017 will be a nice year for the console.

yeah at least 2017 should be pretty all right, although i'd imagine most games will come in the way of ports. it's a hard market right now that retailers are pulling the vita from shelf space. the more western countries that do it, the less it makes sense. so thank god for ps4 versions and steam ports at this time. the switch might also be a bit of a savior in this sense too, so that 2018 could even see digital versions alongside the rare gaijinworks/nisa/ifi physical version, as long as sony is allowing publishers to make physical versions.

as for psx, there could be vita announcements, but it would probably come in the form of ports of ps4 games. it's hard to imagine there would be a ps vita segment though, or that traditionally vita series that have ps4 versions would get stage time, like danganronpa.

Massa

What's funny is that AniHawk's been posting about the Vita being dead since 2012, lol.

Anyway, Volgarr is coming next week. Can't wait.

that said, there's also not a lot to be gained from marketing the platform in its fifth year

Who said anything about marketing the platform, lol? Announcements at a conference =/= marketing it, especially when the kind of stuff I'd assume your average Vita GAF fan would expect at this point is "x is coming to PS4! ... and Vita" (just like last year).

yeah at least 2017 should be pretty all right, although i'd imagine most games will come in the way of ports. it's a hard market right now that retailers are pulling the vita from shelf space.

it's hard to imagine there would be a ps vita segment though,

Have you ever watched PSX lol? Its in its third year now and arguably the only game which has ever been announced for Vita at PSX which has a chance of getting shelf space was Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Indies have been the name of the game for the last of the two years aside from the big show-offy PS4 stuff, and that's all I was wishing for :p

Welp. Thanks for tempering my expectations.

For what it's worth I thought the port of The Last Blade 2 was fine, especially after the patch.

AniHawk

Who said anything about marketing the platform, lol? Announcements at a conference =/= marketing it, especially when the kind of stuff I'd assume your average Vita GAF fan would expect at this point is "x is coming to PS4! ... and Vita" (just like last year).

Have you ever watched PSX lol? Its in its third year now and arguably the only game which has ever been announced for Vita at PSX which has a chance of getting shelf space was Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Indies have been the name of the game for the last of the two years aside from the big show-offy PS4 stuff, and that's all I was wishing for :p

oh well if it's indies, then you'll probably get those? i just don't imagine any vita-specific section.

Powwa

Are there any important DLC's for Grand Kingdom? (Like extra classes, missions etc.) I'm thinking of buying US version because it's cheaper but I don't want to miss out on extra goodies.

AniHawk

Are there any important DLC's for Grand Kingdom? (Like extra classes, missions etc.) I'm thinking of buying US version because it's cheaper but I don't want to miss out on extra goodies.

in japan there were extra missions as dlc, but they added that into the us version for the full game.

AniHawk

Does that mean I shouldn't give up on Special Report Division?

there's always hope in the switch/stream future!

if it was up to me though, special report division, hero must die, and utapri would all be out by now. never shin hayarigami though. never ever. gross.

RK128

My interview on CyberThreat is live!

http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/13/interview-with-conor-mckenna-on-cyberthreat-pc-ps-vita/

Conor: I’m so glad you like it! Some songs could be mixed a bit better, but there’s still plenty of time at least for that! I suppose the big question on everyone’s lips is why Vita? PC was an easy choice, there’s a lot of different ways to get the game “out there”, such as Steam Greenlight. As for the Vita, I am a huge fan of it so from a personal point of view it was an easy choice.

Back when I started the game too the Vita wasn’t quite as considered “dead” as it might be now, but I still think the platform is too perfect a fit to pass on even now. There’s a very passionate community of players who’ve been very supportive of the system, and of CyberThreat, and I certainly can’t let them down! Also working in Unity makes it an easier choice to want to bring to Vita.

RK: I am very happy you are making the game on Vita. The platform is a perfect fit for RPG titles and many people in the Vita community have been looking forward to your project. When you announced that the game was coming to Vita, were you surprised by the reaction?

Conor: Definitely, because when I first announced it, it didn’t look very good! I remember thinking the first Dev Diary I wrote was pretty good at the time, but looking back I don’t know quite what I was thinking… But I know when things improved and the game’s website launched the reaction was amazing, I received some lovely tweets and messages on Facebook. It was a great motivator to keep working on it, and certainly cemented the fact it’s coming to Vita.

RK: I am happy you are pleased with the feedback the game has gotten. Game development is a long process, but your project appears to be coming long great. Very excited to see where it will go in the future on PC and Vita. Any Vita or PC specific features you have in store for the game? Like touch screen support for example?

Conor: It’s long and difficult, but so worth it if you can bring something special. No platform specific features right now and no Touch controls planned, so the game will definitely be PSTV compatible too.

RK: That is great to hear PS TV support is confirmed for the title! Many owners of that version of the Vita will be happy to learn of that news. I don’t know if this is too early to ask, but many Vita owners like getting their games physically, as programs like Limited Run Games has proven heavily this past year. Do you plan on offering a retail version of CyberThreat on Vita? Or is that too early to be asking for at the moment?

Conor: It’s unfortunately still too early to say, but I know I like physical carts myself and I’m a big fan of the work Limited Run Games are doing. They seem pretty approachable and cool about this kind of thing, so when the time comes I’ll hopefully be able to speak to them about it, but definitely not confirmed yet.

Tohsaka

Do you guys think the Shining Force games be a good fit for Vita? What are the chances we get Saga Scarlet Grace in the west?

Oh dear god yes.

I think we'll get it since SE's Vita games have been doing well in the west lately, at least if the PSN charts are any indication. It'll probably get ported to Steam or PS4 as well, though.

My submission for the Root Letter contest that Gematsu is holding :3

0bd1f4cacd05a6b2781994929c4650a635c955c16201502dcb7f9ad690f66297.jpg

Having played two chapter of Root Letter, I can safely say it's very; very Japanese; quite weird, but so far very enjoyable. Hope it holds up.

It has really, really made me want Net High though. I'm such a big fan of these VN/adventure game hybrids and it's a shame we're not getting that one.

there's always hope in the switch/stream future!

if it was up to me though, special report division, hero must die, and utapri would all be out by now. never shin hayarigami though. never ever. gross.

Aww, you lumped Hero Must Die in with Special Reporting Division & UtaPri in the pile of "these are never getting localizations". Boo :(

I hope this week's announcements are decent.

Takao

Banned
I think we'll get it since SE's Vita games have been doing well in the west lately, at least if the PSN charts are any indication. It'll probably get ported to Steam or PS4 as well, though.

I think it's obvious that Scarlet Graces is one of the games SE plans to repackage onto mobile. If they wanted it on PS4, it would probably be on PS4 day-1.

I think it's obvious that Scarlet Graces is one of the games SE plans to repackage onto mobile. If they wanted it on PS4, it would probably be on PS4 day-1.

I'd wonder whether the fact it's heading for massive bomba on Vita will make it more or less likely to come to mobile, though.

RK128

Wow, I've been on a roll with interview's lately! Got one today with Image & Form Games (Steamworld Dig and Heist Developers)

http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/1...-of-image-form-games-on-steamworld-franchise/

RK: I’m glad you was pleased with the reaction SteamWorld Dig got with gamers! I agree about your comments on mobile gaming; it is a market with promise but one that is difficult to get into. The Nintendo 3DS improving it’s hardware selling situation improving back in 2013 helped cement it as a major handheld this generation next to the PS Vita. When bringing Dig to PlayStation Platforms, were you surprised by the reaction from the PlayStation community?

Brjann: Well, that too – my first “real” console that I ever bought was the first PlayStation, and coming out with a game for PlayStation felt like a milestone in itself. Again, our timing was good – the PS4 had only been out for a very short time when we launched SteamWorld Dig for it, and people were eager to fill their system with good content.

However, I would say that there is a very much more defined community around Nintendo systems. Many Nintendo gamers get up in arms about their platform – they get Nintendo-centric tattoos and what have you – which I find isn’t really the case with PlayStation or Xbox gamers. There is an extensive culture and very strong IPs tied to Nintendo. Nintendo consoles have been around for so long, and many people started their gaming on one of their systems. A lot of memories!

RK: I love the PlayStation platforms just as much as Nintendo systems, so I am happy you was able to release the game on both Eco-Systems. I felt that the Vita was a great fit for Dig and it looks fantastic on the Vita’s screen. What were some development challenges when bringing Dig to PS4 and Vita?

Brjann: The biggest challenge was to make a version of the game that would work effortlessly on a single screen. SteamWorld Dig was made for the 3DS with its dual screens. Inventory, map etc felt very natural on the lower screen. Other than that it was a joy – the PS4 is a truly powerful console, and the Vita is a great extension of it.

RK: I felt that you did a great job adapting the game to Vita and PS4. Did you consider using the Vita hardware (touch screen, ec) for that version of the game?

Brjann: Yes, we felt we had to, since it was there! The touch screen is quite convenient when handling inventory, and I found I actually tinkered with the inventory much more since it was so handy.

Brjann: Yes, the next game is a SteamWorld game…

RK: Can you share what platforms this new project will be on? I would love to see Image & Form continue working with PlayStation and Nintendo platforms.

Brjann: …and we’ll announce everything about the new game when we are ready. This time people won’t have to wait too long from the announcement to the release.

Please NDRV3 release date please NDRV3 release date please NDRV3 release date please please please please please

Has the train sailed on YU-NO and Net High? :C

Saphirax

Please NDRV3 release date please NDRV3 release date please NDRV3 release date please please please please please

Has the train sailed on YU-NO and Net High? :C

Net High wouldn't be NISA.
Think it's too soon for NDRV3 though. Their early 2017 press conference would be perfect for it. Although, stranger things have happened, so who knows.

Hoping for stuff beyond the leaks, but then again I can't really think of anything. There's nothing I NEED other than Coven.

I think the "train sailed" for Hero Must Die

Top Bottom