US funding for Palestinian security services set to end today

Feb 21, 2018
US funding for Palestinian security services set to end today

The US funding and training program for the PA’s security services is set to end at midnight on Thursday, as diplomats and politicians scrambled to find a way to mitigate the impact on West Bank stability.

The 14-year-old US Security Coordinator (USSC) mission, and the $61 million it provides annually, is perceived to be the cornerstone to an effective Palestinian Authority security service. Coordinated PA and IDF security activity, which has withstood diplomatic crisis and terrorism waves, is touted as a stabilizing factor in the often volatile West Bank.

It is feared that the loss of the program could harm those ties and the effectiveness of the Palestinian security forces in general.

A PA official said Thursday that security coordination between the Palestinians and Israel will not be immediately affected by the ending of the US aid, including its security services in the West Bank.

“I don’t believe this will impact the security coordination in the short term,” the official told The Jerusalem Post. “But who knows what will happen in the coming weeks and months.”

The Trump administration has withdrawn most of its financial assistance to the PA, but always intended to continue financing its security services.

The Anti-Terrorism Clarification Act, however, has made such an option impossible.

The legislation, which passed unanimously by the House and Senate last year, comes into force on Friday, leaving the PA open to lawsuits if it accepts US funds.

The PA has said it will forgo receiving US financial aid, including the $61m. Washington provides in security assistance to the Palestinians.
Lt.-Col. (res.) Alon Eviatar said that at first glance, he did not believe the loss of the funding and the USSC mission would be that significant.

Eviatar was a past adviser on Palestinian affairs for the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories.

He said he believed that alternative funding could be found from donor countries, such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. The bulk of the US funding had gone to training, and the day-to-day activities were less likely to be affected, he said.

The Palestinian security services will still be able to carry out their essential duties, including arrests and maintaining order, Eviatar said. They will also be able to operate against Hamas in the West Bank.

PA President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday renewed his criticism of the US administration and said it has disqualified itself from acting as a mediator between the Palestinians and Israel.
So essentially due to a new law Palestinians know that at some point they will be sued since its probably impossible for them to stop murder of Jews. So rather risk getting sued into oblivion they just won't accept any more money from the US.

Just remember that this all started with Taylor Force and his horrible murder.

Sketdan

Neo Member
Jan 30, 2019
Brazil
How much money is the hijacked US government sending every year to the Israeli regime?

Money that is being used to invade, occupy, ethnically cleanse and rape other peoples lands.
Don't talk only about Israel. The US government, for some reason, has sent millions for several countries for decades. Honestly, I believe that not a single dollar, from american taxpayers, should be used in other countries.

Having said that, this decision, by the US government, is good. If the US shouldn't spend money in other countries, I would also say that shouldn't spend money in places like Palestine, that are not even real countries.

Feb 21, 2018
How much money is the hijacked US government sending every year to the Israeli regime?

Money that is being used to invade, occupy, ethnically cleanse and rape other peoples lands.
LOL, rape, ethnically cleanse? Stop reading fake news my man.

Why don't you follow what your Quran and Allah says ?

Qur'an 17:104 : And We said unto the Children of Israel after him: Dwell in the land; but when the promise of the Hereafter (wa3’dul akhirati) cometh to pass We shall bring you as a crowd gathered out of various nations.
Qur'an 17:4 : And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the Scripture: Ye verily will experience corruption (exile) in the earth twice, but Ye will then after (thumma) ascend (ta’lunna) to a great height (or station).
O Children of Israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your covenant with Me as I fulfil My Covenant with you, and fear none but Me. [Qur'an, sura 2:40]
O Children of Israel! call to mind the special favour which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all others nations (for My Message).[Qur'an, sura 2:122]
And thereafter We said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell in the land. When the promise of the Everlasting Life comes We shall bring you all together.

“O my people (the Jews)! Enter the Holy Land, which God has assigned unto you”, (Quran: 5:21)
=

Why you gotta go against Allah and his commands.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
LOL, rape, ethnically cleanse? Stop reading fake news my man.
Typical comment from an Israeli/pro-Israeli. Having studied Arab-Israeli conflict history as I do, the one thing that is so apparent is the amazing deceit of the Israeli side. Everything is bent and twisted. From history to current events. And their deceits are shouted to the world incessantly until all believe them, even the deceivers themselves. It's incredible. In every statement from Israelis there is some kind of deceit...either in fact, in direction, in content, in delivery, in context. There is a mastery of deceit that is apparent. Awesome lying skills.

The ethnic cleansing of both Palestine and Syrias Golan Heights is well documented. The forcible removal of Palestinians and Syrians from their lands and the demolition of their towns and villages to dust.

The rape and economic exploitation of the lands can be seen today by anyone with eyes and a functional brain.

Why don't you follow what your Quran and Allah says
=

Why you gotta go against Allah and his commands.
The Children of Israel the Quran or the Bible speaks of have no connection to today's converted Khazars (Ashkenazis) who are pretending to be real Jews.

Jul 11, 2018
The Children of Israel the Quran or the Bible speaks of have no connection to today's converted Khazars (Ashkenazis) who are pretending to be real Jews.
First of all, if Ashkenazim are not Jews in your eyes, it does not matter as Israel's Jewish population is mostly Sephardim and Mizrachim, who consider Ashkenazim as real Jews.

Second of all, does DNA proof mean nothing to you? I have a hunch it doesn't. Though in case it needs to be said and proclaimed for the thousandth time for all the world to hear ASHKENAZIM AND SEPHARDIM ARE GENETICALLY MUCH CLOSER TO EACH OTHER THAN THEY ARE THEIR LOCAL NATIONS. That means on average, a Jew from Russia and a Jew from Iraq are closer to each other genetically than the Jew from Russia is to Russians and the Jew from Iraq is to Iraqis.

Not good enough for you? Then don't engage in the discussion because you're just an adult child plugging his ears, yelling "nanananana", while waving his conspiracy theories about. You're flat out wrong.

Feb 21, 2018
Typical comment from an Israeli/pro-Israeli. Having studied Arab-Israeli conflict history as I do, the one thing that is so apparent is the amazing deceit of the Israeli side. Everything is bent and twisted. From history to current events. And their deceits are shouted to the world incessantly until all believe them, even the deceivers themselves. It's incredible. In every statement from Israelis there is some kind of deceit...either in fact, in direction, in content, in delivery, in context. There is a mastery of deceit that is apparent. Awesome lying skills.

The ethnic cleansing of both Palestine and Syrias Golan Heights is well documented. The forcible removal of Palestinians and Syrians from their lands and the demolition of their towns and villages to dust.

The rape and economic exploitation of the lands can be seen today by anyone with eyes and a functional brain.

Go crawl back under your antisemetic hole you came from. Allah will be very upset with you for disparaging his favored children and for denying his words.

The most ironic thing is you talk about deciet and lies but you have bought the Palestinian lies full force. Stop reading Electronicintifada.com and actually use your brain.

But there is no point in engaging with someone who spouts antisemitic and disproven Khazar theory.

Nov 2, 2017
While I am sure there's a discussion on historical accuracies or inaccuracies, please don't generalize an entire demographic of people. Next time will result in a removal from the community.
First of all, if Ashkenazim are not Jews in your eyes, it does not matter as Israel's Jewish population is mostly Sephardim and Mizrachim, who consider Ashkenazim as real Jews.

Second of all, does DNA proof mean nothing to you? I have a hunch it doesn't. Though in case it needs to be said and proclaimed for the thousandth time for all the world to hear ASHKENAZIM AND SEPHARDIM ARE GENETICALLY MUCH CLOSER TO EACH OTHER THAN THEY ARE THEIR LOCAL NATIONS. That means on average, a Jew from Russia and a Jew from Iraq are closer to each other genetically than the Jew from Russia is to Russians and the Jew from Iraq is to Iraqis.

Not good enough for you? Then don't engage in the discussion because you're just an adult child plugging his ears, yelling "nanananana", while waving his conspiracy theories about. You're flat out wrong.
It was the Ashkenazi Khazars that pushed for and created the illegal Israeli colony.

Did you even read my last post?

The Khazars are notorious liars, deceits and twisters of facts. DNA tests and studies are mostly carried out by the Khazars themselves. If you have an agenda to push you can get a DNA study to say pretty much anything you want.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Go crawl back under your antisemetic hole you came from. Allah will be very upset with you for disparaging his favored children and for denying his words.

The most ironic thing is you talk about deciet and lies but you have bought the Palestinian lies full force. Stop reading Electronicintifada.com and actually use your brain.

But there is no point in engaging with someone who spouts antisemitic and disproven Khazar theory.
LOL "anti semite" :D ... that's train never late when you have the Khazar in a corner.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018
People still arguing about Arab vs Israeli conflict?

I'll give you some clues:

1) one side has integrated Arabs within their society and gives them jobs and aims for equal treatment

2) one side supports terrorist organizations that fire missiles from residential areas hoping for a retaliatory attack

3) one side is armed to the teeth and despite numerous suicide bombings has not retaliated in a way that any other Nation would (imagine if it was US, China or Russia)

4) one side hides fighters in ambulances and ambushes the other side when they least expect it

5) one side uses suicide bombings in dense areas, often targeting children/families, and sometimes using children as bombers

6) one side has televised and radio propaganda about how terrible the other side is, indoctrinating children at a young age with hate

7) one side has a special micky mouse mascot ripoff whose entire purpose is to spread hate about the other side

8) one side has tried numerous times to strike a peace deal, while the other side is mainly responsible for initiating violence

9) one side encroaches on territory that is somewhat disputed, but that they have won in wars (that would have otherwise eliminated them) and have tried to compromise by partially relinquishing

You can try to figure out who is who, it's not hard.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
LOL "anti semite" :D ... that's train never late when you have the Khazar in a corner.
If I said all blacks were notorious liars and thieves and aren't real blacks but a bunch of tanned guys pretending to be black it would be conisdered hella racist.

Anyone advocating the discredited and stupid Khazar theory is clearly antisemetic.

Go back and read your Quran and listen to Allah and what he says about the children of Israel and fulfill his wishes by helping the Jews to continue to return to their home. Why you think the Arabs keep losing to the Jews? Its because its Allah's will. Allah protects his favoured children of Israel and curses those that oppose them.

Jun 20, 2018
invade, occupy, ethnically cleanse and rape other peoples lands.
Weird this is how most of Christianity disappeared from the middle east, now the middle east is almost christianrein and it certainly wasnt done by "muh evil US" or "muh israel" but by insane islamist politicans and
the radical garbage that followed them.

Last edited:
May 1, 2012
Weird this is how most of Christianity disappeared from the middle east, now the middle east is almost christianrein and it certainly wasnt done by "muh evil US" or "muh israel" but by insane islamist politicans and
the radical garbage that followed them.
Be careful, Muslims will say:
1. "invade, occupy, ethnically cleanse and rape " was referencing "land" and not people!
2. All land in Middle East belongs to Muslims!
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nov 2, 2017
People still arguing about Arab vs Israeli conflict?

I'll give you some clues:

1) one side has integrated Arabs within their society and gives them jobs and aims for equal treatment

2) one side supports terrorist organizations that fire missiles from residential areas hoping for a retaliatory attack

3) one side is armed to the teeth and despite numerous suicide bombings has not retaliated in a way that any other Nation would (imagine if it was US, China or Russia)

4) one side hides fighters in ambulances and ambushes the other side when they least expect it

5) one side uses suicide bombings in dense areas, often targeting children/families, and sometimes using children as bombers

6) one side has televised and radio propaganda about how terrible the other side is, indoctrinating children at a young age with hate

7) one side has a special micky mouse mascot ripoff whose entire purpose is to spread hate about the other side

8) one side has tried numerous times to strike a peace deal, while the other side is mainly responsible for initiating violence

9) one side encroaches on territory that is somewhat disputed, but that they have won in wars (that would have otherwise eliminated them) and have tried to compromise by partially relinquishing

You can try to figure out who is who, it's not hard.

1) One side lobbied the British to give them land areas in Mandate Palestine that didn't belong to them, and therefor started this entire conflict.

2) One side occupied the complete land of Palestine and ethnically cleansed the area from its original inhabitants

3) One side occupied the Syrian Golan Heights and ethnically cleansed the area from its original inhabitants

4) One side has hijacked the United States and its politicians making the US taxpayers send billions of dollars and weaponry every year to fund its war crimes and occupation

5) One side has hijacked the US educational system making them remove the word "occupation" from their school books.

6) One side attacked the USS Liberty in 1967 killing 34 Americans in an attempt to frame Arab nations

7) One side has so powerful lobbying groups in Washington that no US politician dares to stand up to them.

8) One side provides weapons and medical care to ISIS and Al Qaeda in Syria.

9) One side has hijacked the United States and its politicians to such an extent that the US carries out its wars for them, pulls out of international agreements for them and protects them at the UN security council with vetos.

10) One side harvested organs from dead Palestinians without their family's consent.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
1) One side lobbied the British to give them land areas in Mandate Palestine that didn't belong to them, and therefor started this entire conflict.

2) One side occupied the complete land of Palestine and ethnically cleansed the area from its original inhabitants

3) One side occupied the Syrian Golan Heights and ethnically cleansed the area from its original inhabitants

4) One side has hijacked the United States and its politicians making the US taxpayers send billions of dollars and weaponry every year to fund its war crimes and occupation

5) One side has hijacked the US educational system making them remove the word "occupation" from their school books.

6) One side attacked the USS Liberty in 1967 killing 34 Americans in an attempt to frame Arab nations

7) One side has so powerful lobbying groups in Washington that no US politician dares to stand up to them.

8) One side provides weapons and medical care to ISIS and Al Qaeda in Syria.

9) One side has hijacked the United States and its politicians to such an extent that the US carries out its wars for them, pulls out of international agreements for them and protects them at the UN security council with vetos.

10) One side harvested organs from dead Palestinians without their family's consent.
Still defying Allah with your lies. Allah isn't going to be happy with you disparging his favourd people. The children of Israel have returned home as Allah has commanded. Go re read your Quran and please Allah.

Oct 26, 2018
Anyone have an idea how much money the US spends every year for other countries to pay for donations, military help (includes payouts and paying for all the overseas US military costs), etc....

I'll guess at least $100 billion per year.

May 20, 2007
Anyone have an idea how much money the US spends every year for other countries to pay for donations, military help (includes payouts and paying for all the overseas US military costs), etc....

I'll guess at least $100 billion per year.
It's almost as if the priorities of politicians lie outside of their constituents.

Feb 21, 2018
Keep in mind the vast majority of the aid given to Israel has to be spend in the USA. So these "aid" is essentially going back into the American economy creating jobs. Israel also repays back its loans from the US and has never defaulted. Along with the aid comes exchange of technology. US-Israel relationship has brough many positive advancements.

Compare to what the US has spent on Egypt/Jordan/Iraq/Afghanistan. What did Trump say last night 700 Trillion fighting wars. And what has it got the US? None of those coutries are as pro-American as Israel. Surely not the same technological advancements. The only American's dying in Israel are those killed by Palestinians like Taylor Force. How many thousands killed in Iraq and Afghanistan? What happens if the MB or some other Islamists takes over Egypt? What USA gives Israel is a drop in the bucket what they spend elsewhere, and the ROI is on par with places like Japan or South Korea.

Mar 12, 2014
It's time to end all support for the Palestinians for their own good. Every penny given to them just allows their extremist rulers to keep perpetuating the myth that they are destined to wipe Israel off the map. Once they turn on the nuts running their government and are ready for peace we can go back in and help them modernize their country and make it better for all of their people, not just the loons who are getting rich off the blood of the commoners.

May 20, 2007
Keep in mind the vast majority of the aid given to Israel has to be spend in the USA. So these "aid" is essentially going back into the American economy creating jobs. Israel also repays back its loans from the US and has never defaulted. Along with the aid comes exchange of technology. US-Israel relationship has brough many positive advancements.

Compare to what the US has spent on Egypt/Jordan/Iraq/Afghanistan. What did Trump say last night 700 Trillion fighting wars. And what has it got the US? None of those coutries are as pro-American as Israel. Surely not the same technological advancements. The only American's dying in Israel are those killed by Palestinians like Taylor Force. How many thousands killed in Iraq and Afghanistan? What happens if the MB or some other Islamists takes over Egypt? What USA gives Israel is a drop in the bucket what they spend elsewhere, and the ROI is on par with places like Japan or South Korea.
I would be ultra supportive of the US if they gave me lots of money. I'd even spend it in the US.

How lucky the US is to have Israel as an ally.

Feb 21, 2018
It's time to end all support for the Palestinians for their own good. Every penny given to them just allows their extremist rulers to keep perpetuating the myth that they are destined to wipe Israel off the map. Once they turn on the nuts running their government and are ready for peace we can go back in and help them modernize their country and make it better for all of their people, not just the loons who are getting rich off the blood of the commoners.
Pretty much whats happening. If Trump gets a second term its game over for Abbas and his PA. Trump has stopped funding UNWRA. Within a few years it will be dead. EU+Arab countries are not going to throw 100's of millions at it, when most of the refugees are citizens of Jordan or live in what they call "Palestine". PA just refused all US aid due to a new law that allows the PA to be sued for terrorism. So PA would rather not have money from the US then ask their people to stop killing Jews.

When there is no more money for the PA its dead. The illegal dictator Abbas will be running to Tunisia soon with the rest of his PA terrorist buddies.

Feb 21, 2018
I would be ultra supportive of the US if they gave me lots of money. I'd even spend it in the US.

How lucky the US is to have Israel as an ally.
US Aid is 1% of the US budget, and Israel aid only represents less than 8% of that budget. in 2013 99% of that aid was millitary aid which gets spent back in the US or leads to technological advancements for the US military.

Compare that to Afghanistan where more than 50% of the aid is economic assistance. Jordan its about 70%. Egypt is only 22% so not bad.

And BTW in 2013 between egypt/afganhistan/Jordan/West Bank+Gaza 8.3 Billion, Israel 2.9 billion. Do you really think spending more than double on those four is better value than Israel?

Palestinians got 1 billion in US aid(in 2013), and that has lead to mulitple dead Americans including Taylor Force and a PA that boycotts Trumps admin and wished his house would burn down and called a US ambassador a dog.

May 20, 2007
US Aid is 1% of the US budget, and Israel aid only represents less than 8% of that budget. in 2013 99% of that aid was millitary aid which gets spent back in the US or leads to technological advancements for the US military.

Compare that to Afghanistan where more than 50% of the aid is economic assistance. Jordan its about 70%. Egypt is only 22% so not bad.

And BTW in 2013 between egypt/afganhistan/Jordan/West Bank+Gaza 8.3 Billion, Israel 2.9 billion. Do you really think spending more than double on those four is better value than Israel?

Palestinians got 1 billion in US aid(in 2013), and that has lead to mulitple dead Americans including Taylor Force and a PA that boycotts Trumps admin and wished his house would burn down and called a US ambassador a dog.
A better... value? I do not quite know what you mean by this, but as far as I can figure it feels like a bit of a false dichotomy and I ain't down for that shit.

I do know that the money would be greatly appreciated rebuilding some crumbling infrastructure within the states.

Feb 21, 2018
A better... value? I do not quite know what you mean by this, but as far as I can figure it feels like a bit of a false dichotomy and I ain't down for that shit.

I do know that the money would be greatly appreciated rebuilding some crumbling infrastructure within the states.
I am sure that all of the 50 billion the US gives could maybe find a better use, but the US decides to give lots of money to many countries. Considiring its only 1% of the US budget I think the money can be found elsewhere (thats for total US aid not just Israel.)

The non military aid to Israel is accounts for .006% of the aid given to Israel. approx 75% of that military aid is spend back in the US so it might as well be that the money never even left the US.

In addition, for the first time, the U.S. defense budget for FY2019 included a provision for cooperation with Israel in countering unmanned aerial systems. Specifically, the two countries will identify the capability gaps that exist, identify cooperative projects that would address the gaps, assess the costs of the research and development, and assess the costs of procuring and fielding the capabilities developed.
In addition, under the terms of the new MOU, the Administration pledges to request $500 million in annual combined funding for joint U.S.-Israeli missile defense programs such as Iron Dome, Arrow II and Arrow III, and David’s Sling. Previous MOUs did not include missile defense funding. Finally, as part of the new MOU, it has been reported that Israel pledged to reimburse the U.S. government if Israel receives more congressional assistance for FMF or missile defense in the last years of the current MOU (2017-2018)
Maybe you don't see value in missle defense technology?

But hey if you don't want to give any money to anyone then fine, just cancel all US aid to every single country.

You know what could stop US aid to Israel? If the Arab countries and Iran stopped trying to destroy Israel so it doesn't have to have one of the best militaries in the world. If Israel didn't need to have a military ready to defend itself then 99% of the aid is not needed since 99% of it is military aid.

So if you want to save a few shekels work on getting the muslim world to stop hating Jews and Israel. Also get them to stop being so violent and being involved in pretty much every conflict on the planet right now so Israel doesn't feel like its exsistance is being threatened at every turn.

May 20, 2007
If your argument comes down to fuck muslims I guess we're at an impasse, especially when said religion is being antagonized by the Israeli govt to guarantee the continued support.

Fun conversation til we got on the racism train tho.

Feb 21, 2018
If your argument comes down to fuck muslims I guess we're at an impasse, especially when said religion is being antagonized by the Israeli govt to guarantee the continued support.

Fun conversation til we got on the racism train tho.
Never said F muslims.

Muslims are involved in practically every conflict around the globe. Syria is killing muslims on its own. Iran killed 500K Iraqi muslims in the 80's. Saudi is killing muslims in Yemen, dropping bombs on school buses. From the Philipines to Russia to the EU Muslims terrorist are setting off bombs and shooting people up.

You don't want to give Israel military aid, then get rid of the reason it needs that aid. Funny enough the US pays Egypt and Jordan close to 3 billion dollars to essentially not attack Israel. It would probably cost you a lot more to get all those arab countries to not want to attack Israel then just giving it the aid.

But hey its too much to ask that the Arab countries and Iran don't want to destroy Israel. Asking them to have peace, diplomatic relations and recognition is a bridge too far I guess.

Complaining about giving aid to Israel, but then not wanting to do anything about the root of the problem and why the US gives that much military aid to Israel.

May 1, 2012
Money that is given (99.9% of it) is only given through FMF (Foreign Military Financing). I.e. it must be spent to purchase military equipment in USA.
Therefore techincally it's USA financing their own military. But I see what you did here.

May 20, 2007
Never said F muslims.

Muslims are involved in practically every conflict around the globe. Syria is killing muslims on its own. Iran killed 500K Iraqi muslims in the 80's. Saudi is killing muslims in Yemen, dropping bombs on school buses. From the Philipines to Russia to the EU Muslims terrorist are setting off bombs and shooting people up.

You don't want to give Israel military aid, then get rid of the reason it needs that aid. Funny enough the US pays Egypt and Jordan close to 3 billion dollars to essentially not attack Israel. It would probably cost you a lot more to get all those arab countries to not want to attack Israel then just giving it the aid.

But hey its too much to ask that the Arab countries and Iran don't want to destroy Israel. Asking them to have peace, diplomatic relations and recognition is a bridge too far I guess.

Complaining about giving aid to Israel, but then not wanting to do anything about the root of the problem and why the US gives that much military aid to Israel.
Ok, my mistake, you just want to get rid of Muslims. I will admit I am not knowledgeable enough to debate the ethics of ... whatever it is called when one intends to wipe out all of a people.

Feb 21, 2018
Ok, my mistake, you just want to get rid of Muslims. I will admit I am not knowledgeable enough to debate the ethics of ... whatever it is called when one intends to wipe out all of a people.
Stop putting words in my mouth, I didn't say get rid of muslims, I said have muslims and Arab countries stop doing war and terrorisim and make peace with Israel.

If these countries were peaceful and had normal relations then there would be no need for so much military spending in Israel. I mean we have Malysia that gave up the parlympics instead of letting Israeli Jews in their country FFS. And Malysia has no borders with Israel, isn't even in the ME and Israel never attacked or fought Malysia.

No muslims need to die, more mulsims are killed by muslims then non-muslims. If they became peaceful people that would save way more muslim lives then non muslim lives.

You get the Arab and Muslim world to stop hating Israel and threatening it by being peaceful non antisemitic countries and then Israel doesn't need to spend billions on its defense. So stop putting words in my mouth and actually read what I wrote.

Feb 21, 2018
I won't make another thread just bump this one.

PA cuts salaries to hundreds of Palestinians in Gaza

Palestinian factions and families on Thursday accused the PA of cutting salaries of hundreds of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

However, a Palestinian Authority official in Ramallah said the payments were being withheld due to a “technical fault,” but did not elaborate. The official denied that the delay was related to PA President Mahmoud Abbas’s sanctions on Gaza.

A group representing families of Palestinian security prisoners and others who were killed by the IDF while carrying out attacks against Israel condemned the move as a “cowardly stab in the back of the Palestinian revolution.”

It said the PA has cut salaries to thousands of families in the Gaza Strip and said it would “not allow this crime to pass without a response.”

Another Gaza-based group, the Prisoners Committee, said the PA government in Ramallah has cut salaries of hundreds of families of “martyrs, prisoners and ex-prisoners, as well as employees working in various fields.”

The move, it said, is a “huge crime against the homeland and the Palestinian citizens.”

On Thursday, some Palestinian families staged a protest outside Abbas’s residence in Gaza City.

Daoud Shehab, spokesman for Islamic Jihad, said during the protest that the PA’s move was directed not only against its political rivals, but also against “the entire Palestinian people, their struggle and their cause of national liberation.” He and other protesters claimed that cutting the salaries of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip was part of a “conspiracy” to force the residents of the Hamas-ruled coastal enclave to surrender.

Sources in the Strip claimed that more than 1,700 Palestinians have been affected by the PA’s alleged move. The figure includes dozens of former PA and Fatah members, they said.

Sufyan Abu Zaidah, a senior Fatah official in the Gaza Strip, said on Thursday that the PA has stopped paying him his monthly pension. He said he was planning to take legal measures against the PA for halting his pension. Abu Zaidah also appealed to Palestinian and international human rights organizations to intervene with the PA to rescind its punitive measures against the Gaza Strip.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri condemned the PA’s punitive measures as a “crime against humanity.”‭‮
Abbas siege on Gaza continues.