• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

User on Some Languag Near Spanish Forum leaked NX specs and prototype picture in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodin

MCV said their sources said the same thing about cheap prices, though, and that goes with the rumor last year as well. I'd say that was more likely than not at this point.

I fully expect 249. Maybe with a game included, but not less than that. And to be honest if chip performs well when docked, it's a good price.

Meffer

So, believe in eurogamer is OK, but believe in someone that told the same thing 2 months earlier is not?
I can't believe the modular aspect of the NX itself from this one. The EG leak is plausible. But a removeable screen? I can't believe that.

Yeah, that was the general interpretation of it, but a couple of Gaffers read into the words "brain of the NX...within the controller" a bit too literally, I think, and ran with the idea.

Anyway, I vaguely remember that Xcape guy. I don't even remember his name, though; Xcape might not even be what it really was. I don't remember if it were ever confirmed that he actually knew anything.
I think he did in a thread where some 3rd party game was in beta that Is going to be on nx

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So, believe in eurogamer is OK, but believe in someone that told the same thing 2 months earlier is not?

I don't think you can apply this logic. It's not the same thing. There's no modular aspect in Eurogamer's leak. This can be someone legit, but at the same time it can be someone who used the patents to create a speculation that is now partially confirmed.

Meffer

And also the fact the carts for certain games have special components in them ala SNES carts. What about eShop? If the NX doesn't have the special components from the cart it can't play the game.
This guy's info falls apart.

Galava

And also the fact the carts for certain games have special components in them ala SNES carts. What about eShop? If the NX doesn't have the special components from the cart it can't play the game.

Then the game runs at lower quality or res if you don't have the cart.

BDGAME

I don't think you can apply this logic. It's not the same thing. There's no modular aspect in Eurogamer's leak. This can be someone legit, but at the same time it can be someone who used the patents to create a speculation that is now partially confirmed.

There is no? Think well. They say about the detached controls but don't explain why. They say about the overclocked X1, but don't tell why. They kind of split the information in two and only give us half of that.

That guy give us the full information months early.

BDGAME

Then the game runs at lower quality or res if you don't have the cart.
Yes, like the N64 expansion. Most games work without it, but run better with it.

I remember that Gauntlet Legends can be played in 4 players only without that expansion.

There haven't been any special chips in carts since the SNES era. What makes you believe this is suddenly going to change with the NX?

It is so amazing...whenever we think we know what the NX is all about, there is something which makes it all look fake or unlikely.
Maybe Nintendo did all of this...haha, no, thats nonsense. I know that.

Eh, re-reading his posts it seems he didn't mean that the GAME cartridges would make your console stronger, just that there are "modular cartridges" that you can buy and connect to your console and make it stronger. As I already said before, his portuguese is really obtuse in some posts so you can barely understand what he meant, especially since he keeps using words that don't mean what he thinks they mean.

heringer

How about 199 without the screen?
I guess they could sell a cheaper SKU without the screen if that's a possibility.

MCV said their sources said the same thing about cheap prices, though, and that goes with the rumor last year as well. I'd say that was more likely than not at this point.

I don't see this thing being less than $250. We're talking about some serious tech here as far as handhelds go. Nintendo doesn't sell things at a loss.

I'm hoping for $250, but wouldn't be surprised if they priced at $300.

Dude is probably wrong about this cart thing or its word/translated wrong. Yall focusing on the wrong shit.

That option is already not reliable due to the age of buying digital.

That speculation is pointless.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
In the best case scenario, a guy knew something but you had no way of knowing at the time that he knew something. In the worst case scenario, it was a lucky guess put together from a variety of rumors. Regardless, we're going to shut down the carnival here. In the future please do not make threads based on Google Translate translations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom