• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

You reckon? I mean, 2015 had a lot less mentions than 2014, but we still got Full Throttle; Hitman Go & The Last Blade 2. I think at the very least we might get another Lucasarts port and maybe another SNK fighter.

What I think will happen is no mention at PSX but blog posts and trailers will have mentions.

Also bought darkest dungeon and Jet set radio. downloading em now.

What I think will happen is no mention at PSX but blog posts and trailers will have mentions.

Also bought darkest dungeon and Jet set radio. downloading em now.

I'd be fine with that. If the games are coming, I don't need them announced at conferences.

Also, you just got the 6,000th post in this thread, congrats! To celebrate, here's a new trailer for Drive Girls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rdkESDTxYw

It looks exactly like Neptunia U but instead of transforming into goddesses, they transform into cars, and it's pretty hilarious.

Man, importing Asian releases is expensive.

45 pounds for a Vita game. I mean it does come on two carts, but still...

Yup.

Luckily since I'm working with disposable income I can afford it, but even then I have to limit myself. On payday every month (as sad as this is), I allow myself to order $60+ worth of Vita games from Play-Asia so I can use my $5 off coupon. Normally that consists of one expensive game and one cheap game, but sometimes I splash out.

November will be Gundam and something cheap (probably Walking Dead S2)

October will be Dragon Quest Builders & Exist Archive (expensive month)

September was Code;Realize & Ukiyo no Roushi

August was Asterisk War & Senran Kagura

Still, I love collecting, so it's worth it. And I'm really intrigued to the Vita's first dual-cart release. I suspect Super Robot Wars V will be the second.

Saphirax

Yup.

Luckily since I'm working with disposable income I can afford it, but even then I have to limit myself. On payday every month (as sad as this is), I allow myself to order $60+ worth of Vita games from Play-Asia so I can use my $5 off coupon. Normally that consists of one expensive game and one cheap game, but sometimes I splash out.

November will be Gundam and something cheap (probably Walking Dead S2)

October will be Dragon Quest Builders & Exist Archive (expensive month)

September was Code;Realize & Ukiyo no Roushi

August was Asterisk War & Senran Kagura

Still, I love collecting, so it's worth it. And I'm really intrigued to the Vita's first dual-cart release. I suspect Super Robot Wars V will be the second.

Yeah, kinda wish Bamco would release SRW OG: Moon Dwellers as a digital only psn title here. Don't think anything has been announced for the Gundam game in terms of a western release, correct? Just the English Asian release.

Am excited for EA and World of FF in October though :p.

Yeah, kinda wish Bamco would release SRW OG: Moon Dwellers as a digital only psn title here. Don't think anything has been announced for the Gundam game in terms of a western release, correct? Just the English Asian release.

Am excited for EA and World of FF in October though :p.

No, nothing announced for Gundam. Considering Gundam Breaker 3 has skipped the west, I wouldn't expect to see either SD Gundam or Super Robot Wars (OG/V) over here.

Saphirax

No, nothing announced for Gundam. Considering Gundam Breaker 3 has skipped the west, I wouldn't expect to see either SD Gundam or Super Robot Wars (OG/V) over here.

Damn it Bamco, why must you make us suffer?

And here I thought I'd be safe because 'Gundam lol' and then I made the horrible mistake of watching some of the Gundam anime and here I am; looking for the cheapest way to buy the damn games.

Do we want a Valkryie Drive OT?
Gal Gun didn't get one and not many people seemed to be playing it anyway so it wasn't a huge deal.

If there's interest I'll put it together tonight.

Gal Gun didn't get one and not many people seemed to be playing it anyway so it wasn't a huge deal.

Pretty sure Dark_Tzitzimine is working on one

Gal Gun was probably a bit to risque for GAF anyway, but since SK has them VD should be fine. I hope

RK128

Pretty sure Dark_Tzitzimine is working on one

Gal Gun was probably a bit to risque for GAF anyway, but since SK has them VD should be fine. I hope

I remember very few people talking about it on Gaf (outside of the main threads on news for the title and making fun of it). The game wasn't a bad one at all and despite some issues I enjoyed the Light Gun action it offered.

Very excited to play VD and hope that surprises me :).

I remember very few people talking about it on Gaf (outside of the main threads on news for the title and making fun of it). The game wasn't a bad one at all and despite some issues I enjoyed the Light Gun action it offered.

Very excited to play VD and hope that surprises me :).
I think there's just not a lot to talk about with Gal Gun. It's a fun game though, definitely. Hope it did well for PQube.

RK128

I think there's just not a lot to talk about with Gal Gun. It's a fun game though, definitely. Hope it did well for PQube.

Reportedly, the game hit #1 on Steams Best Sellers when the game came to the platform yesterday, so it did well for them :).

Likely sold a lot on Vita, as there was a lot of talk about the game (I remember Kinda Funny Games covered it, I wrote a preview & review on the title, placed live streamed the game, ect). So it got plenty of exposure and hopefully it sold well on Vita :).

Tohsaka

MeiQ didn't get a thread either, which I thought was odd. I finished the game last week and thought it was pretty decent overall.

RK128

MeiQ didn't get a thread either, which I thought was odd. I finished the game last week and thought it was pretty decent overall.

I am currently working on a review of it too and I like it :).

Wait, no one made a OT for the game? That sucks :(.

Reportedly, the game hit #1 on Steams Best Sellers when the game came to the platform yesterday, so it did well for them :).

Likely sold a lot on Vita, as there was a lot of talk about the game (I remember Kinda Funny Games covered it, I wrote a preview & review on the title, placed live streamed the game, ect). So it got plenty of exposure and hopefully it sold well on Vita :).

We will know how it did in a day or two on steam spy. I remember when ztd was number 1 during steam sale people thought it sold 100k and "unprecedented" success. It sold like 10k lol then iirc

Edit: about putting them digitally, it will require all the licensing that they dont want to do. I guess to me it doenst make a difference when I import because I have to import almost every Japanese game I purchase because almost nothing releases locally.

Saphirax: Yea Im in the same boat. That's expensive for a vita game but will end up buying because 2 carts.

RK128

We will know how it did in a day or two on steam spy. I remember when ztd was number 1 during steam sale people thought it sold 100k and "unprecedented" success. It sold like 10k lol then iirc

Edit: about putting them digitally, it will require all the licensing that they dont want to do. I guess to me it doenst make a difference when I import because I have to import almost every Japanese game I purchase because almost nothing releases locally.

Saphirax: Yea Im in the same boat. That's expensive for a vita game but will end up buying because 2 carts.

Ah okay, I didn't know it had an steam sale when it went live. Thank you for explaining things Grim Patron :).

Ah okay, I didn't know it had an steam sale when it went live. Thank you for explaining things Grim Patron :).

Np. Steam sale was on during ZTD's launch. Gal Gun released 2 days (1.5 if you live in the US) ago. No steam sale is on. Ill check numbers later today. Im not expecting anything.

Also I just recently noticed this. Playstation channel only mentions PS4 when the game is cross buy or also available on vita? "Darkest Dungeon Launch Triler | PS4"

RK128

Np. Steam sale was on during ZTD's launch. Gal Gun released 2 days (1.5 if you live in the US) ago. No steam sale is on. Ill check numbers later today. Im not expecting anything.

Also I just recently noticed this. Playstation channel only mentions PS4 when the game is cross buy or also available on vita? "Darkest Dungeon Launch Triler | PS4"

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I get they don't want to talk about the Vita (as they want PS4 sales) but its a bit confusing when reporting on new trailers and then you see when you look the game up it is out on other platforms. Not a big deal abut a bit annoying honestly.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I get they don't want to talk about the Vita (as they want PS4 sales) but its a bit confusing when reporting on new trailers and then you see when you look the game up it is out on other platforms. Not a big deal abut a bit annoying honestly.

I dont understand why they do this. How is it harming them in any way? It is doing a disservice to the developers. I bought darkest dungeon on PSN because I want it portable on Vita. It runs on my macbook air from years ago so i dont care about the PS4 version or big screen version on PSN.

RK128

I dont understand why they do this. How is it harming them in any way? It is doing a disservice to the developers. I bought darkest dungeon on PSN because I want it portable on Vita. It runs on my macbook air from years ago so i dont care about the PS4 version or big screen version on PSN.

At this point, Sony will just do what Sony does :l. Very hard to care at this point. We know what is coming to the Vita & what isn't.

Damn it Bamco, why must you make us suffer?

And here I thought I'd be safe because 'Gundam lol' and then I made the horrible mistake of watching some of the Gundam anime and here I am; looking for the cheapest way to buy the damn games.

Don't worry, just buy and enjoy Digimon on Vita next year :)

Wait...

Saphirax

New nsfw Mary Skelter preview....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAQ_EFzIDRY

Is this really needed in every drpg now?

Clint-Eastwood-disgust.gif

RK128

My motto with games having fan service is that if a game has a good reason for it, I won't mind it too much. Criminal Girls 2 for example uses it well enough with core gameplay mechanics (unlocking new moves for your party members) while Gal*Gun uses it to replace the zombie/monster setting most light gun games have sometimes.

I really don't see any proper reason for it to pop up in the game you linked too......guess we need to say more before we judge it?

Tohsaka

Despite being someone who likes fanservice, I wish they'd stop putting these minigames in if it means they won't bother localizing the games. They tend to get old after the first few times anyway, and I'm sure they're missing out on western sales. I imported Seven Pirates and played through it without much difficulty but I don't think I really want to play a DRPG in Japanese. I don't see how Idea Factory can justify putting in stuff that will cause them to not localize games when their stuff hasn't really been selling that well in Japan lately as it is.

Despite being someone who likes fanservice, I wish they'd stop putting these minigames in if it means they won't bother localizing the games. They tend to get old after the first few times anyway, and I'm sure they're missing out on western sales. I imported Seven Pirates and played through it without much difficulty but I don't think I really want to play a DRPG in Japanese. I don't see how Idea Factory can justify putting in stuff that will cause them to not localize games when their stuff hasn't really been selling that well in Japan lately as it is.

I don't mind it either, just as long as it's not in everything I play, which it's getting to that point with drpgs. It just makes me wonder if they even understand just how well their localizations do over in the West, especially on PC. The more blatant they make the fanservice, the less chance we have of even getting it. Are they actually fine with their games selling 20-30k in their lifetime because they make it so they stay in Japan/the rest of Asia?

Can you mention another company that develops games in this genre that does what Compile Heart is doing?

Demon Gaze 2 has a touching minigame at least, but as far as I know it's rubbing fully clothed characters, not rubbing clothes off and hearing sexual moaning like most CH drpgs. It's clear Demon Gaze was influenced by all the other drpgs with rubbing in them, but that's the only other one I know of that has added a minigame in.

I guess this means we're not getting a localization for Mary Skelter.

Depends on whether or not IFI plans to work with other developers for localizations. Because as far as CH games go, they pretty much have to start localizing the more fanservicey games going forward, because it's all they have remaining on the table atm other than their backlog games (like Date a Live).

I find that I normally like fanservice games in spite of the fanservice (i.e. I skip clothing damage scenes in Senran Kagura and turn them off altogether in Nep U), so I'm another vote for not including them. Specifically if it makes them less attractive to pick up for the west, though it didn't stop Criminal Girls so far.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone have any thoughts on Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo? Had my eye on it for a while and was waiting on a sale, but I've pretty much accepted that's never gonna happen now and it's only $15 anyway (+$5 for the DLC).

Top Bottom