• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Sorry to use this thread as my sounding board (I know I've done that before) but this situation with The Deer God is quite interesting. It seems like there's a patch on the way at least and the issue is to do with the game performing much better on dev hardware than actual hardware.

Interesting a guy from Crescent Moon is also doing damage control on reddit and had this to say:

hey guys - dev here. Sorry about the issues on Vita. Blowfish studios did the port and I'm afraid it didn't turn out too well. I'm having a talk with them tonight about what can be done to patch it. The one random terrain generation glitch (which doesn't have anything to do with the port itself) was never able to be resolved no matter what we did - so can't do much on that front. Will definitely be speaking with Blowfish tonight though about patching. Very sorry about this - we do want to bring other games to the Vita but not like this!

The Deer God wasn't our best reviewed game on any platform - that's for sure. I think the main reason we wanted to get the port made was that the game was already on other consoles. But we do want to support Vita and bring other games. So suffice to say we have some work to do.

I always wondered why they chose this one to port first. Not the best way to get on the platform with all guns blazing.

Oh well, I'll keep crossing my fingers for Morphite and Ravensword.

Sorry to use this thread as my sounding board (I know I've done that before) but this situation with The Deer God is quite interesting. It seems like there's a patch on the way at least and the issue is to do with the game performing much better on dev hardware than actual hardware.

Interesting a guy from Crescent Moon is also doing damage control on reddit and had this to say:

I always wondered why they chose this one to port first. Not the best way to get on the platform with all guns blazing.

Oh well, I'll keep crossing my fingers for Morphite and Ravensword.

"See we did a port like you all wanted and it didn't sell on the Vita. No point in doing anymore."

Also I did it funny they seem to have run into a similar situation as the Bastion porting studio did wherein the dev console didn't have the issues that the consumer one does. Maybe talk to those folks.

*sigh* It's sad how this console is going out (also the revisionist history that the Vita didn't try to do home console gaming on the go and the switch is truly the first).

I also wish Sony would make a follow up. Make it same dimensions as switch but spec wise compete with the portable switch mode, hopefully allowing for better battery life of the two. Hell sell an HDMI out dock that allows for extra controllers etc.

FDC1

The Deer God & The Legend of Dark Witch are up in Europe. Both are €9.99 with a 30% ps+ discount for The Deer God

i-Jest

Question, can Asian region games use their JPN counter parts DLC? Also is their an updated list of of which Asian region games have English Subtitles or the like?

Widge

Second hand Vita's are going for about £50 on ebay. Very tempted to dip back in to the platform and get a little physical collection going.

I feel like getting Drive Girls just because the print will probably be super limited as well

Ditto. Lumo had a decent run though.

OT: At first with that Spike-Chunsoft announcement I thought "bummer, that'll be an NISA pick-up and there will be no physical print" but actually Spike Chunsoft have gotten into localizing games themselves these days. I wonder if they'll grab that one for next year and maybe LRG could do a print of it.

Getting ahead of myself, I know.

jzbluz

Ditto. Lumo had a decent run though.

OT: At first with that Spike-Chunsoft announcement I thought "bummer, that'll be an NISA pick-up and there will be no physical print" but actually Spike Chunsoft have gotten into localizing games themselves these days. I wonder if they'll grab that one for next year and maybe LRG could do a print of it.

Getting ahead of myself, I know.

But NISA prints most of their games anyway.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gaijin4life/status/856644788141006849

Someone possibly bringing FM to the vita? Please, be true!

Personally, I would be surprised if Gaijinworks had heard anything.

I can say that there are interested parties and those parties are communicating :)

Day 1 if true. Dramatic Create also publishes otome and bl games, so if an English publisher manages to come to an agreement with them then maybe we can get an otome game not from Otomate (and that's not Ozmafia!!).

Saphirax

But NISA prints most of their games anyway.

Day 1 if true. Dramatic Create also publishes otome and bl games, so if an English publisher manages to come to an agreement with them then maybe we can get an otome game not from Otomate (and that's not Ozmafia!!).

Their otome games aren't that good. Ozmafia is a masterpiece compared to some of them.

jzbluz

According to Anihawk, we won't be getting any more PS4/Vita multiplat physical releases on Vita unless it's a really big IP (i.e. DanganRonpa/Ys).

That sucks. Is Demon Gaze considered a big IP?

Their otome games aren't that good. Ozmafia is a masterpiece compared to some of them.

I must have confused them with the other publisher who does otome ports, but they did publish Koezaru wa Akai Hana, which I've been wanting to play for years. Plus, I also want Taisho Mebiusline and Tokyo Onmyouji, although I can't see us getting bl for Vita.

On a related note, their parent company, Hunex, apparently localizes their own mobile otome games.

Probably not, but Demon Gaze is different as there isn't a PS4 version of that, so it might be getting a physical release. See: Tokyo Tattoo Girls - Vita/PC and getting a physical release on Vita. Versus Touhou anything, which is PS4/Vita and only physical on PS4.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Theoretically speaking, a Western publisher striking a deal with both HuneX and MangaGamer for Fata Morgana would open the door for OZMAFIA!! on Vita.

This is purely personal opinion, but I don't know that any of the other titles they've published besides A Clockwork Ley-Line would be viable releases, and who knows what Sekai Project is doing with that.

Three other mid-tier otome games with existing (and potentially licensable) English translations would be outside possibilities.

Personally speaking, I'd think it would be amazing if a publisher took a chance on a BL title, but I can't imagine that happening.

In any case, it's awesome to see a small but very enthusiastic Western fanbase that would continue to support Vita visual novels.

Being arguably one of the finest examples of the genre on any platform, The House in Fata Morgana Collected Edition is the prize of such a (theoretical!) deal, so please continue to retweet the Twitter petition! Only you can help make it happen :3

Saphirax

I must have confused them with the other publisher who does otome ports, but they did publish Koezaru wa Akai Hana, which I've been wanting to play for years. Plus, I also want Taisho Mebiusline and Tokyo Onmyouji, although I can't see us getting bl for Vita.

On a related note, their parent company, Hunex, apparently localizes their own mobile otome games.

If only we could get Taisho Mebiusline...

Don't think we'll be getting any BL games any time soon.

Were review codes sent out at all for The Caligula Effect?

Buying day one regardless, but would've been interested in reading some impressions.

joe2187

Banned
What the hell even is tattoo girls, is there any screens, footage, gameplay? It keep showing up on my Amazon recs but I know nothing about it.

I guess I'll be importing Drive Girls if we're not gonna get a US physical release.

Well, at least there's no major DLC right? So it could be worse.

at the time i said that, it was true. well, it's still true for 2018.

Yeah, I know. I doubted you on it at first but after the most recent wave of announcements - Operation Abyss/Tokyo Tattoo Girls physical and Touhou not.

The only real exception is God Wars, but I'm assuming they see some value in that IP in the west.

Cornbread78

I just wanted to point it out in here that I started Ar Nosurge the other day and the OST is amazing!

I didn't have time to go through everything from the original game, so I'm a little lost in all the references, but the game is pretty fun so far!

Takao

Banned
Probably not, but Demon Gaze is different as there isn't a PS4 version of that, so it might be getting a physical release. See: Tokyo Tattoo Girls - Vita/PC and getting a physical release on Vita. Versus Touhou anything, which is PS4/Vita and only physical on PS4.

tbh, some of those shouldn't be physical on any platform

Is Birthdays supposed to be bad?

Also I don't really get this, how does the game having a phys release impact you? Just don't buy it

It doesnt look appealing to me at all.

It isn't that. Takao said Some of them dont deserve to be physical. I said I'd rather have X game physcial than Y. X being something that isnt physical but id like resources into it than Y.

Not buying Y.

I'll definitely take it (because let's be honest, Yomawari did well enough here for us to get it), although I hope they expand more on lore in this one and don't expect you know Japanese folklore if you want to know the significance of many of the monsters you find. Like even just a journal that shows the enemy and gives some details on how it came to be (which is what the collectibles should have been for in the first game).

The real question will be, will we see it physically on Vita? Because I'm sure they feel like they can get away with selling the first game to people again, just like with Firefly Diary.

Shizuka

I'll definitely take it (because let's be honest, Yomawari did well enough here for us to get it), although I hope they expand more on lore in this one and don't expect you know Japanese folklore if you want to know the significance of many of the monsters you find. Like even just a journal that shows the enemy and gives some details on how it came to be (which is what the collectibles should have been for in the first game).

The real question will be, will we see it physically on Vita? Because I'm sure they feel like they can get away with selling the first game to people again, just like with Firefly Diary.

They'll bundle it with A Rose in the Twilight, of course.

They'll bundle it with A Rose in the Twilight, of course.

Of course, it only makes sense that they would bundle it with a game that has nothing to do with it, like they did with FD/Yomawari lol. It would make sense though, because RitT seems to have been a really low print run and it clearly didn't get enough marketing attention as the Steam numbers for it are abysmal (even the last 2 had 3-4 times that several weeks in).

Top Bottom