• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN: Best of E3 Sale + Spend $100 Get $15 Back Promotion

No real difference in textures and character models?
As Dandy Crocodile said, it's essentially the same game rendered at a lower resolution and performing a tad worse.
It's not really a looker but it does the job visually. Story/character wise, it's a bit of a slow start but it becomes interesting fairly quickly and the last few hours of the game are incredible. If you've played Trails in the Sky, the shared world makes things even better.

There's also cross-saving between versions if that's your thing.

Will pre-order South Park to get the free copy of the first game and also the Destiny expansion. Then get the new Trials game to put me over the 100 dollar mark. I love these deals.

another warning for people that have saves for Shadow of Mordor vanilla and want to get the GoTY edition, the save files are not compatible

DOWN

Banned
Still no Mad Max on sale.

I guess I'll preorder Deus Ex and The Last Guardian

Next time they do this deal maybe I'll do Battlefield 1 and Skyrim or FFXV

Finally pulled the trigger on D3 -- this will be my first Diablo experience. Some of my friends have pumped insane hours into this thing, so I hope I enjoy it. :)

You will love it! It's jam packed with content. But beware of playing online with strangers, there are a lot of hacked items online.

In addition to lego marvel on vita, how is child of light? That's an RPG right?

Child of Light is awesome. If you like old school turn based RPGs. Plays similar to an old Final Fantasy or the South Park rpg.
It's pretty simplistic and it's not really "epic", it's more of a storybook fantasy.

OCD Guy

Okay I'm just using my US account to get these, you can do that right ?

Yes and it may be worth seeing here (while you can) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233320&highlight=
especially if you're in the UK. You've got just over an hour and you can add more than one in your basket, it's not like the $10 promotion that was popular with neogaf members and it was limited to 1 card per account.

I've added $150 dollars to my account

How about Shadow of Mordor DLCs? Are they worth it? That's a really good price for GOTY Edition.

I had a lot of fun with the game. I think it's worth it, I never got into the DLC but if you like the combat of the Batman Arkham games I think you'll like this. Or if you enjoy the LOTR games then this is a fun game to jump into the universe.

Shadows of Mordor or Dragon Age?

Dragon Age is a really long rpg. If youve played a Dragon Age game this is very similar.
It's kind of the same deal as Fallout 4 - more of the same.
So if you're expecting anything else id avoid it.
I think this is the best DA game for what that's worth, but I like that formula.

Fbh

Did Fallout ever get a decent update on Ps4?
I remember being turned off at launch by videos of terrible framerate on Ps4 (drops to low 20 or worse when there was smoke and drops to mid 20's during heavy action scenes)

Also, is MKX still active online?

I hear this a lot, but I really think it's better than the first one. Infamous 2 was certainly the most fun. SS is also just so damn pretty.

While you say pretty I see it as flat, unoriginal an not very artistic. Have you been back to it recently, I hate the way it looks today.

Fist game has more climb mechanics and level areas that are designed around that. I love those more linear focused levels and they look really cool. Second son stripped all that out for a cookie cutter box simulator. I love Infamous 1, feels more contextual in its game design for level based game play.

That's how I see it and feel it when I play either of them

squall211

I watched someone play it on Twitch when it first came out. I watched for about 20 minutes and was bored out of my mind. I'm probably going to bite at $3.99 though.

I thought the battle system for OQ was pretty fun, but it's really really hard to overlook the story and characters in that game. There's nothing interesting about either. Also if I remember correctly there is a pretty horrible difficulty spike in the last couple of chapters.

Top Bottom