• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

here's some reassuring tweet for those who ordered on VIDEOGAMEPLUS.CA, or for those who wants to order somewhere after the cancellation!

qur3ZgS.jpg

s1MkzIN.jpg

Jonnax

Uh I mean it's a PR battle then. Who do you believe Amazon or Atlus?

I dunno, I feel AtlusPrime is being a bit more transparent then Amazon is right now...

Could be wrong tho.

Edit: A word.

Amazon, because they sell everything. Persona is nothing to them.

Whilst Persona is everything to Atlus.

This topic... I don't think my heart can take another delay or screwup. My TYH preorder is still fine though I bought it elsewhere.

LiK

Amazon has been screwing up limited edition preorders for games in the past few years. It doesn't bother them how many they cancel, fuck up in shipping or ship out late. I love Best Buy. They haven't screwed up anything, got GCU/points and they ship quick so I sometimes get them a day or two earlier. Better than Amazon's "release-date" delivery! If you have access to BB, why even bother with Amazon now.

jacobeid

Banned
Amazon has been screwing up limited edition preorders for games in the past few years. It doesn't bother them how many they cancel, fuck up in shipping or ship out late. I love Best Buy. They haven't screwed up anything, got GCU/points and they ship quick so I sometimes get them a day or two earlier. Better than Amazon's "release-date" delivery! If you have access to BB, why even bother with Amazon now.

This is my stance now and I've been a prime member since 2010. Late deliveries and random cancellations have become way too common with Amazon. Why even bother preordering with them if they can't guarantee anything?

They fucked up my BotW Switch order but at least they didn't fuck up my actual Switch. My switch case arrived clearly having been opened already, and my Zelda guidebook was torn to hell. They ended up giving me the guide and the case for free though because that was some bullshit.

Venfayth

Amazon CSR guidebook:

When you can't find the actual reason for an issue just make a reason up, and try to make it sound convincing.

SephiZack

I honestly don't trust Amazon on this one. In the last 4 months, I got probably 5 preorders cancelled/delayed indefinitely. (Steins;gate Zero, a Zelda artbook and other random stuff)

Kilau

Gold Member
If only Sony had discounts on digital preorders.... #Betterpsn.

I used the spend $100 get $15 back promo last month to make it a discount.

I have Vue every month anyway so adding a $60 game and getting it for $45 essentially.

I did want the steelbook though.

I've had this preordered from Amazon since June, and it hasn't been cancelled. I wish, however, I could pass it on to someone else on GAF. I play P4 Golden on the Vita sometimes when I travel, and that should last me a while. Meanwhile, 2017 has been busy!

Supposedly, Amazon will be contacting people who had their order canceled in the next week or so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Persona5/comments/5zo3sg/amazon_canceled_my_persona_5_take_your_heart/

Too late, I already order one from VGP canada =p, and already pay for it, anyway amazon didn't contact me, and I had the most bizarre conversation with amazon where they send me link for the wrong game.. wtf, and keep telling me that there was a restriction with something to ship it to the UK.

ChrisD

Okay, so can someone please tell me I didn't get screwed over and lose my pre-order?

I've kept tabs on my Best Buy preorder of the Take Your Heart Edition for the past few weeks. I put it in on January with the Visa Checkout promotion. Just checked and it's no longer there. Nothing in my Account shows it to be a thing anymore.

I would love to hear that this is just a weird thing that BB does, but I'm going to assume that I've lost out on my preorder for a game I've been looking forward to for years now. The preorder that I even went and cancelled my GameStop order over like an absolute idiot -- should have known better and just kept the minimum on it. I've been so hyped for next week... Now I'm just angry, disappointed, and honestly a bit sad.

Edit: Alright, didn't read the full OP, my bad. IS that what I'm looking at here? Just a total removal of the order on the site, but its still there? It says

We're Sorry
Order information is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Crossing my fingers. Really want this next week. :(

Oh, also it was in an order with Gravity Rush 2, which I've already picked up at-store back in January. That order now shows as a separate deal, there is no more order shown with P5TYH and GR2. Just a "ghost" order of a sole GR2 that was never actually made.

Googling showed that checking Guest Order sometimes work. Guest Order just tells me

We're sorry; we couldn't find your order. Please enter an order number for an order placed within the last 18 months.

I'm so freaking angry. Nothing has gone right for me with LE games these past few months. I've mostly stopped using Amazon after they screwed up my TLG order. I've mostly stopped using GameStop because they screwed up my Switch and Zelda orders. And now it looks like Best Buy has screwed up my Persona 5 order.

Every time I see this freaking thread on the front page my heart races and I frantically search my emails and check Amazon to ensure my order hasn't changed.

We are so close now, I can't handle any bad news on it.

Zafir

Well I never got contacted by Amazon.com. :p

In fact my cancelled CE pre-order isn't even on the Amazon.com site anymore, it seems to have been totally removed with no trace of its existence left.

It's just super fortunate that I didn't end up needing the pre-order in the end because they ended up bringing the CE to Europe. I'd have been far more annoyed if that wasn't the case.

Well I never got contacted by Amazon.com. :p

In fact my cancelled CE pre-order isn't even on the Amazon.com site anymore, it seems to have been totally removed with no trace of its existence left.

It's just super fortunate that I didn't end up needing the pre-order in the end because they ended up bringing the CE to Europe. I'd have been far more annoyed if that wasn't the case.

No one has yet.

Put in the order number. It will show after awhile. It took a couple times for mine to appear. Most important, just save the email and the order number.

ChrisD

Sorry to bump this again, but I checked my order before going to bed to see if I need to call tomorrow, and it's back. Feeling kind of foolish now for making that long post above. Should have just waited things out. I'm just becoming too accustomed to these things going screwy. :c

One more week! Crossing fingers for everyone who did end up with any unfortunate cancellations that you do end up with a TYH copy. Super lousy situation.

Also hoping that Best Buy doesn't have weird server issues (I guess???) again, I don't think my wellbeing can take it. Seriously, it's a friggin' game, but that stress of not knowing if you're going to get something you ordered is the worst.

macklelol

Got an email from Amazon about the situation:
Hello,

We're contacting you about your order for Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition. We recently learned that we incorrectly canceled your order and sent you an inaccurate message about the goods being considered dangerous. Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition is not a dangerous good. To help make up for the inconvenience, we have sent you a copy of Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition, free of charge.

We value you as a customer and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com

dgco86

Uh wow.

Hello,

We're contacting you about your order #REDACTED for Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition. We recently learned that we incorrectly canceled your order and sent you an inaccurate message about the goods being considered dangerous. Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition is not a dangerous good. To help make up for the inconvenience, we have sent you a copy of Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition, free of charge.

You can track your order arrival at UPS: https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US
With tracking number: REDACTED

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Zafir

Holy shit. I just got that too. :O

Especially shocking when you consider it was an international order too, that can't be cheap.

Guess that means I can cancel my UK pre-orders, lol.

Chris R

Got an email from Amazon about the situation:

Uh... I haven't got that email just yet.

I got free shipping, but maybe another email is on it's way later today? Or maybe only the Take Your Heart editions are being comped?

It's probably just a rep by rep deal :\

edit: I just got a $5 credit from Amazon. A free copy of the game would have been nice, but whatever, free shipping and a $5 credit is good enough for me.

Shit, I should have kept my Take Your Heart edition preorder and hoped to get "lucky." I cancelled it a little while before this whole thing began. Nice of them to send free copies to fix the error.

Rootbeer

Banned
First... good job amazon on how you handled this entire situation in the end (for the ones getting 100% free copies I mean)

Second ... I gotta say, after having amazon cancel my BotW ME that I waited up all night to be one of the very first people to order... and they only gave me a $10 cert (yeah, it was better than nothing, I know)... just ugh :)

Lastly though... this shit needs to stop happening, period. If you pre-order it you need to be taken care of if they mess it up.

dgco86

So I got an email about my steelbook order...

Hello,

We're contacting you about your order #REDACTED for Persona 5 - SteelBook Edition - PlayStation 4. We recently learned that we incorrectly canceled your order and sent you an inaccurate message about the goods being considered dangerous. This item is available and eligible to ship to you should you decide to purchase again. We're very sorry this happened.

We'd also like to give a you a $5 promotional certificate as an apology for the experience. This promotional certificate has been applied to your Amazon.com account and will automatically apply the next time you order an eligible item sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The promotional certificate doesn't apply to items offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website and won't cover the purchase of gift cards, sales tax, gift wrap, or additional shipping costs.

For more information about promotional codes, including the terms and conditions of use and what happens when you return an order paid for with a promotional code, go to:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201894800

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

I know I'm probably nitpicking at this point, but I had actually ordered 3 copies of the Premium Edition (1 for me and 2 for my friends) to save on shipping and use my Prime discount. I'm guessing I'll only receive 1 copy going by Amazon's email, so my friends will need to get it locally at a much higher price.

Top Bottom