• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Saphirax

Period Cube - 28th April
Caligula - May 2nd
Operation Babel - May 19th
Hakuoki - May 19th
Utawarerumono - May 23rd
Summon Night 6 - May 23rd

Did I miss anything? Other than money to buy all of those :p.

Shizuka

Period Cube - 28th April
Caligula - May 2nd
Hakuoki - May 19th
Utawarerumono - May 23rd

I'd expect more May titles, specially from Sekai Project and XSEED.

Period Cube - 28th April
Caligula - May 2nd
Hakuoki - May 19th
Utawarerumono - May 23rd

Ys Origin comes in May as well, unless it gets delayed again. Cosmic Star Heroine will probably be May for Vita as well, if "several weeks later" holds true.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory has been announced for PS4/Vita.

Sequel, with the original game packed in as extra content.

Exciting! I hope they get this out in a suitable amount of time so a western release on Vita can still be on the cards.

Saphirax

Exciting! I hope they get this out in a suitable amount of time so a western release on Vita can still be on the cards.

Wonder what their excuse for not bringing the Vita version will be this time.

Cornbread78

Still playing the original, but I'll buy this when it drops, lol

Shizuka

Save us, Asia!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Apparently it's not a direct sequel... Well who cares awesome news :)

Powwa

I don't really have trust in Bamco about bringing the game over to the West. They skipped Digimon Next Order even though CB did quite well, not even a digital release. They even locked English translation out of the Asian release, don't get your hopes up if you don't want to be disappointed.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't really have trust in Bamco about bringing the game over to the West. They skipped Digimon Next Order even though CB did quite well, not even a digital release. They even locked English translation out of the Asian release, don't get your hopes up if you don't want to be disappointed.

Next order was ugly and ran bad IIRC, so i can understand the reason, but yeah don't get your hopes too up anyway.

18-Volt

There probably will be a save transfer thing. They can be jerk at times but I'm pretty sure they won't screw fans like ignoring all those Vita playtimes. Mine is close to 90 hours.

I'm pretty sure it'll come. They had excuse for Next Order, they don't for this one. Plus a farfetched thing like Accel World is coming, why not this?

He did one better and said Switch is underwhelming. He also threw some heat towards mobage.

If only he could actually do something about it like finish up that Nier port he wanted to do. Sigh.

Considering he's never actually done anything for either PSP or Vita, it's a bit meh.

Shizuka

Pretty sure a UMD of CoH3 is not possible as I believe the Japanese factory is done at the end of the month and we could never get having them manufactured there to happen. PSVita retail version is unlikely because it would have to be ported and there's not enough money in the series to do that. If we release it on PSN, it will work on Vita digitally, though.

From Gaijinworks Forums. I guess this is it for the little PSP.

Shizuka

Haha, not surprised by that, the amount of time it had taken I assumed they'd missed the boat on physical. Never mind.

If they take too long, it'll be too late for Class of Heroes 3 (PS3). I guess this is the end for the Class of Heroes' series in the West as well.

Did the Vita version sell well? I know I bought in the first week.

Don't think we ever heard anything about how each console did, but we did get a thank you only about a week or 2 after release signifying that it was successful. So overall we know it did well for them. I wouldn't base us only getting the PS4 version of Next Order as any kind of indicator as to how CS on Vita did, considering how the quality of NO was on Vita.

With that said, we do have a very basic view on how the Vita version did in Europe at least. We know it charted multiple times on PSN, something that Cold Steel 1 and 2 never did, so take that as you will.

If they take too long, it'll be too late for Class of Heroes 3 (PS3). I guess this is the end for the Class of Heroes' series in the West as well.

Wasn't the 3DS game supposed to be terrible anyway?

edit: Wait no, that was the PSP game that wasn't really a gridder.

http://www.rpgsite.net/interview/52...che-kings-on-their-trip-into-a-robotic-future

RPG Site: Okay, so... we spoke about this before, but Mr. Yoko, you weren't here for that one, so... tell us a little about how Nier Automata came to be? We were really surprised when it was announced.

Yosuke Saito: The truth is that Nier Automata only really exists because PlatinumGames got involved. Originally, Mr. Yoko was proposing, saying he'd love to do something with the world of Nier and Drakengard, and do something perhaps on smartphones, make a game on that scale. Then, at the very same time actually, we were in discussions with PlatinumGames about doing something else with them - a collaboration of some kind.

We found out that a lot of the young development staff in Platinum are really big fans of the original game. They actually proposed to us that they'd like to do a remake of the original Nier on PS Vita! We thought, okay, this is perfect timing... we've got these two, they're both really keen to do something new with Nier, so let's go ahead and make a proper new Nier game.

What could have been!

(I mean, Automata was a pretty damn good result, but still)

Jimrpg

Yoko Taro has said on Twitter that he wishes a Vita successor was coming out, lol.

It'll happen - just got to make sure everyone buys a Switch and make it sell 50m units by the end of next year. Sony execs looking at each other nervously wondering what the fuck is going on and who's to blame for stuffing up the Vita. TGS 2018, Vita 2 is revealed $199, no cameras, no back touch silliness, L2/R2/L3/R3 buttons, runs PS4 games natively or remotely (if you don't want to install it on your system), backwards compatible with PSP and Vita games (and carts), includes a VR headset box where you slide the Vita 2 inside for wireless VR! :)

May as well make it $149 while we're dreaming.

Shizuka

I'm currently reviewing The Nonary Games for the Vita, so if anyone has any question regarding the brand new 999 remake, lemme know and I'll try to answer here.

I'm currently reviewing The Nonary Games for the Vita, so if anyone has any question regarding the brand new 999 remake, lemme know and I'll try to answer here.

Not really a question about the remake itself, but a different question. I'm assuming that both games are on a single Vita card and you choose which game to launch when it starts up?

Shizuka

Not really a question about the remake itself, but a different question. I'm assuming that both games are on a single Vita card and you choose which game to launch when it starts up?

Everytime you boot the game, after the opening animation, you can choose between 999 and VLR, yes.

After being in crunch mode for many months, I've gotta confess, I'm going to take a few weeks off after the game comes out (and any launch patches are taken care of). I wouldn't expect CSH on Vita in May. Maybe June.

Honestly, that's probably for the best considering everything else that's coming out in May. Sure, most of the posters in here would probably buy it then anyway (along with everything else coming out), but unless it were early May, it would be harder for most to notice it among the games at the end of the month.

Jimrpg

I just got the Sly Collection and the back of the box says Sly 3 is a download code, which is annoying, hope it at least works with my AU account, its a region 1 copy but it does say ALL regions on the back.

Another reason FFX/FFX-2 is annoying if I want the FFX-2 physical its another US$25... wish they would just include 2 carts.

Btw - how about Ratchet and Jak collections - are they all on the cart? or are some games download as well?

Shizuka

Oh. Dang. Does Pqube have any upcoming events or announcements?

Their next announcement is likely going to be Chaos;Child, as that's the one they've been teasing the most. Not sure about upcoming events where they could announce more games.

Edit: From PQube's Twitter:

i don't think we'll have a line-up announcement, just announcements separately when ready for each game

Uppersuppersuppers :(

I don't think PQube have it, I'm just hopeful that they do.

That said, I'd be happy with Yu-No and Chaos;Child. Less enthused about Punchline if that's happening.

Also, someone should pick up Desire Remastered, that looks ace. And that other old VN that isn't Yu-No and isn't Desire that I keep forgetting the name of.

Fake edit: Eve Burst Error R, that's the one.

i-Jest

Don't think we ever heard anything about how each console did, but we did get a thank you only about a week or 2 after release signifying that it was successful. So overall we know it did well for them. I wouldn't base us only getting the PS4 version of Next Order as any kind of indicator as to how CS on Vita did, considering how the quality of NO was on Vita.

With that said, we do have a very basic view on how the Vita version did in Europe at least. We know it charted multiple times on PSN, something that Cold Steel 1 and 2 never did, so take that as you will.

Cool beans, fingers crossed we actually get it, even as a digital release.

Shizuka

Has any Sekai Project title undergone ESRB certification yet? I feel like they have multiple titles coming, but they're always mentioned as undergoing ESRB cert.

Not sure posting about specific retailers here is allowed, but if it is - Grainger Games (UK retailer) have Toukiden 2 for £23 pre-order. Just changed my order from ShopTo (which was £28.50) to this, worth saving a fiver on.

I had to format my 64GB since it was acting up :/

A few games which were on the card for a long time had loading issues or crashed the system, so I rebuild database, which made half of my bubbles disappear. Then I checked the content manager and most data was shown under "Other" and saw that a lot of games showed the wrong size, only a few KB in some cases. Deleted the offending games, rebuild database again and things seemed to be mostly fine. Still decided to format just in case. Redownloaded about 10 GB of games (fuck games with a lot of DLC) again and it works fine so far.

I hope that doesn't mean rip memory card. Did something like that ever happen to anyone else?

I had to format my 64GB since it was acting up :/

A few games which were on the card for a long time had loading issues or crashed the system, so I rebuild database, which made half of my bubbles disappear. Then I checked the content manager and most data was shown under "Other" and saw that a lot of games showed the wrong size, only a few KB in some cases. Deleted the offending games, rebuild database again and things seemed to be mostly fine. Still decided to format just in case. Redownloaded about 10 GB of games (fuck games with a lot of DLC) again and it works fine so far.

I hope that doesn't mean rip memory card. Did something like that ever happen to anyone else?

Mine has been slowing down lately, as in taking longer to boot up than normal. Nothing too major but noticeable. Hope it's not a sign.

Top Bottom