• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] PSN Flash Sale: 3/24 - 3/27

Korigama

Looking like DMC4:SE and Deadly Premonition for me. I've been considering The Evil Within digital bundle, but still not sold on it instead of just saving the money for whenever they feel like putting Astebreed on sale again.

holygeesus

Banned
So conflicted here. Do I pick up both Horizon ZD & Nier, two shiny, new releases. Or do I only get one of those & splurge on both the "only on PlayStation" & this sale?

I've missed out on a good amount of games here that I'm interested in like both Far Cry 4 & Primal, Evil Within, Borderlands Handsome Collection, Abyss Odyssey & Helldivers.

Feel like some of these deals are just too good to pass up considering most are the GOTY or complete editions. Hmm.

Get one shiny and a few back catalogues. Can't see the point of buying two new games at full price at the same time, personally, as by the time you get round to the other, the price will likely have dropped anyway.

MikeyB

Got Overcooked, Banner Saga, Spiderman Shattered Dimensions, and Catherine.

With the 20% coupon, I splurged and bought Rogue 1 as well.

Not a bad haul for $45 CAD.

Rymuth

So Trails in the Sky SC was supposed to be on sale this weekend, but there were issues apparently. This is from XSEED's fb page:

*Trails in the Sky SC sale - There was a mix-up, since the game is a rare "two-disc" PSP game that requires extra set-up info, even digitally. We're working on it and the sale is incoming, and we'll share more info soon! Thanks for your patience and for bringing this to our attention!
Doh! If it had been on sale, I would've picked it up along with the first one.

Celegus

Any thoughts on the best Jackbox bundle? I've played a couple of the games here and there but don't own any of them, not sure if 3 is considered the most "complete" or if they're all different. Honestly would only have 2 people most of the time, with the occasional 3rd or 4th, so any that have good 2 player games would be awesome.

So conflicted here. Do I pick up both Horizon ZD & Nier, two shiny, new releases. Or do I only get one of those & splurge on both the "only on PlayStation" & this sale?

I've missed out on a good amount of games here that I'm interested in like both Far Cry 4 & Primal, Evil Within, Borderlands Handsome Collection, Abyss Odyssey & Helldivers.

Feel like some of these deals are just too good to pass up considering most are the GOTY or complete editions. Hmm.

I mean I don't see why you'd buy HZD or Nier digitally right now, they are games you play for 30-50 hours and then never touch again. Physical just seems smarter, even if you don't trade them in you can donate them to a friend or random stranger.

I'd definitely recommend Borderlands, maybe Evil if you love horror and Helldivers if you like that genre. I wouldn't recommend Far Cry Primal AND 4, HZD is the far superior Primal negating the need to really ever play that game. FC4 isn't bad, its not great, if you didn't play FC3 its worth a spin but if you finished FC3 on ps3/pc I wouldn't bother playing FC4.

Zasa

I mean I don't see why you'd buy HZD or Nier digitally right now, they are games you play for 30-50 hours and then never touch again. Physical just seems smarter, even if you don't trade them in you can donate them to a friend or random stranger.

I'd definitely recommend Borderlands, maybe Evil if you love horror and Helldivers if you like that genre. I wouldn't recommend Far Cry Primal AND 4, HZD is the far superior Primal negating the need to really ever play that game. FC4 isn't bad, its not great, if you didn't play FC3 its worth a spin but if you finished FC3 on ps3/pc I wouldn't bother playing FC4.
Thanks for the sound pointers. Ended up buying Helldivers, Banner Saga, Evil Within, & Abyss Odyssey. Opted out of buying Borderlands, Far Cry 4 & Primal since I checked psprices & all three are on sale for the relatively same price nearly every month or so. Rather save some bucks in case the next flash sale is a banger.

That'll keep me busy for the next month or two at the very least

bumpkin

Does the capcom puzzle compilation work on vita? Good port?
I don't know if anyone answered you, but I looked online and it's a yes. You just can't download it directly onto Vita. You need to download it on PS3 and transfer it via USB.

I didn't even know this collection existed, I might have to pick it up at that price.

RedToad64

Any thoughts on the best Jackbox bundle? I've played a couple of the games here and there but don't own any of them, not sure if 3 is considered the most "complete" or if they're all different. Honestly would only have 2 people most of the time, with the occasional 3rd or 4th, so any that have good 2 player games would be awesome.
All of the Jackbox Party Packs have different sets of games. I personally find the newest pack to be the most enjoyable with friends, although you can't go wrong with the other two.

Since you commented that there would only be two people most of the time, I can suggest the original Jackbox Party Pack. It features You Don't Know Jack 2015 and Lie Swatter, both of which can be fully enjoyed with a duo or more.

theRizzle

All of the Jackbox Party Packs have different sets of games. I personally find the newest pack to be the most enjoyable with friends, although you can't go wrong with the other two.

Since you commented that there would only be two people most of the time, I can suggest the original Jackbox Party Pack. It features You Don't Know Jack 2015 and Lie Swatter, both of which can be fully enjoyed with a duo or more.

And the original Drawful! That's the one to get for sure. (No good for 2 people though)

omg_mjd

Settled on The Evil Within and DmC 4 SE. Also wanted Evolve but since I only play offline I'll just get when it goes on sale again.

wtd2009

The accompanying sale has trails of cold steel 2 up for $28 for PS3. Is this about as cheap as I can expect it to get? The first one is still pretty pricey on ebay, not sure if this one will ever get cheaper, either, so I might just bite the bullet even though I might not get to it for another year or so.

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom