• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

what can you even say about this

lmao. some press sneak fucks better get on this. even though bamco will probably just weasel out of it with some bullshit PR

Rofl. What an absolute PR nightmare this has been for Bamco.

Well, at least Liam has been hounding them about it on Twitter. Rightfully so.

L.O.R.D

Oh yeah,my second PS Vita analog sticks set just arrived.
Now i have full pair of concave analog stick for PS Vita.

CtNV8H8WYAA7Yau.jpg

CtNV-W7XgAAHd55.jpg

CtNWAPqWIAAkL1w.jpg

I've recently ignited my vita interest over the ps4 despite rise of iron, I forgot how much I love this system. Taking it on my travels I have approached 30k miles on near.

It is a great handheld, well ahead of its time and with the great collection of vita and BC games it truly provides a top notch gaming experience. It is dreamcast of handhelds—completely overlooked but so ahead of its time and great content on a system short lived.

I purchased a 64 gb stick and my backlog has increased by +30 or so games. The card is already full after 12 hours in my possession. My ps4 and XB1 are going to be neglected for some time.

There is a sad story for me personally, I recently took the system with me on a trip and TSA or my clumsy self inflicted a large scratch in the machine. Not only that, I can tell the battery on my launch vita is dwindling and I constantly have to have my battery backup connected. I've looked into buying a vita slim but they seem very hard to find in the US. Considering importing (the red slim from japan) as my backlog will likely keep me busy until ps5 is released. I have also noticed another problem.. the touch screen becomes inactive when plugged into my aux. battery or dedicated power source. I feel it is on its last legs :(

Main question for vita-gaf
I have some Japanese contacts, would it be cheaper for them to buy the hardware in japan and ship it to me or deliver it in person next time they visit the states (October)? Alternatively, shipping would be free as I'd do it through one of my distributers via my employer.

My favorite games include:

Ys
Killzone
persona
God eater
Soul sacrifice
PS Nova
PS 2
Lumines
urban trials and thomas was alone (my wife even played through these!)
sly cooper
odd world games
unit 13
velocity
fez
wild arms
FF7 (my first time playing it)
Hell divers (perfect for vita over consoles)
Rogue Legacy

I could go on and on, needless to say there are many others.

Killzone has me so hooked that I've started playing multiplayer on shadow fall with the ps4! I would really like to get into multiplayer with mercenaries but the community is sparse, any gaffers willing to do an informal weekly session or something similar, even in shadow fall?

Just needed a positive vent, I <3 vita

Nothing major, but nice to see developers who are fans of the console still planning on making content for it:

https://twitter.com/SaffronCR/status/780471501342511104

What do you think about an Action RPG 4 players coop exclusive for our #PSVita ? Thinking on developing further this prototype...

CtTKcZ8W8AA92_F.jpg

CtTKdKTXEAA4VgO.jpg

A few weeks ago I think she was polling what genre people thought was most missing from Vita (and I think WRPG won).

I mean, it's just a prototype, who knows if it'll come to fruition before Vita dies completely. iirc she's an ex Virtual-Toys developer or something like that.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nothing major, but nice to see developers who are fans of the console still planning on making content for it:

https://twitter.com/SaffronCR/status/780471501342511104

CtTKcZ8W8AA92_F.jpg

CtTKdKTXEAA4VgO.jpg

A few weeks ago I think she was polling what genre people thought was most missing from Vita (and I think WRPG won).

I mean, it's just a prototype, who knows if it'll come to fruition before Vita dies completely. iirc she's an ex Virtual-Toys developer or something like that.

At this point i don't care if a game is exclusive or not, just gimme all that you can! XD
I just hope that 4 coop doesn't mean multiplayer only.

At this point i don't care if a game is exclusive or not, just gimme all that you can! XD
I just hope that 4 coop doesn't mean multiplayer only.

I asked about that. She's planning on PSO-style offline multiplayer.

I should probably ask her how she's funding this or if she's using a team or solo effort before I go sharing this.

RK128

I asked about that. She's planning on PSO-style offline multiplayer.

I should probably ask her how she's funding this or if she's using a team or solo effort before I go sharing this.

I shared it on my Twitter feed; like what I saw and hope she continues working on the project :).

I shared it on my Twitter feed; like what I saw and hope she continues working on the project :).

Yeah, it's going to be a Kickstarter project if she decides to move ahead, so at least a few months until that even gets off the ground then years until it actually releases.

https://twitter.com/SaffronCR/status/780488796139843588

Such despair, but that can lead to such incredible hope I guess...

tumblr_inline_mlhbxmyNqx1qz4rgp.png

(I've been watching too much DanganRonpa 3 lately)

An interview with Third Party Productions about Banner Saga on Vita. Loadsa interesting stuff, the talking points: ported by Code Mystics (yay!); won't be coming until 2017 (boo); there's a chance for physical release and Banner Saga 2:

http://www.pocket-console.com/2016/09/an-interview-with-sonys-third-party.html

Michael A Cunningham (Pocket-Console): Before we dive into The Banner Saga, could you talk a little about what the Third Party Production department does? What other Vita games have you had a hand in helping along and in what capacity?

John Sanders (Lead Producer, Third Party Production): Third Party Production exists to assist developers and publishers that need help bringing games to PlayStation platforms. We are big fans of PS Vita and have had a hand in bringing 15 titles to the platform thus far. Some PS Vita games we’ve been a part of are Nidhogg, Risk of Rain, Grim Fandango, and Resident Evil: Revelations 2 just to name a few.

MAC: Last December was when it was revealed that Sony was stepping in to help save the Vita version of The Banner Saga. Does this mean that Sony is working on it directly or is there a third party involved in the porting process? Just curious about how this is happening.

JS: For Banner Saga we brought in Code Mystics, who have helped port several titles to PS Vita (Metal Slug 3, The Last Blade 2, Risk of Rain, etc.). We're big fans of their work and they have taken on numerous challenging projects for the platform. We are involved in overseeing the project together with Versus Evil, the publisher, and Stoic, the creators of Banner Saga.

MAC: Back around PAX West, you made it clear that things were well underway for The Banner Saga. What challenges have you had in scaling this down to the Vita? Maybe some specific challenges? Anything go smoother than expected?

JS: To this point there have not been a lot of specific technical challenges related to the game scope/content itself. It’s going to be super beautiful on PS Vita! What we've faced is some resource challenges in switching developers to Code Mystics, digging into the codebase, and ramping resources to complete it. It's hard to review a port in part/piecemeal, as you need to get most of the game up and running first. So it takes a lot of time, but when it clicks the whole game is pretty much there and the focus becomes performance tuning, polish, bug fixing, etc.

MAC: What are your thoughts about adding additional content for this version? Something to make it unique? Too much work?

JS: The content all comes from Stoic. Not to answer too much on their behalf, but when we undertook this project they were super-focused on Banner Saga 2 and continuing to progress the story/content in that way. As they are a small team, it would have been a direct impact to the progress of that new game to come back and do anything for BS1, which neither party wanted to happen and so we focused instead on a direct port of an already amazing game.

MAC: The important question...any ETA on a release date?

JS: Code Mystics is building up momentum, so I would expect that we're going to be hitting the performance tuning, polish, and bug fixing phase soon. While we can't say specifically, I would expect to get this into eager PS Vita fans hands early 2017...we shall see.

MAC: Have there been any thoughts of doing a physical release for The Banner Saga, even if very limited? There may not be a massive audience for Vita, but as the folks at Limited Run Games have shown the Vita fans are passionate for physical Vita copies. I know I am.

JS: This is a decision that rests with the game's publisher, Versus Evil, so if you'd like to see a physical release, I would ask them!

John Watson (Stoic, Technical Director): We definitely like the idea of physical media. We made boxed copies of both The Banner Saga 1 and The Banner Saga 2 on PC, primarily for European and Australian audiences. We will look into the possibilities for Vita!

MAC: I'm curious...what would you think about just adding in The Banner Saga 2 while you're at it?

JS (3PP): Doing the work on BS1 helps set the stage for more Banner Saga to follow on PS Vita from a tech point of view – but again this is up to Versus Evil. I do know Versus Evil and Stoic are big PS Vita fans, so let them know you'd love to see more Banner Saga!

JW (Stoic): Yes, from a tech side, having a unified engine really helps things along. It took us 2 years to port TBS1 to PS4, but because we were able to leverage the technology, we released TBS2 on PS4 only 10 weeks after the PC launch. We hope we can get this developmental speedup on the Vita side as well.

MAC: Any other future Vita titles we should be looking forward to from the 3PP team?

JS: We sure do! Garou Mark of the Wolves continues our great partnership with SNK and Code Mystics to bring fighting games to PS Vita. Pox Nora from Desert owl will be bringing an amazing amount of content for all your tactical, turn-based online fantasy game needs. Also keep an eye peeled for Ray's the Dead from Ragtag and Adult Swim!
We're also really excited for Darkest Dungeon's PS Vita release on September 27. If you're interested in a challenging, gothic, turn-based RPG, make sure to check it out.

Thank you for sharing the interview, Kresnik258. Good stuff!

Can't wait to play Banner Saga on my Vita. And hopefully BS2 and a physical release through Limited Run Games will happen too.

Edit. fixed!

Thank you for the interview, Kresnik258. Good stuff!

Can't wait to play Banner Saga on my Vita. And hopefully BS2 and a physical release through Limited Run Games will happen too.

Wasn't my interview btw, this guy should take all the credit:

https://twitter.com/FinalMacstorm

And yes, I'm very excited myself. Pleased Code Mystics are doing the porting since they're very experienced with Vita. I am disappointed that it's a 2017 game though and there's no confirmation of Banner Saga 2 yet - I thought we'd get that as a nice surprise somewhere down the line.

GAME are taking preorders for the Root Letter LE which includes the artbook & "limited box" costing £39.99. Exclusive to them for Europe & VGP for NA.

Where does it say that? I did not find any mention of it, but the LE for Steins;Gate 0 is exclusive to them though.

Shizuka

Where does it say that? I did not find any mention of it, but the LE for Steins;Gate 0 is exclusive to them though.

You're confusing the limited edition to the Pen Pal/Amadeus Editions of the two games. The limited edition comes with just the artbook, while the other comes with more stuff.

You're confusing the limited edition to the Pen Pal/Amadeus Editions of the two games. The limited edition comes with just the artbook, while the other comes with more stuff.

No, I know what these editions are. The LE for Steins;Gate 0 has a "only on GAME" mark on their site, Root Letter has not. Or not yet (?). That's why I am asking.

I'm not interested in the bigger collector's editions from Rice Digital. Artbook and Box only is fine for me.

I really hope Just Add Water & Heartmachine can work out an agreement on Hyper Light Drifter for Vita. I keep getting reminded of it and I really want to play it, but always wait for a Vita port of stuff like this where there's a slightest possibility. And I feel like there is with this!

@Wreck

I really hope Just Add Water & Heartmachine can work out an agreement on Hyper Light Drifter for Vita. I keep getting reminded of it and I really want to play it, but always wait for a Vita port of stuff like this where there's a slightest possibility. And I feel like there is with this!

i'm there with you i got the mac version and played it a little and stopped to wait for the PSVita edition man i want that for the vita

Might as well post here too: PSX 2016 is happening in Anaheim, 3rd-4th December.

Don't expect miracles, but Gio might be able to throw Vita a bone with an announcement or two during the conference. 2014 had loads and 2015 had some.

Top Bottom