[US] September 2017 boxart thread

Ah, glad to see they're distinguishing the real Farm Sims from the fake Farm Sims.

Won't be making that mistake again this year.

Gear Club Switch is getting a retail release? I hope it applies to EU too and that the game is more fleshed out than mobile version. I'd love an authentic racing game on Switch.

I like the newer Revelations "combined" boxart. Much better than Mildly Concerned Jill.

Here comes UIG Entertainment.
You know, I got a few of the Switch launch games (back when there was only a handful of retail titles at all), and I briefly thought about how it'd be cool to have a complete collection of the system's physical games, provided I stumbled upon a magic bucket of disposable income. I no longer have that dream.

Looks like DBXV2 got an update:

Left new, right old.

Now it matches I think the other versions and the JP box. But the art is now blurry (the logos aren't), hope that isn't the case in person, it usually isn't. Also, I know Gohan's form is now back to being SS, but I just realized that it's indeed wrong when it was "normal", his hair isn't standing up normally (that's Future Gohan BTW). So yeah, it's supposed to be the SS form.

Edit: It still differs from the JP box:

L.A. Noire looks better on the Switch box because it looks like a full-size Hollywood poster. The Xbox One version looks really cut off by comparison due to the box dimensions.

Yeah that new L.A. Noire cover is dope

The old cover wasn't terrible but it just looked generic because it had that blue/orange style that was all the rage a couple years ago.

I like the newer Revelations "combined" boxart. Much better than Mildly Concerned Jill.

You know, I got a few of the Switch launch games (back when there was only a handful of retail titles at all), and I briefly thought about how it'd be cool to have a complete collection of the system's physical games, provided I stumbled upon a magic bucket of disposable income. I no longer have that dream.
Yoooo. Me too :(. I have actually reverted to collecting all of the 3DS retail library (used), Babyz and all :D

L.A. Noire looks better on the Switch box because it looks like a full-size Hollywood poster. The Xbox One version looks really cut off by comparison due to the box dimensions.
I feel like that's the case for every Switch game case. Definitely the best going for box art right now.

I'd actually buy a 27x40 poster of that LA Noire art. It's so good.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like that's the case for every Switch game case. Definitely the best going for box art right now.

I'd actually buy a 27x40 poster of that LA Noire art. It's so good.
It's tough for me... I still buy PS4 > Switch (performance, graphics, etc) but the boxart for Switch is just perfect! I love the longer movie poaster look!

Said it before I say it again - that L.A. Noire cover is hot hot heat. My copy is going to look majestic when it's sitting pretty on my shelf and I can bask in all its noiry goodness.

Playing through one of my favourite games again will be a nice little bonus too.

They completely rebooted it and it's genuinely awful now. I was never a huge fan of the original but I could at least tell some effort was put into it, the new one just screams "lazy cash grab."
The good thing about Ben 10 is that a multiverse was introduced in the Omniverse series. So if you want you can count the new series as just a look into another universe.