• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US government is going to send every household $1k+ in the next two weeks

Why would that make you a retard? Wasn't the stimulus check supposed to stimulate the economy?

Daddy Trump wanted you to buy that shit.
I know. I guess retard was a bit much. I would say I felt a bit foolish, as I should have balanced the money better between spending on necessities like keeping up on bills and spending $500+ on a monitor.

But boy howdy I did indeed do my part in stimulating the economy. I will not deny that.

Karmic Raze

Still haven’t got my check. I tried looking on that site, but it says my info isn’t matching the records or whatever.

I know. I guess retard was a bit much. I would say I felt a bit foolish, as I should have balanced the money better between spending on necessities like keeping up on bills and spending $500+ on a monitor.

But boy howdy I did indeed do my part in stimulating the economy. I will not deny that.
I already spent $500 after getting my check last Wednesday and I feel dumb af.

Grinchy

Banned
With all the talk of opening things back up, I'd be surprised by a 2nd round. It would be a pleasant surprise, though. Maybe even go lower on the incomes if they didn't want to send as much cash.

With all the talk of opening things back up, I'd be surprised by a 2nd round. It would be a pleasant surprise, though. Maybe even go lower on the incomes if they didn't want to send as much cash.
Agreed.

Somebody making 75k a year and still employed really doesn't need an extra $1200 for a month.

However certain cities/states like mine are still locked down. We may not see the lifeblood of our economy open until at least June.

From the looks of it there won't be another stimulus but rather a payroll tax cut for those working.

Last edited:

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I can feel it. It’s coming.

Na.
We're opening up to insure that no more payments are made to the people. Many thinking that Lyndsay Graham might have been right when he tried to hold up the first bill to prevent people from making more on unemployment.
States really need the money this time. Money needs to be put aside for this, and it needs to be handled in a non political way.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Na.
We're opening up to insure that no more payments are made to the people. Many thinking that Lyndsay Graham might have been right when he tried to hold up the first bill to prevent people from making more on unemployment.
States really need the money this time. Money needs to be put aside for this, and it needs to be handled in a non political way.

The whole country isn't open yet... And with the recent spikes in new cases in the states that HAVE opened up... It seems we might have to stay on a staggered opening for the next couple of months.

The whole country isn't open yet... And with the recent spikes in new cases in the states that HAVE opened up... It seems we might have to stay on a staggered opening for the next couple of months.
Apparently the House is not in session until next week so I guess we won't know until later this month.

I doubt Trump wants to hand out more money and just open shit back up.

People like Sisolak keeping our shit closed until June 15th going to hurt REAL bad so I dunno what will happen.

Maybe more stims for certain states like us? Doubt it.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
So the bank rejected my $2900 deposit because only I signed it and it has both my wife and my names on it. Thankfully I still have it so it’s just resubmitting it via my phone, and it’s not like I’m in need of the money, but that’s obnoxious.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I think a 2nd round of stimulus would be helpful to most people, equal or less than the previous amount. Just because things are opening back up doesn't mean the floodgates of cash are open. The idea of the stimulus is to keep people spending, keep people's heads above water with their bills, grant people some cash to stash some canned goods, etc.

Imagine if you get kicked out of your home due to unpaid mortgage, forcing you to break quarantine/lockdown. lol

Definitely "not a good look", as they say, so everyone is trying to eke out an existence while things limp along. Doing so will help prevent a far worse homelessness/starvation panic.

I think a 2nd round of stimulus would be helpful to most people, equal or less than the previous amount. Just because things are opening back up doesn't mean the floodgates of cash are open. The idea of the stimulus is to keep people spending, keep people's heads above water with their bills, grant people some cash to stash some canned goods, etc.

Imagine if you get kicked out of your home due to unpaid mortgage, forcing you to break quarantine/lockdown. lol

Definitely "not a good look", as they say, so everyone is trying to eke out an existence while things limp along. Doing so will help prevent a far worse homelessness/starvation panic.

I work for a tech company that's cutting salaries by 25%, and every employee has to take one week of unpaid leave every month until September. This was the alternative to mass layoffs. Another round of stimulus, even if it happens, won't cover the amount lost. But it would help out a lot.

Grinchy

Banned

I'm personally hoping for a round 2. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but for whatever reason, my gut just doesn't think it's happening.

BigBooper

I guess it's a toss up. The states that are staying quarantined are mostly Dem, but Trump's appeal can cross party lines.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm personally hoping for a round 2. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but for whatever reason, my gut just doesn't think it's happening.

It's an election year, which means it will likely happen.

I'm betting we ultimately see a Round 2 equal to the first payment and a payroll tax deduction for certain people, likely lower income or people with children.

bRacing

Banned
They’ll budge when their idiotic decision to reopen backfires. Regardless, its A good way to ensure they lose the senate and WH.

jYMyNQ1.jpg

Top Bottom