• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Takao

Banned
What happened? If you explain, I think I can help you out somehow :).

do asian english vita games go out of stock quickly on play-asia or will they be in stock for a while?

They usually stay available for quite some time unless it's a game from Sony. Which game are you checking?

DQ Builders. just wondering if i should be in a rush to order it or i can take my time. heard shipping takes a month anyways, haha. so many vita games to buy!!

Play-Asia just sold out on the asian print for Dragon Quest Builders.

Order from Heavy Arm or wait for a Play-Asia restock.

Takao

Banned
aTx4drk.jpg

Who's going to buy this? I DON'T KNOW.

Play-Asia just sold out on the asian print for Dragon Quest Builders.

Well, at least there's clearly good demand for it then? *shrug*

Hopefully this doesn't affect my pre-order I made about a week ago lol.

I DON'T KNOW.

Bergsala Lightweight? As in Drive Girls?

Pretty amusing that they've ignored Vita for the best part of 5 years and have decided now is the perfect time to release Senran Kagura clones and publisher 3-years-late ports of Adventure Time games.

Just a dozen or so otome games!

Well, there's Date-A-Live and the Moero games, but neither of those seem likely. And since IFI don't seem keen on otome since Amnesia did ehh and only sold due to massive price slashes on Steam, I was kind of leaving those off too :p

Saphirax

Well, there's Date-A-Live and the Moero games, but neither of those seem likely. And since IFI don't seem keen on otome since Amnesia did ehh and only sold due to massive price slashes on Steam, I was kind of leaving those off too :p

There was an interview where they said it'd be possible to bring more otome games but since they're a small company it'd take a while. Seeing how they don't have much to localize now's the perfect time!

There was an interview where they said it'd be possible to bring more otome games but since they're a small company it'd take a while. Seeing how they don't have much to localize now's the perfect time!

Hey, maybe we'll get Psychadelica after all!

Though I do wonder whether they'd give a number of their good otome games (Collar x Malice; Bad Apple Wars) if they were planning on releasing titles in the genre themselves.

Saphirax

Hey, maybe we'll get Psychadelica after all!

Though I do wonder whether they'd give a number of their good otome games (Collar x Malice; Bad Apple Wars) if they were planning on releasing titles in the genre themselves.

Maybe the reason Aksys didn't pick Psychedelica is because IFI did! :p

I can dream...

They could just not censor it! Just ignore Germany and Australia. I think PEGI/ESRB really don't care

Well, that's a whole other debate but since they've taken the stance they've taken, I think people are a lot less optimistic about getting games like Moero Pirates in the west.

RK128

Ct49W7fUMAAp4dw.jpg

I'm not sure if there's any Vita games left for them to bring over other than Mary Skelter. Wonder if we'll get any announcements.

I got an email for that too. I think we will get another Neptunia game announced for the Vita, and some localization announcements for both PS4 & Vita. They are a major Vita supporter, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them bring over a few games.

They have that cross-over card game for the Vita that will likely come over and as YianGaruga pointed out, visual novels that they could bring over too. We have to wait and see what announcements they share at the event but I have hope some great stuff will be shown off :).

I got an email for that too. I think we will get another Neptunia game announced for the Vita, and some localization announcements for both PS4 & Vita. They are a major Vita supporter, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them bring over a few games.

There aren't any more Vita Neptunia games for them to localize, considering Four Goddesses Online will likely be PS4 only. It's basically Mary Skelter, the VN backlog and Moero, unless they decide to do like the other localization companies and start picking up things from other developers.

Clive

I wonder if Mary Skelter can even be localized if they refuse to censor. It had rubbing of "small breasted" women to sex noises in the latest trailer. Don't consider it as a given. Might be best to go in with low expectations for this event if all you want is Vita games. Better to be pleasantly surprised than to get your expectations crushed.

RK128

There aren't any more Vita Neptunia games for them to localize, considering Four Goddesses Online will likely be PS4 only. It's basically Mary Skelter, the VN backlog and Moero, unless they decide to do like the other localization companies and start picking up things from other developers.

I meant announcing a new game in the Neptuina series for the Vita but yes, you are right about that. The only Neptuina game left to localized is that card-cross over game. To be fair though, the Vita has gotten over eight games in the series, so missing some of the PS4 only ones isn't that bad.

I do wonder if they will start picking up other companies titles, as that would be an interesting development. Maybe we will see them being a major visual novel provider for the Vita, localizing visual novels they developed internally and ones from other developers next year?

Could make up for focusing more on PS4 and PC I think regarding the Neptuina series (Four Goddesses Online) and other projects.

joe2187

Banned
As much as I appreciated IF's support for the vita.

I have no patience for their games, specifically the Neptunia stuff.

They had something with Monpiece as there is currently a very sore lack of battlling card games on the Vita but the rest of the game was about as mind numbing as their other stuff.

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/783343816396959744

First look at Rogue Raiders Online.

I mean... I'm impressed. It was only 14th September that she polled to ask what kind of Vita game people would like to see, then 15th she polled again to see what kind of western RPG (which won the previous poll). And now she's already got a prototype up and running?

I'm sure it's using a lot of pre-packaged assets and stuff but still, maybe there is hope for that project after all.

As much as I appreciated IF's support for the vita.

I have no patience for their games, specifically the Neptunia stuff.

They had something with Monpiece as there is currently a very sore lack of battlling card games on the Vita but the rest of the game was about as mind numbing as their other stuff.

I got over it after the first neptunia rebirth tbh. I dont bother anymore.

Tohsaka

No one wants Seven Pirates?

ok... :(

I'd rebuy it if they decided to localize it. I think they could get away with not censoring it as long as they don't care about Germany and Australia, it's less lewd than the previous Moero games. Other than that game, the only unlocalized CH title is Black Rose Valkyrie on PS4 so I'm sure they will be announcing that at the event.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/783343816396959744

First look at Rogue Raiders Online.

I mean... I'm impressed. It was only 14th September that she polled to ask what kind of Vita game people would like to see, then 15th she polled again to see what kind of western RPG (which won the previous poll). And now she's already got a prototype up and running?

I'm sure it's using a lot of pre-packaged assets and stuff but still, maybe there is hope for that project after all.

Wow it looks extremely good, maybe even too good considering it's a vita indie game, i will probably buy it just to support the effort no matter the final result, i'm not too fond of animal characters in rpgs though.

Wow it looks extremely good, maybe even too good considering it's a vita indie game, i will probably buy it just to support the effort no matter the final result, i'm not too fond of animal characters in rpgs though.

I mean, like I say it's only a month since she announced she was planning on making a Vita exclusive. It's very impressive so far but I assume it's running on PC and using placeholder assets, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too far yet.

That said, she's from a Spanish studio that have shipped Vita games, plus she's clearly very talented and passionate for Vita so hopefully things work out. Just don't get hopes up too high, because anything can happen ofc.

There's a kickstarter planned at some point to raise funds to buy a Vita dev kit and assets, then she's planning to do all the programming herself, so we'll have to see how it goes.

Saphirax

Someone sell me on Shiren. I've been eyeing it for weeks and now it's finally on sale, but...I haven't played a lot of roguelikes and the ones I did play I ended up not enjoying that much (The curry roguelike, One way heroics demo).

Top Bottom