• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US December NPD: COD #1, Halo #2, Pokemon #3

Dr Bass

I'm surprised Nintendo Switch is still doing so well. They can't be stopped
We've already got a thread on this, but why are you surprised? Nintendo makes the most fun games. A little fact important about the games industry that is constantly ignored by a whole lotta people on this board.

Xbox 1st party games at #1 and #2 -- j/k I know the deal isn't done yet. :pie_roffles:

It is impressive Halo at #2 since it was FREE* on Game Pass.
I agree. Congrats to MS on that one for sure. I think the sales include PC right? But I wouldn't be surprised if it was bolstered by the volume of sales of the Series S as well. I think that system continues to prove to be such a smart move. Provide a cheaper solution to those who just want to have fun with games and don't care about the best graphics. I think to the average gamer the differences are going to be almost unnoticeable, but that 200 bucks saved feels like real cash in the pocket. This is one move I think Sony would be really smart to copy. A PS5 lite or something. But they won't.

Last edited:
If MS purchase EA next then it will well and truly be dark days for everyone else. They'd pretty much have the top 10 highest selling games in the market on lockdown.

daclynk

Technically Xbox didn't outsell anything because you have take the actual number and divide it by 2 duhhhh.....
so much wrong with the statement.
bue i thought Gaf told me it will crash after the true next gen come out. hmmmm

GymWolf

Xbox 1st party games at #1 and #2 -- j/k I know the deal isn't done yet. :pie_roffles:

People prefer to pay the game on steam than playing on that steaming pile of shit that is microsoft windows store.

NahaNago

Halo charting is shocking to me. I wasn't expecting that game at all on the charts honestly. I would have figured that game would have been the reason tons of folks just straight up got gamepass.

Deerock71

Love the vote of confidence. Always downplaying Microsoft's success, these guys.
They're prbably not quite so confident today. I'd say Series S' won't be staying on shelves despite plentiful stock at this point, along with Game Pass subscription cards.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
COD is number 1
41do24.png

Fbh

Halo charting is shocking to me. I wasn't expecting that game at all on the charts honestly. I would have figured that game would have been the reason tons of folks just straight up got gamepass.

That's actually something many people were missing yesterday when I saw tons of calculations of how many years of gamepass it would require to turn a profit on the Activision purchase. A game doesn't sell zero units just because it's on Gamepass. Halo is nr 2 in December, Forza was nr 3 in November (still top 15 in December). Big popular franchises still sell well despite being on Gamepass.

Top Bottom