• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Xseed likes their shelf space, no matter how small it may be. If more and more stores don't want to give them that space, why would they want to release a game where they can't have what they want for it?

But they get 0 shelf space with Steam, lol! :(

Seriously though, I'm with you on this. Despite Tom's comments to the contrary, I genuinely don't believe there hasn't just been a company-wide decision not to take on Vita exclusives any more. Far too many have been passed on just for it to be coincidence.

Which is a damn shame, but at least other companies are picking up the slack where they can. Still impress PQube got Valkyrie Drive.

AniHawk

I'm going to choose to believe we're getting Coven over here solely based on the incredibly flimsy evidence that NISA favourited my tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/nonarylame/status/812464171149328388

one lucky individual already had a chance to see their 2017 lineup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91lZ7xQOdPc#t=2m20s

honestly though they have a pretty good year coming up. even already it's one of their strongest, but the best stuff is still under wraps.

AniHawk

How much of that is vita/ps4 related? :p

a lot of it? their last nintendo game was rodea the sky soldier. there's not a lot to choose from on that side unless they're making switch games no one is currently aware of. aside from the one nisj is making according to that third-party list.

Saphirax

a lot of it? their last nintendo game was rodea the sky soldier. there's not a lot to choose from on that side unless they're making switch games no one is currently aware of. aside from the one nisj is making according to that third-party list.

That's all I needed to hear! Can't wait for the announcements.

Tohsaka

I doubt NISA will pass on any of their parent company's recently released or announced games except maybe Hero Must die, so I'm expecting Princess, Coven and Witch100 2 at least. Maybe they'll pull an Aksys and steal Ys from XSEED or something, too. I don't see what else they could announce that would be bigger than Danganronpa really.

There's honestly nothing I can think of that Nisa could get, that would be considered bigger than Danganronpa. No partnership with another niche developer or internally developed Nis game could be that big.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This and Shin Hayarigami would make my year.

Highly doubt Utaware would happen considering you literally need the first game localized also for anything to make sense with the other 2 titles. Then the problem with if code even exists for the first game to be localized since currently the only digital ver that exists is the PSP version, which is on JPSN.

From there you would need to invest in getting the other 2 games out also, which drags out a long term investment without any sort of measure for previous interest in the series as trying to generate hype from an old PSP game isnt going to cut it. For the amount of work done and Id imagine quite the niche market doubt its worth for a company to put in for the long haul with a series like that regardless of the quality. That and if they rush the translations with some budget outfit, it will most def ruin the overall experience as the main focus will be on the shit translations more than anything else. Since the game for the most part is a Visual Novel with SRPG sections, so the text would have to be given proper treatment with translations. Otherwise you might as well not invest in the project.

Since the first title if even done would be a "Vita" release in the form of a PSP DL, where folks would whine about the graphics without understanding the fact that its a PSP game. You have the next issue with deciding if you will want to release the 2nd and 3rd games on either just the PS4 or the PS4 and PSV. Which adds to the overall cost of localization. Considering how long all of this would get dragged out for doing all 3 titles pretty much lowers the chance of them wanting to do a physical Vita release if any.

A far safer choice is picking a different IP that has no previous connections that would be difficult to localize to make a complete package for a "new" series in the West. Even more so when it does not require a long term investment for localization scheduling.

Better than Danganronpa V3? That's a really, really tall order. I'll hold you to it, AniHawk!

There's honestly nothing I can think of that Nisa could get, that would be considered bigger than Danganronpa. No partnership with another niche developer or internally developed Nis game could be that big.

Yeah, I can't see anything being as big as DR3 unless NISJ are cooking up Disgaea 6 (which I doubt for the time being).

honestly though they have a pretty good year coming up. even already it's one of their strongest, but the best stuff is still under wraps.

I'm guessing there's plenty of PC porting in here that'd qualify as "best stuff". Still, maybe Ani means critically acclaimed or something. iirc Coven had incredibly strong feedback from Japan.

And I'll still cling on to my irrational hope of Hero Must Die given that it took them more than a year to announce Operation Babel for the west ;)

Shizuka

Maybe we should start looking into partnerships NISA has built through European distribution and publishing. Falcom, Aquaplus, what other companies are there?

Maybe we should start looking into partnerships NISA has built through European distribution and publishing. Falcom, Aquaplus, what other companies are there?

For Aquaplus, if they couldn't get ahold of the first Uta and port it to something else, it would be pointless for them to do the rest. With DT2-2 I really do not see them touching it when they have enough drpgs on the table already.

For Falcom, I would question the health of Xseed as a business, if Nisa took either Ys or Trails from them. I honestly do not see Nisa working on either of those, unless Nisa will be the one to bring those games to PC.

For Nis, literally the only big thing they could have that comes even close to Danganronpa, is Disgaea 6. Which after how 5 did, I do not consider it "bigger than Danganronpa". Danganronpa outsells Disgaea at this point.

Saphirax

For Aquaplus, if they couldn't get ahold of the first Uta and port it to something else, it would be pointless for them to do the rest. With DT2-2 I really do not see them touching it when they have enough drpgs on the table already.

For Falcom, I would question the health of Xseed as a business, if Nisa took either Ys or Trails from them. I honestly do not see Nisa working on either of those, unless Nisa will be the one to bring those games to PC.

For Nis, literally the only big thing they could have that comes even close to Danganronpa, is Disgaea 6. Which after how 5 did, I do not consider it "bigger than Danganronpa".

Someone could always port the Kiseki series (at least Trails in the sky pc versions) to ps4/vita and they could be the publisher. If someone got Ys, it opens the possibility for more Falcom games.

5pb (Operation Abyss/Babel). Clearly NISA are going to save me by grabbing Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes.

Isn't PQube more likely for those, given that they've done the most recent 5pb VN releases?

Yes, I'm just joking. I don't think for a second NISA will pick up those games.

Sadly PQube won't go after Chaos;Head/Robotics;Notes though. The retailer leak hints at them picking up Chaos;Child, which makes sense because there's a PS4 SKU of that game whereas there isn't of the others. It's still great news, but I'd rather have the others.

Yes, I'm just joking. I don't think for a second NISA will pick up those games.

Sadly PQube won't go after Chaos;Head/Robotics;Notes though. The retailer leak hints at them picking up Chaos;Child, which makes sense because there's a PS4 SKU of that game whereas there isn't of the others. It's still great news, but I'd rather have the others.
There's no reason PQube wouldn't go after Vita exclusives, but I have my doubts that 5pb would go for it (and they make the business decisions).

Shizuka

Has there been a recent leak/rumor I'm unaware of? I've been seriously hoping they'd get Net High.

PQube mentioned that they'd have four visual novels released for the Vita in July. Root Letter and Steins;Gate 0 are out, Chaos;Child is definitely coming and the only other that'd fit is Net High, that'd also make sense if you take into account that they confirmed to have Vita exclusives in 2017, not to mention that it's following the path of Valkyrie Drive by having an english trophy list despite XSEED not showing any interest in Vita-exclusives.

Cornbread78

PQube mentioned that they'd have four visual novels released for the Vita in July. Root Letter and Steins;Gate 0 are out, Chaos;Child is definitely coming and the only other that'd fit is Net High, that'd also make sense if you take into account that they confirmed to have Vita exclusives in 2017, not to mention that it's following the path of Valkyrie Drive by having an english trophy list despite XSEED not showing any interest in Vita-exclusives.

Has there been any other chatter about Clannad releasing in English on Vita?

Shizuka

i've been holding off buying the steam version because some part of me believes it's still possible, the other one i've heard great things of is the house in fata morgana, this one has zero chance of coming to vita right?

Morgana has zero chances, unless someone hacks the existing translation into the japanese release next year.

Net High will be a Vita-exclusive visual novel released by PQube in 2017, I don't think it's up to them.

Oh yeah, I forgot all that chatter. Still, I think the Vita-exclusive will be Uppers, even though Marvelous Europe have been on Twitter denying it's coming west and suggesting we import it lol -_-

Oh yeah, I forgot all that chatter. Still, I think the Vita-exclusive will be Uppers, even though Marvelous Europe have been on Twitter denying it's coming west and suggesting we import it lol -_-

They have? :/

I very nearly pulled the trigger on an import day one, but I've patiently waited. I'll give it a few more months.

Takao

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTotaEBjpk
http://shiin.jp/

Looks like the site is registered to Experience's Hajime Chikami https://who.is/whois/shiin.jp

The Valkyria Revolution Vita demo is out on the Japanese store. Screenshots:

fcpaqjq.jpg

ICcQORf.jpg

lY3rAY0.jpg

AniHawk

Yeah, I can't see anything being as big as DR3 unless NISJ are cooking up Disgaea 6 (which I doubt for the time being).

I'm guessing there's plenty of PC porting in here that'd qualify as "best stuff". Still, maybe Ani means critically acclaimed or something. iirc Coven had incredibly strong feedback from Japan.

And I'll still cling on to my irrational hope of Hero Must Die given that it took them more than a year to announce Operation Babel for the west ;)

this got a little out of hand. in my head, i equated 'best stuff' with 'biggest surprises'.

danganronpa is plenty good, and probably going to be their biggest seller next year by a good margin. but everyone kind of saw that one coming (except maybe not so soon?).

calling it now: 2017 is going to be like 1998 in being one of the best years on record for the industry. and even a niche publisher like nisa is on fire this time.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
2017 thread later this week?

Merry Christmas GAF Vitabros. Have a great day even if your not celebratin'
Wow i didn't realize these are the last days of this thread... I fear to see the list of upcoming games in the new thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTotaEBjpk
http://shiin.jp/

Looks like the site is registered to Experience's Hajime Chikami https://who.is/whois/shiin.jp

The Valkyria Revolution Vita demo is out on the Japanese store. Screenshots:

fcpaqjq.jpg

ICcQORf.jpg

lY3rAY0.jpg

It seems to run well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRyLgbh2zlw

redcrayon

Operation Babel is up on the UK Amazon store with a (presumably placeholder) date of May 19 2017.

I hope all you vitagaffers had a lovely holiday :)

They have? :/

I very nearly pulled the trigger on an import day one, but I've patiently waited. I'll give it a few more months.

https://twitter.com/marvelous_games/status/813073824396771328

https://twitter.com/marvelous_games/status/813074150449414144

As it stands their are no plans for a western release of Uppers. Of course this could change.

Of course if you want to show your support you could always import the Japanese version ^_^

Standard PR responses, but I wonder if they'd be saying this if PQube had grabbed it.

Not too bad.

Better than I was expecting indeed.

this got a little out of hand. in my head, i equated 'best stuff' with 'biggest surprises'.

danganronpa is plenty good, and probably going to be their biggest seller next year by a good margin. but everyone kind of saw that one coming (except maybe not so soon?).

calling it now: 2017 is going to be like 1998 in being one of the best years on record for the industry. and even a niche publisher like nisa is on fire this time.

Surprises are good. Any kind of tease and this thread kind of runs with it anyway.

Eep, can't wait until next year.

Shizuka

For me, no announcement will ever top the conference where NISA announced Danganronpa and Demon Gaze. I used to participate on NISA Forums and those were the two most requested titles by yours truly.

Operation Babel is up on the UK Amazon store with a (presumably placeholder) date of May 19 2017.

I hope all you vitagaffers had a lovely holiday :)

Cheers mate. Just checked this - they also have DanganRonpa; Hakuouki and Mary Skelter, all of which are news. So I guess that's Hakuouki confirmed physical in Europe which is sweet!

Saphirax

Cheers mate. Just checked this - they also have DanganRonpa; Hakuouki and Mary Skelter, all of which are news. So I guess that's Hakuouki confirmed physical in Europe which is sweet!

Shopto has had Hakuoki listed on their site for quite a while. Same goes for MK.

Great news. Ill be importing Toukiden 2 on vita for sure from EU.

Also wasnt it obv that the IFI vita games would be physical? they are really good about physical on vita.

Top Bottom