• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update: Google caves, admits that the FFXV save bug is a Stadia issue not a Square Enix issue, working on a fix. Destiny 2 to be free indefinitely.

Chris from Google and the Stadia Team has finally come out to acknowledge the Final Fantasy XV save bug on Stadia, promising to address it. So far, the fix is already in the works.

Final Fantasy XV — A number of users are reporting issues pertaining to saved games not working properly on Final Fantasy XV. The team is aware of it and we’re working on a fix.

Final-Fantasy-XV.jpg

Looks like Google couldn't pass the blame, they likely didn't want to risk losing one of the few publishers they had. So in this case, and likely many others, this whole controversy was Google's fault the entire time, which does nothing to help Stadias already toxic image,. Wow, this has got to be the worst launch in gaming history, and by a major tech giant? What the hell is going on over at Google?

BTW, according to the image it seems that Google is going to make Destiny 2 free indefinitely, so I'm guessing they are really desperate in trying to salvage this disaster.

Murdoch

Absolutely furious with Google. I only returned Stadia founders because I wasn't going to subscribe and didn't want to repurchase Destiny.

What a farce :-/

cucuchu

Stadia is like watching a ridiculously large train wrecking right in front of you but you KNOW for a fact that everyone on board will walk away without a scratch on them , so its enthralling in watching the metal crumple, the glass break and things fly every where.

Side note (kinda) but is it really that bad? The Stadia subreddit must be tightly curated because if you go by that, people seem to generally enjoy it. Not defending it, I canceled my preorder a while ago, but realistically I don't know that I'd go for the extreme of calling it a train wreck just yet. If it fetters out like a fart in the wind within a year, then yeah but I don't see any reason to believe its a complete failure at this point.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

Side note (kinda) but is it really that bad? The Stadia subreddit must be tightly curated because if you go by that, people seem to generally enjoy it. Not defending it, I canceled my preorder a while ago, but realistically I don't know that I'd go for the extreme of calling it a train wreck just yet. If it fetters out like a fart in the wind within a year, then yeah but I don't see any reason to believe its a complete failure at this point.
It seems to be getting worse , so just like the train wreck it's hard to gauge how bad it's going to be at first but as the force of the impact travels down the length of the train and more and more cars get derailed the whole picture comes into to focus .

From all the scandals from the past of deleted comments and shills paid to down vote negative comments and sh*t like that on reddit I would never take that as a way to gauge satisfaction or lack their of . Thats just me being skeptical

Vawn

Banned
Its unbelievable that their platform was fucking up saves and they tried to lay it on the devs.

They've already thrown devs under the bus before this. After they promised that all games would be playable at 4k/60FPS, they basically said, 'well they should be, but the devs can't figure it out'. Basically, calling devs, such as Rockstar, incompetent.

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
Whats really interesting about this .. is the developer has zero interest or investment in the platform .. Google obviously said we will make it work and take all responsibility for making the game work on the platform. So when they had a bug its there issue to fix ..

If devs dont want to develop for the platform and see little investment opportunities in it .. that is really bad news for google.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Im just waiting on the outrage from people who gave google free money after they shut this thing down and they own no games.

You're pretty much Google's Guinea pigs for however long they decide to hold up this failing experiment.

RScrewed

They've already thrown devs under the bus before this. After they promised that all games would be playable at 4k/60FPS, they basically said, 'well they should be, but the devs can't figure it out'. Basically, calling devs, such as Rockstar, incompetent.

I really like the picture this paints. The Director or Program Manager of Stadia who likely had no experience in the video game industry but had a good track record of making projects profitable assumed software developers would bend-over-backwards to get their code running on Google hardware and would rewrite their game rendering to dial down details dynamically to hit 4k60fps or in this case, rewrite their save logic so it works nicely in this shoe-horned cloud execution evironment.

Hope this provides Google execs a bit of hubris, no one is gonna kiss your asses. They keep trying to break into new arenas and fail because at some crucial point as they're banking on how recognizeable their name is to allow them to get special treatment. Probably reminds you of a friend you know, that friend is Google.

The games have been designed and coded and tested already. If they wanted a glitch free experience, they should invest in making games from the ground up exclusively to Stadia. They should be looking for indie devs. Giving an indie game shop $1m to finance their dream game would get so much motivation for an amazing game at a very little price to Google. They could have stumbled onto the next Tetris.

Instead they have such a hardon from seeing Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo's names that they wanna immediately break into a market that's already so saturated Nintendo changed their philosophy 15 years ago about what kind of software it wants to compete with.

Take your ambitions down a notch, Google leadership. And maybe employ leaders with good vision and creativity to be unique, rather than those who rub themselves at night overflowing the satisfaction that they work at Google.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Absolutely furious with Google. I only returned Stadia founders because I wasn't going to subscribe and didn't want to repurchase Destiny.

What a farce :-/

Considering it "feels like lan" and without any input lag I'd say it's well worth it!

Ar¢tos

Whats really interesting about this .. is the developer has zero interest or investment in the platform .. Google obviously said we will make it work and take all responsibility for making the game work on the platform. So when they had a bug its there issue to fix ..

If devs dont want to develop for the platform and see little investment opportunities in it .. that is really bad news for google.

I doubt Square had any profit from the 8 sales of FFXV on Stadia. :pie_roffles:

mitch1971

Think of all those game devs now rushing to get on stadia, so they can be told their programming is incompitant.

semicool

Banned
Considering it "feels like lan" and without any input lag I'd say it's well worth it!
What? (It feels terrible in regards to latency, not to mention the "vaseline" quality appearance in motion every 25 seconds or so)(Tried on Fiber btw; 100 up/down symmetrical)

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
What? (It feels terrible in regards to latency, not to mention the "vaseline" quality appearance in motion every 25 seconds or so)(Tried on Fiber btw; 100 up/down symmetrical)

Don't ask me:

I'd consider myself an 'enthusiast' despite jettisoning pc gaming when I became a father 9 years ago. I do own ps4 slim, Xbox one X and the switch though.

Last week I added Stadia to my current ownership after dabbling with Onlive, Geforce now, PsNow and Xcloud beta I was expecting similar levels of performance.

I was wrong

Stadia is in a different category when it comes to latency in response times to the DC's. To be fair I have 380mb broadband with Google WiFi and Stadia prioritisation enabled.

Destiny is a better 'feeling' game than both console versions, with double the frame rates, 1/4 of the loading times, higher FOV and more importantly none of the laggy player BS in crucible and Gambit

That last point is the biggest and most unexpected revelation. The game feels like playing on a LAN when playing online. The difference between destiny on Xbox one X and Xbox 360 is insignificant compared to Stadia.

The biggest thing lacking is the tiny launch catalogue but the fundamental technology works.

I've not watched this but I've got Google WiFi on a 380mb circuit and my experience has been fantastic. Destiny on a desktop PC has zero perceptible mouse input latency.

🤮

Grinchy

Banned
Imagine wasting your money not only on Stadia, but then another $40 on this turd of a game, and then it doesn't even work :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fuz

Banned
Subreddits are the fanboys kingdom.

Not just for stadia, I follow a few and don't you dare have the smallest argumented critique against the game or you get downvoted to hell. While any stupid senseless praise is upvoted to heaven.

Last edited:
Top Bottom