• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

RK128

Are you talking about importing one? Because is not cheap to import a Vita from Japan. Every GameStop and online store has been out of stock in Sweden long before Christmas. Have tried to buy one for a while now. And Amazon stock seems to be running out too in other countries. In my eyes there are few possibility.
- Could be just stock issues.
- Bad news: Sony has decided to discontinue the Vita in Europe.
- Good news: Sony has decided to release a new model but it got pulled for several reasons. Did not make sense to have in the PS4 Pro event. Nintendo announced the Switch.

Either way someone should look into the reason there is stock issues? There could be a new revision on the way.

I'm going to be honest; Sony will either discontinue the Vita in western markets in 2018 officially or they really are making a Vita 3000.

While this might be blind optimism on my end, I really think the later option is more likely. Mainly from how they will be losing sales and developers to the Switch and Sony likely doesn't want that. Those developers could be making PS4 and Vita games, not Switch games. Remember, the Switch is one thing so making a portable/console game might be really easy to do.

Optimizing and getting games ready on both Vita and PS4 likely takes a decent amount of time, so if Sony doesn't care about the Vita anymore, developers might shift to the Switch on the idea of less development costs and ensuring they have a portable version of titles ready for Japan.

Making a Vita 3000 with slightly stronger hardware, features people have been asking for like L2/R2 buttons, and more could make many happy. I'm positive that a Vita Pro would do well if it got some marketing and issues the Vita has would be fixed (memory cards being compatible but you can also use SD cards, longer battery life, etc).

Clive

Are you talking about importing one? Because is not cheap to import a Vita from Japan. Every GameStop and online store has been out of stock in Sweden long before Christmas. Have tried to buy one for a while now. And Amazon stock seems to be running out too in other countries. In my eyes there are few possibility.
- Could be just stock issues.
- Bad news: Sony has decided to discontinue the Vita in Europe.
- Good news: Sony has decided to release a new model but it got pulled for several reasons. Did not make sense to have in the PS4 Pro event. Nintendo announced the Switch.

Either way someone should look into the reason there is stock issues? There could be a new revision on the way.

I was dealing with the assumption that you could at least buy Vitas new online in your country, didn't know how bad it was, or that it was Sweden we were talking about for that matter. Importing from outside Europe to Sweden is not ideal because you might have to pay 100 SEK plus local tax in import fees too.

Honestly, Sony has made it pretty clear that they started winding down Vita support a long time ago so I don't even think we should consider the possibility of the stock issues being caused by the Vita Pro or other redesign launching soon. I don't really keep track of the European market but if it's as bad as you say then it's likely completely discontinued, at least in certain countries. Sony's focus is the PS4 and maybe PSVR and that's just the way it is. When consoles are abandoned and discontinued you have to buy used or overpriced. Seems that might be the case here.

Maybe someone else here has some advice on where to buy a Vita in Europe with shipping to Sweden? I'm sadly clueless about this.

RK128

I was dealing with the assumption that you could at least buy Vitas new online in your country, didn't know how bad it was, or that it was Sweden we were talking about for that matter. Importing from outside Europe to Sweden is not ideal because you might have to pay 100 SEK plus local tax in import fees too.

Honestly, Sony has made it pretty clear that they started winding down Vita support a long time ago so I don't even think we should consider the possibility of the stock issues being caused by the Vita Pro or other redesign launching soon. I don't really keep track of the European market but if it's as bad as you say then it's likely completely discontinued, at least in certain countries. Sony's focus is the PS4 and maybe PSVR and that's just the way it is. When consoles are abandoned and discontinued you have to buy used or overpriced. Seems that might be the case here.

Maybe someone else here has some advice on where to buy a Vita in Europe with shipping to Sweden? I'm sadly clueless about this.

Mmm.....maybe you could visit Play Asia site and see if they have Vita's on sale? They ship from the Europe to NA for example.

DFox

Making a Vita 3000 with slightly stronger hardware, features people have been asking for like L2/R2 buttons, and more could make many happy. I'm positive that a Vita Pro would do well if it got some marketing and issues the Vita has would be fixed (memory cards being compatible but you can also use SD cards, longer battery life, etc).

Stronger hardware is not the solution. The only thing I want to be honest is longer battery life and you don't need rocket scientist to figure out how Sony would be able to achieve that.
021.jpg

Picture of Vita 2000

We haven't had any new Vita's in UK for about two months. Situation in Europe is even worse. Even Spain/Portugal has run out.

I think you're looking at importing from Asia at this point, short of a miracle restock.

I always work on the assumption that Asian-English games will be difficult to find fairly quickly, so always import them as soon as they come out when possible.

Glad I got this when I did. Should probably hunt down DOAX3 sooner rather than later.

Where is The Banner Saga?

http://www.pocket-console.com/2016/09/an-interview-with-sonys-third-party.html

Still in development at Code Mystics. 'Early 2017', so presumably still on target unless we're told otherwise.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think it would be awesome a Scorpio-like Vita successor that can play Vita games natively and improved without patches, it should be easy to do since vita was made with "standard" mobile components... Too bad there won't be a new handheld no matter the type....

I need help for neverending nightmares,
immediately after the room where the character wakes up with his sister being a psychiatrist there an enemy and a pile of bodies but there's no space to pass between them, what to do?

Saphirax

I'm going to be honest; Sony will either discontinue the Vita in western markets in 2018 officially or they really are making a Vita 3000.

While this might be blind optimism on my end, I really think the later option is more likely. Mainly from how they will be losing sales and developers to the Switch and Sony likely doesn't want that. Those developers could be making PS4 and Vita games, not Switch games. Remember, the Switch is one thing so making a portable/console game might be really easy to do.

Optimizing and getting games ready on both Vita and PS4 likely takes a decent amount of time, so if Sony doesn't care about the Vita anymore, developers might shift to the Switch on the idea of less development costs and ensuring they have a portable version of titles ready for Japan.

I really don't think so. Sony doesn't care much about Japan. Not only that but they won't be losing much, if anything, to Switch. Instead of Vita/PS4 you'll be seeing Switch/PS4. Switch and PS4 will be closer in power than Vita and PS4 are.

Mind you that this goes both ways. Switch being way more powerful than a 3DS means higher development costs. So unless Nintendo pays for it, we'll be seeing multiplatform titles.

Shizuka

Fuck, Play-Asia has been selling out on all english asian releases after HeavyArm started tweeting about the ending for the reprints. I still have to get Gundam Breaker 3 and Phoenix Festa.

Fuck, Play-Asia has been selling out on all english asian releases after HeavyArm started tweeting about the ending for the reprints. I still have to get Gundam Breaker 3 and Phoenix Festa.

For what it's worth, I'd suggest pre-ordering Super Robot Wars V if you're at all interested given how quickly some of Bamco's recent releases have disappeared.

Shizuka

For what it's worth, I'd suggest pre-ordering Super Robot Wars V if you're at all interested given how quickly some of Bamco's recent releases have disappeared.

Oh, I definitely am, but mostly because I'm excited about the game itself rather than keeping a copy for my collection.

godisntheradio

Neo Member

Shizuka

i cannot finish the checkout, Steins;Gate 0 + P4 DAN and the free standard shipping, when i click confirm it just sends me back to the payment information, maybe i'm not eligible for the free shipping although it says worldwide
now i'm worried if it'll accept the payment for atelier shallie preorder

Do you live in Canada? If not, I had those issues when I started buying stuff from them last year. Try a different browser, use a VPN, it works eventually.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Do you live in Canada? If not, I had those issues when I started buying stuff from them last year. Try a different browser, use a VPN, it works eventually.

now it's redirecting me to my agency website(i think) saying that to complete the transaction i should have a security module on my pc or an authenticator on my phone, is this normal? it's the first time an website asked for this.

Shizuka

now it's redirecting me to my agency website(i think) saying that to complete the transaction i should have a security module on my pc or an authenticator on my phone, is this normal? it's the first time an website asked for this.

I think you should go with PayPal, VGP has become known for poor credit card security.

Fyi, Phoenix Festa is already back in stock at P-A.

I wouldn't worry too much yet about Asian English games that have been released in 2016. The ones that Heavy-Arm tweeted about are typically games from 2015 and before.

Shizuka

Phoenix Festa must be the last Vita exclusive that Bandai Namco localize. There's no way they'll do another one moving forward. That alone warrants a purchase, but I do want to watch the anime first.

See you all in the 2017 thread where we will discuss the announcements of localisations for the other Science Adventure VNs, Ao/Zero No Kiseki, Shin Hayarigami, Hero Must Die, Net High, Uppers, a great flood of otome and more!

:'(

godisntheradio

Neo Member
See you all in the 2017 thread where we will discuss the announcements of localisations for the other Science Adventure VNs, Ao/Zero No Kiseki, Shin Hayarigami, Hero Must Die, Net High, Uppers, a great flood of otome and more!

i'm know the situation with this is harder than the 3rd, but we though we wouldn't get the 3rd either, we shouldn't lose hope yet, i'm sure they're looking into ways to bring Zero/Ao to us.

See you all in the 2017 thread

Phoenix Festa must be the last Vita exclusive that Bandai Namco localize. There's no way they'll do another one moving forward. That alone warrants a purchase, but I do want to watch the anime first.

Extreme Vs. Force and Phoenix Festa were surprises to me, there's every chance Bamco Asia will do the same thing again with some small exclusive based on anime.

I have faith a number of these will happen, at least.

t26

i'm know the situation with this is harder than the 3rd, but we though we wouldn't get the 3rd either, we shouldn't lose hope yet, i'm sure they're looking into ways to bring Zero/Ao to us.

See you all in the 2017 thread

Zero No Kiseki should be fine since Falcom released Japanese PC version.

Clive

I have to say I have enjoyed my Vita greatly in 2016 even with owning all other current gen consoles too and I look forward to enjoying it plenty more in 2017. There are still some great games coming out for it. It was my most played console this year and I wouldn't be surprised if I say the same about next year after 2017 has ended.

Wait, is the US getting a regular edition physical version of Summon Night 6 on Vita?

Might have to import that, despite feeling bitter about dub only.

RK128

Wait, is the US getting a regular edition physical version of Summon Night 6 on Vita?

Might have to import that, despite feeling bitter about dub only.

Well, you could turn off the voices and not having voice acting outright. That was the case for Summon Night 5 and it worked out okay there :).

Fady K

2017 thread is up Vita buds ;D Enjoy!

I had similar replies from electronics stores in Germany when I tried to get a charger cable for an older Vita model. They didn't say "discontinued", just that Sony hasn't sent them new stock in months. They didn't seem too fussed about it, probably not worth stocking anymore anyway.

The list of VN and Otome stuff that Shizuka posted seems excellent though, let's hope my Vita survives 2017 intact (really need to buy a proper casing for the poor thing).

Also thanks to Fady K for this thread. :3

You are most welcome Dee Dee :) Enjoy the new thread!

When the new thread goes up, could someone drop a note back in here :)

New thread up bud :)

Top Bottom