• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Update: Confirmed for PS3/PC] Rumor - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Releasing on PC

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I bought this off Amazon for like 8 bucks a few years ago. Pretty fun game. Wonder why they are bringing this out now? Sequel in the works?

If Namco wants to bring other stuff to PC they should start with TTT2 or Naruto. Both fun games that I'd like to put in my arcade cab some day.

Grief.exe

I know they aren't abandoning Windows, but Gabe's been pretty open about not liking the direction it seems to be headed. The only way Linux could possibly become a viable threat for gaming would be if a company like Valve throws its weight behind it, and that's actually happening.

The ultimate goal for that move is eventual OGL/ARM support, Linux is really just a stepping stone for Valve at this point.

I bought this off Amazon for like 8 bucks a few years ago. Pretty fun game. Wonder why they are bringing this out now? Sequel in the works?

If Namco wants to bring other stuff to PC they should start with TTT2 or Naruto. Both fun games that I'd like to put in my arcade cab some day.

Naruto is realesing very soon actually. Popped up in the registry a while ago and actually has a Steam store page set up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234670/

Grief.exe

It's safe to say that if you enjoyed PoP 2008 and DmC, then Enslaved is well worth your time.

I've actually never played the Prince of Persia series! I've always wanted to pick it up on a Steam sale and try it out.

Thankfully, Ubisoft doesn't tie their older titles to Uplay.

Really liked the story and characters from watching the walkthrough awhile ago and Jim Sterling liked it (I usually agree with him on everything). I'll pick this up on Steam immediately to support Ninja Theory games that aren't written by Tameem.

I've actually never played the Prince of Persia series! I've always wanted to pick it up on a Steam sale and try it out.

Thankfully, Ubisoft doesn't tie their older titles to Uplay.

Pop 2008 was explicitly their testbed for DRM free releases, IIRC it had zero on the retail disc (in response to like Chaos Theory and their various games that had terrible DRM on the retail disc). Then they released one of thr most intensely DRM'd titles that PC had seen, AC2.

ScribbleD

I'm always down to double dip when previously console exclusive games get ported to PC, and Enslaved is well worth buying twice.

Grief.exe

Pop 2008 was explicitly their testbed for DRM free releases, IIRC it had zero on the retail disc (in response to like Chaos Theory and their various games that had terrible DRM on the retail disc). Then they released one of thr most intensely DRM'd titles that PC had seen, AC2.

I'll never forget my reaction to that DRM.

I hate forced Uplay integration, but Starforce and Securom are almost as bad.

Kuro

Beat the game a couple years ago. It was bad. Only redeeming things about it was the voice acting, character interaction, and art direction. The combat was horribad and the platforming was about the same as Uncharted but with more jank.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It was a very fun game to go through one time. It very much is an experience. Great acting and, while not mechanically amazing, some really nice boos fights and moments.

I loved the way the opening level unfolded. Basically, the demo made me buy it. I got distracted and never beat it, but a PC release would cause me to double dip. Probably not right away, but definitely sub $5.

Grief.exe

I loved the way the opening level unfolded. Basically, the demo made me buy it. I got distracted and never beat it, but a PC release would cause me to double dip. Probably not right away, but definitely sub $5.

Absolutely loved it, great graphics, great story and will double dip when it comes to PC. If only to get some 60fps @ 2.5k goodness.

And we wonder why publishers are willing to release on console first, then come to PC ;)

Grief.exe

This is pretty funny

http://www.pcgamesn.com/enslaved-odyssey-west-looks-be-coming-pc

ibxv4r19CMVvgv.png

If it's has good gameplay, I'll bite.

It's only so-so in the gameplay department, but if you enjoyed exploring rapture in Bioshock you should love exploring Enslaved's world. The levels are more linear than in Bioshock but it felt similar to me.

Also, what makes this release premium?

Thank god for Japanese publishers and developers beginning to see the appeal of Steam. Hopefully we get more titles from Japan before too long.

Will buy Enslaved soon.

Grief.exe

It's only so-so in the gameplay department, but if you enjoyed exploring rapture in Bioshock you should love exploring Enslaved's world. The levels are more linear than in Bioshock but it felt similar to me.

Also, what makes this release premium?

I'm playing through Bioshock 2 right now, so that comparison is quite relevant!

My guess is the premium edition will include all of the DLC.

Thank god for Japanese publishers and developers beginning to see the appeal of Steam. Hopefully we get more titles from Japan before too long.

Will buy Enslaved soon.

I really appreciate Namco and Konami jumping all in lately. I'm looking forward to more publishers doing the same.

feel

Nice. I remember being really engrossed by it and beating it at a time where I wasn't really feeling like beating videogames. Will buy on a Steam sale to replay, should look really good with high resolutions/framerates/antialiasing.

Grief.exe

Nice. I remember being really engrossed by it and beating it at a time where I wasn't really feeling like beating videogames. Will buy on a Steam sale to replay, should look really good with high resolutions/framerates/antialiasing.

I'm sure the game will be all over the screenshot thread when it is eventually released. Game does have some gorgeous backdrops.

Grief.exe

Top Bottom