• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

[US] August 2011 Boxart Thread

Kifimbo

Jun 9, 2004
Late again. Blame summer.

THIS THREAD IS FOR US BOXARTS REVEALED IN JULY/AUGUST 2011 - NOT FOR GAMES RELEASED IN AUGUST!! US ONLY.

Some boxart might be old (posted in other threads for example) or not final.

Many small ones this month.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
Playstation peripherals have a 18% YOY increase, sparking consumer demand in the Sharp Shooter

lol.

Ninja Scooter

Jun 7, 2004
JAWS would be a cool concept for a game if they basically made it a survival horror game set out in the endless ocean, with you trying to hunt the giant shark. Instead it will probably let you play as Jaws and eat shit.

Luthos

Sep 18, 2009
Kingdoms of Amalur already has a box art? I thought it was gonna be like a mid-2012 title. Then again, I've never paid attention how to soon box arts are made before a release.

But still, I'm really looking forward to this game. I hope it gets some attention, because it looks pretty damn good so far.

Feb 22, 2010

This art is amazing! So intense!
I like to think that he's actually using force power to pull the knife into his hand

Even more so in this thread because that Ridge Racer box art is pretty dull. I think that if I keep staring at it though, I'll have an Warhol moment and start thinking that it's brilliant!

Cptkrush

May 10, 2011
Tampa Bay
Didn't even know they were making a Puss in Boots movie, let alone a game for it. Faith in humanity dipping even further.
Also, didn't they try the Jaws thing a couple years ago and fail miserably?
Ninja Scooter said:
JAWS would be a cool concept for a game if they basically made it a survival horror game set out in the endless ocean, with you trying to hunt the giant shark. Instead it will probably let you play as Jaws and eat shit.
Only way I will ever accept a Jaws game after reading.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
I'm totally glad Jerry Rice is getting his own football game
wait a minute...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sep 6, 2007
Queens, NY
MYE said:
Who the fuck buys those Cabela games?

Trophy + Achievement Whores, luckily I haven't succumbed to the lure of super easy plats, I mean I have some questionable platinums like Disney games...but hey I <3 UP so enjoyed the game too

Stumpokapow said:
Who the fuck buys truck nutz (erm, maybe nsfw if you work in an abbey or something)?

$15...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Chrome $40...Good Lord

AceBandage

Banned
Mar 22, 2007
thebeeks said:
Why Stimpy? I can kind of understand the inclusion of Zim because it's a more recent show, but do the kids who buy this game even know who Ren & Stimpy are?

I more question the inclusion of Aang.
I mean, holy crap, he'd break baseball so badly.