• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today Special Report: Trump's business network reached alleged Russian mobsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots at the link

Among them:

• A partner in the firm that developed the Trump SoHo Hotel in New York is a twice-convicted felon who spent a year in prison for stabbing a man and later scouted for Trump investments in Russia.

• An investor in the SoHo project was accused by Belgian authorities in 2011 in a $55 million money-laundering scheme.

• Three owners of Trump condos in Florida and Manhattan were accused in federal indictments of belonging to a Russian-American organized crime group and working for a major international crime boss based in Russia.

• A former mayor from Kazakhstan was accused in a federal lawsuit filed in Los Angeles in 2014 of hiding millions of dollars looted from his city, some of which was spent on three Trump SoHo units.

• A Ukrainian owner of two Trump condos in Florida was indicted in a money-laundering scheme involving a former prime minister of Ukraine.

It's a pretty long read. This guy keeps really dirty company.

Tahnit

Banned
Every other day is another connection to Russia. When will be enough to really start the impeachment process?

Dude Abides

Banned
After Trump went bankrupt for like the fourth time nobody reputable would loan him money so he had to go to shady Russians.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The russian mafia was literally operating out of Trump Tower, 3 floors below his penthouse.

Manafort has also lived in Trump Tower since 2006.

Because if his are subpoenaed "EVERYONES TAXES would be open to the public" slippery slope argument

One of these days I'm going to have to dance naked around the halls of the Capitol building, throwing flower petals everywhere and singing about how the slippery slope is a logical fallacy, aren't I?

Sephzilla

Are we sure Donald isn't a secret Russian himself?

The biggest plot twist of all would be the reveal that Donald "started the birther movement" Trump was actually not from America

Every other day is another connection to Russia. When will be enough to really start the impeachment process?

I used to think when Republicans start to think their seats are in jeopardy. However Trump lately has even been attacking Republicans so maybe they'll just turn on him because he pissed them off.

One of these days I'm going to have to dance naked around the halls of the Capitol building, throwing flower petals everywhere and singing about how the slippery slope is a logical fallacy, aren't I?

If the slippery slope ever does arrive, I will be more than happy to shove a few Republicans down it.

JordanN

Banned
Are we sure Donald isn't a secret Russian himself?

U0RnbAI.gif

Surfinn

Because if his are subpoenaed "EVERYONES TAXES would be open to the public" slippery slope argument. Which is bullshit, since we have a very good reason for cracking those books.

It's all about context. If the context calls for it, what's so special about tax returns? Police can bust through your damn front door if they have a warrant, right?

The connections between Donald Trump and Russia that have already been made public are deeply disturbing.

Just think: what else could the Presidunce be hiding?

RPGCrazied

If this was Hillary Republicans would be asking for her head and doing all sorts of hearings and investigations, but when its their own party they can't be bothered and half ass things?

Great priorities you got there.

Chumley

Banned
If this was Hillary Republicans would be asking for her head and doing all sorts of hearings and investigations, but when its their own party they can't be bothered and half ass things?

Great priorities you got there.

If this was Hillary impeachment proceedings would have started on Day 1.

I usually give New York City politicians and businessmen a pass on having Mafia ties. I mean, no shit you have to grease a few palms, etc. to get anywhere. But usually the benefit of doing that is you get to tell the Russian Mob, the Chinese Triads, etc. to go pound sand.

Flo_Evans

I don't really even see smoke here...

So some russian organized crime people bought some condos at Trump tower? Off a 3rd party?

After Trump went bankrupt for like the fourth time nobody reputable would loan him money so he had to go to shady Russians.

This nails it right here. Understanding how Trump has been able to find financing to pay the interest on his existing debt (which is enormous) as well as raise new financing for both new and existing projects leads you right to Russia.

Except, of course, we don't have his tax returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom