• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US PSN] Black Friday Early Access Sale - Live Now for PS+ Subscribers

Bleh, those games are pretty much $29.99 across the board with the retailers( I think Gamestop even has stuff like Shadow of War for $25). Unless you're absolutely die-hard digital I don't see the point if they can't approximate the physical deals you'll be able to get.

Bleh, those games are pretty much $29.99 across the board with the retailers( I think Gamestop even has stuff like Shadow of War for $25). Unless you're absolutely die-hard digital I don't see the point if they can't approximate the physical deals you'll be able to get.

You summed it up nicely. Digital prices need to reflect physical prices exactly.

You'd think that since Sony can't beat MS in power anymore they'd at least offer competitive prices to make their platform more attractive but nope, they're actually charging more and for a much smaller selection to boot.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You'd think that since Sony can't beat MS in power anymore they'd at least offer competitive prices to make their platform more attractive but nope, they're actually charging more and for a much smaller selection to boot.

With three times as many customers why should they care though? They already have the customers.

These deals are all meh. I guess when you're #1 there's less incentive to give good deals?

If that was the case that would surely translate over to the retail side with their hardware deals. There's some great promotions on slim Ps4s and PS VR, not sure why it hasn't( so far) been the case with their PSN software offerings. Maybe their own first party stuff like Horizon and Uncharted Lost legacy will be more inspired.

Definitely a weak selection, as others have mentioned before the physical sales for these games will be much lower next week. Hell, even GCU members were able to pre-order quite a few of these games for $47.99 with $10 back - effectively making them cheaper than they are here.

I'm firmly in the "I hope this isn't everything and is just a preview" camp

autoduelist

Almost nobody [I'd say nobody, but maybe you are... but... nobody] is comparing the digital sales this week in order to decide which console to buy. I don't see how what you're saying is even remotely relevant. I mean, do you actually picture tens of thousands of people say "oh, game X is $5 more during BF! I'm going with an xbox instead!"

Even xbox's new power advantage isn't too critical at this juncture. Anyone that interested in power is also more likely an early adopter and has already bought in. They aren't waiting years into the gen to buy their first console, they're waiting for price breaks and will get the cheaper model.

Matticers

Need for Speed Payback seems okay at $36 if you want that. I'd probably pass on it at that price based on the reviews. Other than that... pretty disappointing. In both the discounts and the number of games on sale.

Fbh

Might have jumped on Destiny 2 + season pass if it was $60.... but as it is now it's still too expensive. Yeah it's only $7 more but it's $7 above my limit

SRTtoZ

Terrible sale. I was all excited when I saw the banner for Pre Black Friday sale and then I click on it and see those "deals". Where's the older games? Where's the bigger discounts? Yuck.

This sale hurts my soul. Was looking forward to getting something but not with those prices and selection. The full sale with all the games will be on Tuesday. There has got to be something worth getting then. Right?

autoduelist

I'm pretty sure this is just 'stage 1' of the sale, not complete.

Black Friday sales from multiple stores leaked over a week ago show these games will be cheaper than Sony's black friday sale. Sony could have atleast matched the pricing

Sony doesn't determine the sale price for non-Sony games.

SRTtoZ

Why even call it early access if they only put up so few games? Terrible. Hopefully the actual sale has way more games because I want Knack 2 digitally :D

zeniselv

I was so hyped for this sale, maybe if just the bundles had the same % of discount as the base games, I might consider it somewhat ok.

Jigga

Black Friday sales from multiple stores leaked over a week ago show these games will be cheaper than Sony's black friday sale. Sony could have atleast matched the pricing
Correct me if im wrong, but I rarely ever see Sony or MS match digital with retail all that often.

If u a digital buyer and are interested in these games better get them now because 2 weeks from now 60$ will be the asking price

These deals are all meh. I guess when you're #1 there's less incentive to give good deals?

I think it has more to do with digital prices in general continuing to be a joke compared to retail prices with very few exceptions. Actually, I think Microsoft's sales prices are ALWAYS worst than Sony's and Microsoft has been in second place for years.

38 items on my watchlist and the only one on sale is R6 Siege (which for me is a PC game though; just there cuz eventually if it's <10 i'll nab it on PS4 too just to support it). Still, $20 CAD for R6 Siege... Probably been around 20 bucks before (and I wouldn't be surprised to see it flash to 15 for cyber monday or something) but still if folks haven't try it yet then consider grabbing it.

Top Bottom