• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US government is going to send every household $1k+ in the next two weeks

raduque

I'll be getting it, but my gf wont. She hasn't filed taxes in like 5 years, so I've got one ugly mess to unfuck when she finally gets all her paperwork for me.

fKxbDAV.jpg
I have structured job but Corona took my job away and I need cash now! Call JG Wentworth. 877 cash now!

Enjay

Banned
Guaranteed the amount of lines appointments and hoops you'll have to go through just to see if you're qualified for this will make it not worth it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
She doesn't make enough money to file. There's gonna be all sorts of fines to pay to catch her up.
The IRS doesn't care. Even if you make dick/or a mistake you have to report your earnings. They are fuckers.

raduque

The IRS doesn't care. Even if you make dick/or a mistake you have to report your earnings. They are fuckers.
She reports her earnings and pays her withholdings, she just hasn't bothered to file the 1040 forms. I sincerely doubt she's underpaying as she doesn't make enough to meet the threshold for paying paying taxes, the IRS is basically just getting free money from her.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
She reports her earnings and pays her withholdings, she just hasn't bothered to file the 1040 forms. I sincerely doubt she's underpaying as she doesn't make enough to meet the threshold for paying paying taxes, the IRS is basically just getting free money from her.
She doesn't owe the IRS but she's owed some little money back. (I'm not sure what it was years ago but if you make less than 12k you don't have to file)

Are the people who THINK trump is literally Hitler, going to turn down this donation? Or are they going to accept this blood money, even though he has killed thousands of trans people?

Will resetera, the biggest hypocrite in the known universe, accept this money?

GamingKaiju

I have about $600 or so taken out by the federal government per paycheck. If they did the payroll tax cut that Trump proposed, it would give me that $600 per paycheck. Seeing as I'm paid twice per month - that's an extra $1200 per month that I could have in my pocket. We're in March so if we assume the rest of the year - that's an extra $10800 in my pocket.

Dude.... Dude your name and are perfect ❤️ +1000 Gaf respec points

My city is in a complete fucking lockdown and things are getting worse (I posted about it in the Coronavirus thread).

I'm really hoping they make exceptions on getting that relief. It's bs not to help those who didn't file taxes because they make so very little money.

This is insane.

TheContact

I actually don’t think I’m going to get much or anything at all. My wife and I made well over 100k combined last year and this seems to cut off at 75k.

Mihos

Gold Member
Do you know how long that process takes?

It takes like 5 minutes right now. All the bullshit requirements have been waived including the requirement to show your actively looking for work.

No one in my household qualifies for the Trump money. Which is fine, give it to people who really need it.

Last edited:
Looks like the current form of the stimulus is:

*Gives $1200 to all people who had tax liabilities in 2018 and made <$75,000
*The $1200 phases out to $0 between $75,000 and $100,000
*People without tax liabilities will get at least $600, potentially more depending on circumstances
*Having kids results in $500 per kid

All in all, pretty fair. I think the phase out range is a tad low (I would move it up similar to the Roth IRA income limit range, as that defines the upper limit of the middle class imo) but initially everyone wanted just a cut-off in the $50k-$60k income range which would screw over the middle class who have debt outside of subsistence costs. Those debts (mortgages, starting business loans, savings investment into fledgling businesses, etc.) are just as crucial to keep static during this time as subsistence costs, as no one will be susbsisting if they go belly up. All levels of the middle class need to be kept in stasis.

Last edited:
. If you dont pay taxes you either are a minor and dont need the money because school is your only priority, or you're an adult who needs to get the fuck out of the country or get a legit job and pay taxes like everyone else.
There are people who are retired and getting social security. There are waiters and people with part time job that may not make enough. There are also young people who just started working this year and might have even lost their job, obviously not filing last year.

Last edited:
There are people who are retired and getting social security. There are waiters and people with part time job that may not make enough. There are also young people who just started working this year and might have even lost their job, obviously not filing last year.
I don't file or pay because I make A LOT less than 5k a year.

The person I care for is disabled and elderly and lives on social security and doesn't file either.

So now neither of us will get Trump bux as a result.

Edit: my notifications said you quoted me but I guess it was deleted.

Last edited:
I don't file or pay because I make A LOT less than 5k a year.

The person I care for is disabled and elderly and lives on social security and doesn't file either.

So now neither of us will get Trump bux as a result.

Edit: my notifications said you quoted me but I guess it was deleted.
sorry, I was going to say that according to a poster above it seems like those without tax liabilities are getting at least 600$. But don't know source, or if true.

Looks like the current form of the stimulus is:

*Gives $1200 to all people who had tax liabilities in 2018 and made <$75,000
*The $1200 phases out to $0 between $75,000 and $100,000
*People without tax liabilities will get at least $600, potentially more depending on circumstances
*Having kids results in $500 per kid

All in all, pretty fair. I think the phase out range is a tad low (I would move it up similar to the Roth IRA income limit range, as that defines the upper limit of the middle class imo) but initially everyone wanted just a cut-off in the $50k-$60k income range which would screw over the middle class who have debt outside of subsistence costs. Those debts (mortgages, starting business loans, savings investment into fledgling businesses, etc.) are just as crucial to keep static during this time as subsistence costs, as no one will be susbsisting if they go belly up. All levels of the middle class need to be kept in stasis.

Is that 75k household?

Top Bottom