• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UPS surepost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with this?

I placed an order and chose ground since it was shipping from within a couple hundred miles of me. Got shipping confirmation only to see it was "ups surepost". Never heard of it so obvi I googled it. It's all complaints about the USPS doing a garbage job.

goodcow

UPS SurePost is the UPS equivalent of FedEx SmartPost, where UPS/FedEx handle the package via ground services until they hand it off to the USPS for final delivery.

As to whether or not the USPS will do a "garbage job," I personally never have an issue with the USPS. I have a PO Box and have 300+ parcels sent there a year (mostly from Amazon), and they've never lost a single parcel.

I suppose it depends on your specific area though. But people like to pile on the USPS because I don't know... government?

But people like to pile on the USPS because I don't know... government?

Some letter carriers do a piss poor job. I've had my neighbor's packages put in my mailbox, and some of my own in theirs. I bought a small Christmas gift for my wife that I had to re-buy because my carrier put it in the wrong mailbox and the person was out of town for the holidays.

I have a package arriving today via SurePost. I hate that service (along with SmartPost). It takes them twice as long to deliver a package because it has to go to the post office first before going to your house. You can't really track the package once it gets to the post office and I've had parcels sit there for a couple days without movement. The only upside is that I've had a couple packages get delivered on a Saturday since the post office works on Saturdays.

I have a package arriving today via SurePost. I hate that service (along with SmartPost). It takes them twice as long to deliver a package because it has to go to the post office first before going to your house. You can't really track the package once it gets to the post office and I've had parcels sit there for a couple days without movement. The only upside is that I've had a couple packages get delivered on a Saturday since the post office works on Saturdays.

Yeah this is what I was worried about. They seem to not care as much about these packages.

goodcow

All USPS parcels have full tracking now. This is a SurePost package from GoHastings set to be delivered to me today:

Out for Delivery NEW YORK, NY 10022 August 13, 2013 8:43 am
Sorting Complete NEW YORK, NY 10022 August 13, 2013 8:33 am
Arrival at Post Office NEW YORK, NY 10022 August 13, 2013 2:55 am
Electronic Shipping Info Received August 12, 2013

All USPS parcels have full tracking now. This is a SurePost package from GoHastings set to be delivered to me today:

Out for Delivery NEW YORK, NY 10022 August 13, 2013 8:43 am
Sorting Complete NEW YORK, NY 10022 August 13, 2013 8:33 am
Arrival at Post Office NEW YORK, NY 10022 August 13, 2013 2:55 am
Electronic Shipping Info Received August 12, 2013

Ah, I see. I have to take the UPS tracking number and then enter it into the USPS website. That's interesting...

Tek

every experience I ever had with these services have been poor. The bad thing is using Amazon Prime, I never have a choice or idea how they will ship my package, I tend to notice the lower the weight the more chance it will go via SmartPost....good luck :(

sangreal

FYI, I hadn't noticed this before but it reminded me of this thread -- you can pay UPS $3.50 to upgrade a surepost package to ground delivery through ups mychoice

I got my package on time, but the box was in bad shape. Don't know if that's on UPS and USPS so can't really blame either. THey were shoes so no damage either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom