• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hmm... can't decide if I want to start Operation Abyss. I'm either going to play that, or Shadow Hearts Covenant on the PS2... but can't decide which I'm more in the mood for. Help!

*no idea if Operation Abyss is even that good.

Shizuka

Hmm... can't decide if I want to start Operation Abyss. I'm either going to play that, or Shadow Hearts Covenant on the PS2... but can't decide which I'm more in the mood for. Help!

*no idea if Operation Abyss is even that good.

Have you ever played a DRPG?

Takao

Banned
Facebook:
Hello everybody, today we have big news! Limited Editions of SUPERBEAT: XONiC™ will be available exclusively at PM Studios’ online store

https://superbeatxonic.ecwid.com/.

The preorders for Limited Editions will start on October 9, 2015
at 4PM (PST)!

We're going to have two Limited editions!

X-OTIC Collection (450 units available)
nNl3A25.jpg

- A copy of the SUPERBEAT: XONiC game
- an exclusive collectible Box,
- 2 Original Soundtrack Discs (57 tracks total),
- 2 LP records (4 sides with 57 tracks total) with an exclusive sleeve cover.

Price: $100.00 plus $15.00 S&H.
(Only available for United States, Canada and Mexico.)

X-CLUSIVE Collection (500 units available)
k3TyKls.jpg

- A copy of the SUPERBEAT: XONiC game
- 2 Original Soundtrack Discs (57 tracks total),

Price: $50 plus $8 S&H.
(Only available for United States, Canada, and Mexico.)

And we care about the one's who preordered in retail stores, Original Soundtrack will be available for $15 plus $5 S&H

You will be able to preorder too from our facebook page (Click on Products!

Please feel free to post your questions on the comments or via private message.

Nurijoy also released a how to play video earlier this week.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So, random question since this is more or less a Vita OT.

Are Vita games sold on PSN compressed? I remember this being an issue with PSP and PS3 games, which caused some audio issues in certain games (Ridge Racer PSP, the PSP GTA games) and other games apparently had worse textures as a result of the compression (Dead Space 2.) Curious if Sony's still compressing Vita games that they sell digitally, or if there's actually no difference between a download and the cart.

Shizuka

So, random question since this is more or less a Vita OT.

Are Vita games sold on PSN compressed? I remember this being an issue with PSP and PS3 games, which caused some audio issues in certain games (Ridge Racer PSP, the PSP GTA games) and other games apparently had worse textures as a result of the compression (Dead Space 2.) Curious if Sony's still compressing Vita games that they sell digitally, or if there's actually no difference between a download and the cart.

No compression that I know of.

God damn it, I would happily pay for the Superbeat Xonic LE with the records, but they won't ship to Europe for god knows what reason. I bet the EU version ends up being nowhere near as good. ¬_¬

Shizuka

Vita collectors, watch out! Muv-Luv Kickstarter has now offered a physical copy of the Vita version at the $80 tier and the collector's box with the Vita version for $150. For those unaware, it's a visual novel trilogy considered one of the best visual novels series in Japan.

They're still selling the $60 tier with digital copies of the Vita version for those not interested in physical copies. You can find more info and order your Vita copy here.

How is Super Monkey Ball on Vita? Not really interested in the mini games, just feeling an itch to play some SMB. :)

I hated it. Aesthetically it was rubbish, and the minigames were terrible (in particular Monkey Target, which is a damn shame).

That said, the actual base game is okay, so if you're only after that - for the prices it's going for lately it should be alright

I hated it. Aesthetically it was rubbish, and the minigames were terrible (in particular Monkey Target, which is a damn shame).

That said, the actual base game is okay, so if you're only after that - for the prices it's going for lately it should be alright

Sounds fair. for $10 I think I'll bite. :)

I enjoyed playing online multi player with a friend, it was surprisingly solid I thought. Aesthetically I can't really comment though I did like that it was native res @ 60FPS, very smooth indeed. Hard as heck though!

Vita collectors, watch out! Muv-Luv Kickstarter has now offered a physical copy of the Vita version at the $80 tier and the collector's box with the Vita version for $150. For those unaware, it's a visual novel trilogy considered one of the best visual novels series in Japan.

They're still selling the $60 tier with digital copies of the Vita version for those not interested in physical copies. You can find more info and order your Vita copy here.

Nice. I suppose physical copies are for backers only ? Can't really afford $80 on games right now :s

Redhood

Is this the only way to get the physical copy?

Welp. Time for a new Vita. I got hit by a car riding into work this morning, and my vita didn't survive the accident.

Going to buy a new one on Amazon: Any reason to go with one version over the other (BL2 bundle vs standalone). Any advantages to an older firmware?

redcrayon

Welp. Time for a new Vita. I got hit by a car riding into work this morning, and my vita didn't survive the accident.

Going to buy a new one on Amazon: Any reason to go with one version over the other (BL2 bundle vs standalone). Any advantages to an older firmware?
I love that replacing the Vita is your top priority! :) Are you OK?

The BL2 bundle actually has a memory card with it and then you could sell off the code for $10 or so. Guess it just depends on if you value an 8gb card at $6 when you look at the price difference between them.

I love that replacing the Vita is your top priority! :) Are you OK?

Yea. Just some bruises and scrapes. Luckily the Vita was literally the only thing that got broken. :)

The BL2 bundle actually has a memory card with it and then you could sell off the code for $10 or so. Guess it just depends on if you value an 8gb card at $6 when you look at the price difference between them.

True. :)

@Wreck

are you okay man?

i have two oleds

was considering getting a slim so that i could use the l2/r2 cover

still that oled is nice

what did you have before?

as for firmware unless your dev/hacking the vita current is fine for firmware

Marz

Was your vita wearing a seatbelt?

I found FFX-X2 for 10 dollars second hand with the X2 code unused and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair for 30 dollars.

This was in a rural Australian EB Games.

I am happy.

redcrayon

No familiar with 'Limited Run Games' - drop me a mail. Nick[at]Digeratidistribution[dot]com
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1121596

You could check out this thread too: they seem particularly interested in PSV/PS4 releases due to Sony only needing relatively small print runs.

This post contains the gist of it:

Limited Run Games finances the entire print run and oversees the production from start to finish. The developer does not have to deal with getting packaging approved and they do not need to deal with product ordering. We also warehouse inventory and fulfill it when customers order. In addition, we will market their game to our customer base. This takes all the financial risk (and most of the work) off of their shoulders. In the end, once we've gotten back what we spent on production, we take the same revenue split as Steam or any other digital distribution platform. That's nothing for the amount of risk we assume and the amount of work we undertake in producing and fulfilling the game.

We're trying hard to make doing physical releases a no-brainer because we honestly just want more games to exist to be held, owned, and cherished.

I'm really excited about Slain! on Vita, your pixel art is beautiful.

Platinum trophy? Price? Interested in making a limited physical print with a company like Limited Run Games? Sold!

Hold on Shizuka! In my opinion we should ask for limited physical copies for games that are already out, with no more DLC planned and completely patched and updated so we get to keep the complete version and have it for preservation with all the content in its integrity.

The games looks awesome tho, Dark Souls vibes and all, but it comes out until march of next year.
I also don't want to go bankrupt if Limited Run Games kicks off with all our wishlist games xD

Top Bottom