• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Urban Tracks' update for DRIVECLUB released

BeeDog

Seems the patch (v1.28) containing the DRIVECLUB VR-exclusive urban-themed tracks has been released for the original game:

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/793025569277505536

The Urban Tracks update for #DRIVECLUB rolls out today, bringing tracks from #DRIVECLUBVR to the standard edition. Update now & get racing

Patch size seems to be 5.9 GB. Don't have any further information about the type of tracks or the amount of new content. Any DRIVECLUB VR owner, feel free to pitch in!

EDIT: Patch detail screenshot courtesy of panda-zebra:

20161031120705kiucd.jpg

Too bad. I was hoping they'd combine this with a barebones Pro patch.

Not to sound ungrateful, by the way. This is a fantastic show of support.

Do we know who is developing this stuff following the closure of Evolution?

I think it's ex-Evo guys freelancing or some shit. Rushy worked on it, at least.

pswii60

"a dedicated team comprised of Evolution Studios veterans, several of which now are also members of the WWS Immersive Technology Group"

Interesting. Great to see it's being kept alive and shows Sony's commitment to the IP. Although no idea who would develop the sequel.

gogogow

Too bad. I was hoping they'd combine this with a barebones Pro patch.

Not to sound ungrateful, by the way. This is a fantastic show of support.

I think it's ex-Evo guys freelancing or some shit. Rushy worked on it, at least.
Just found out Rushy's first job in the gaming industry was working for Codemasters and now he's back.

Does that mean the game will never receive a PRO patch? It's a bit strange they worked so long on all these tracks only to stop before making a PRO patch. :(

I cant wait to jump back into this game when my pro comes in. Its a really solid racer and I love the event progression, and the gorgeous look of it.

Farewell indeed. Hoping I can check the tracks out tomorrow.

One of those instances where voting with my wallet certainly didn't work. Bought everything at full price and here we are.

tusken77

Well that's sad. I bought the game at launch and later the season pass. I did my best Evolution.

Me too. Still in my top 3 games of the generation. A game so good, I bought it twice. Physical copy at launch. Then the digital version because I needed it on the XMB at all times because I was playing it so much. Then the season pass with all its incredible content.

DCVR will obviously be my first game purchase when I get my headset.

Bought the last two car DLC (which you can earn in game) and a pack of fame boosters as thanks for the prolonged support for this magnificent game.

Yeah the Farewell thing looks pretty final ;)

Time & money say no

Does that mean the game will never receive a PRO patch? It's a bit strange they worked so long on all these tracks only to stop before making a PRO patch. :(

Yes it is getting a Pro patch whether this is just for VR or not we don't know as Rushy wasn't specific

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/780421653012570112?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

We haven't harnessed the full power of the PS4 Pro, but there will be a few more visual details enabled.

v1lla21

Farewell Evo, can't wait to play your next game under codemasters:')

I don't care about trophies but when heard the sad news, I decided to platinum the game as a thank you for your tremendous support when it came to fixing the game and all the great dlc that came after release. DriveClub will forever stay as my top racing game this gen. Thank you :)

What is the way to get all the content? game + season pass?

Game + Season Pass + 2 smaller expansions (No Limits & Finish Line) I think it was.

Bikes is also standalone if you wanted that.

Holy shit.

DC on the Pro is gonna be pure bliss~~~

Remember though that this was in relation to a VR question, so we know that's a given, as for vanilla DC we've not heard anything about that unfortunately.

jobrro

Yes it is getting a Pro patch whether this is just for VR or not we don't know as Rushy wasn't specific

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/780421653012570112?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

From the wording it feels like just the VR version due to many visual effects from the regular version being disabled in the VR version. The VR version could probably use a resolution bump, but I feel the game doesn't look as bad as some people say on original PS4. Some people talk about it like it is PS1 graphics or something. Would still very much welcome even just a resolution bump on the original, but won't hold my breath.

The game had a rocky launch with online stuff being down but post launch support and added content has been phenomenal. Add in an amazing season pass and this title was fantastic value. Even at launch it wasn't that bad, services were down but it didn't stop you from playing.

Top Bottom