• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US, Canada, and UK say they have intelligence that Iran shot down Ukraine jet.

KingGhidorah

Jul 28, 2019
wow if true!!

RIP. So sad for the victims and their families

This is what happened when we killed your terrorist top general, you tried to safe face and shot some fireworks at our troops and mistakenly hit innocent passenger plane, what dumbfuck terrorists

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014

Trump : "It was flying through a pretty rough neighborhood, and somebody could have made a mistake"

Fucking madman. He actually said that.

😂😆:pie_roffles:

Last edited:

KingGhidorah

Jul 28, 2019

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
So sad for the families, and I really do hope this was the result of some kind of malfunction and Iran being fucking idiots to not stop civilian air traffic immediately before launching missiles.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Iran has no excuse. Trudeau says Canada will investigate.

If it turns out that they shot down a civilian airplane in a panic during their own surprise attack against another country... well... some people do some things sometimes. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Iran has no excuse. Trudeau says Canada will investigate.

If it turns out that they shot down a civilian airplane in a panic during their own surprise attack against another country... well... some people do some things sometimes. 🤷‍♀️
I think at this point it has already turned out that they shot down a civilian airplane. The evidence is overwhelming. Video evidence exists, and the US wouldn't just make the claim that they have satellite evidence of two missiles launching and impacting the aircraft. We are past the point of pure speculation.

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Pallas

HoodWinked

Jun 30, 2010
Earth
Trump stays winning, this is closer to a de-escalation than anything Iran just pissed off its own people with this fuck up but also, canadians, swedes, british, and ukraine.

no wonder they wanted to keep the black boxes they're trying to buy time to try to frantically come up with how they can possibly spin this.

maybe we should let them develop nuclear weapons so they can blow themselves up on accident.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014

DV27

Jun 14, 2010
Trudeau at a press conference basically saying they firmly believe it was a SAM strike. He is furious.

Iran's response, and their actions with the flight recorders - will be telling here.

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
This is just unbelievable behavior. I mean if they just admitted the mistake people would have just moved on. But by trying to cover this up, Iran has completely destroyed what little credibility they have left in the world community,

Maiden Voyage

Sep 5, 2014
USA
Iran really fucked up here. Also, there is no feasible way someone could blame Trump for this unless he is found to have personally authorized the missile strike on behalf of Iran.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
Iran really fucked up here. Also, there is no feasible way someone could blame Trump for this unless he is found to have personally authorized the missile strike on behalf of Iran.
A very real scenario that I heard earlier. Iran intentionally shot down the plane because it intended for the US to respond. They then could blame it on the US and Trump being unhinged.

But of course the US never responded to the "attacks" so now they're fucked.

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
NYT is now claiming that the video I posted earlier has been verified.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: pramod
Jun 9, 2004
usa
haiti.kreyol.com

Trump : "It was flying through a pretty rough neighborhood, and somebody could have made a mistake"

Fucking madman. He actually said that.

😂😆:pie_roffles:
welp, he is being pretty nice about it. No Americans on the plane so I guess this is how it should be for him.

Kinda shocked our tin foil hat theory made it main stream. I was expecting months before someone said it.

CNN was staying away from calling it out, 'looks like a normal crash'

Jul 6, 2015
Does anyone actually believe it just happened to go down on its own? What are the chances that a plane crashes? 1 in 11 million. What are the odds a plane crashes at the exact same time Iran launches an attack at US bases? 1 in 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I expect that Trump's recent callout for Britain, Germany, Russia, etc to impose harsh sanctions on Iran will not be resisted quite as easily when Iranian maniacs are shooting down innocent civilian planes.

Reactions: Oner

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
I wonder if this is one of the reasons Trump decided not to strike back. I mean why bother to try to own your opponent when they have already self-owned themselves so badly.

Last edited:

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
No one is going to want to take revenge for this, they might demand an investigation but kinda doubt Iran will give access.
If Iran don’t allow investigations and don’t take responsibility if found guilty then things will go sour quickly between them and the nations whose civilians were on that flight.

Reactions: pramod

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
welp, he is being pretty nice about it. No Americans on the plane so I guess this is how it should be for him.

Kinda shocked our tin foil hat theory made it main stream. I was expecting months before someone said it.

CNN was staying away from calling it out, 'looks like a normal crash'
This was never a tinfoil hat theory. This has happened many times and I can't understand for the life of me why a commercial plane was allowed to operate when tension was so high.

This was a huge fuckup all around. A preventable tragedy.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
usa
haiti.kreyol.com
If Iran don’t allow investigations and don’t take responsibility if found guilty then things will go sour quickly between them and the nations whose civilians were on that flight.
I agree they should take respomsibility but the first thing they did was try a cover up while everyone was thinking and seeing a missile strike on phone vids.

Jun 9, 2004
usa
haiti.kreyol.com
This was never a tinfoil hat theory. This has happened many times and I can't understand for the life of me why a commercial plane was allowed to operate when tension was so high.

This was a huge fuckup all around. A preventable tragedy.

In the old missile attack on the bases thread the responses I we got was doubt when some of us started taking Al Hadath early reports seriously. Folks said they wanted to wait until a less Iran hating source like this could be all made up by Al Hadath so here we are, it was not made up.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Iran initially left out the spoiler alert. “The plane experienced a mechanical failure...
after our AA missile hit it

• LOL
Reactions: Shaqazooloo