• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V jump scans ( Naruto EX2 , FF4 , DQ4 , ASH , etc )

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
TekunoRobby said:
Jesus Christ the DS is portable RPG KING.

Final Fantasy IV, Dragon Quest IV, Tales of Innocence, and Archaic Sealed Heat all look fucking amazing.

That pretty much sums up the thread.

Tales of Innocence's field screens look nice ... the battle scenes less so. I guess they can't just make those too detailed, because they'll have a lot of different characters (party members + enemies) in action.

Jiggy

I'm not sure if it's just my good mood built up from successively staring at DS' Awesome Overload of Dragon Quest IV, ASH, Tales of Innocence, and (to a slightly lesser degree) Final Fantasy IV, along with PSP's contribution of Tales of Rebirth, but even Summon Night's catching my interest now. Support system, looks like some kind of action RPG, seems to have loads of characters... In any case, it's on my list of games to pay attention to.

ethelred

On a more serious note, these games look great, obviously. ASH is the most exciting to me of the lot -- I like the premise of the story, love the descriptions of the gameplay, it has my favorite game composer and one of my favorite game artists, and the visuals look wonderful. So, so excited for this one.

I like that they're using the DQ8-styled world map in the Dragon Quest IV remake. The FF4 character models look nice (especially in cutscenes), and it's good to finally see Edward and Yang.

The GBA Summon Nights were pretty decent, so hopefully Twin Cross is good.

Amir0x said:
I wonder if it's ok to hope for Final Fantasy Tactics A2... I didn't like the original, but I can't read the moon language either to see how they updated the system. It certainly uses nice 2D though. Anyone can do some translating?

Mm, yeah. I didn't like the original much either, but I've got my fingers crossed the sequel will turn out better. It does sound like some of the main complaints I had with the first game (lack of unique characters, annoying law system, class/skill redundancies) are being fixed, so... here's hoping.

I like the design of the new chick in these scans (though I guess that's balanced out by my absolute loathing of Cid's character design).

How much info has been released on ASH? From the screens, it looks like a hybrid of Fire Emblem and more traditional RPGs.

If it's anything like FE...:D :D

- edit -

Ethel, do you mean DQVII world map? I prefer the DQVIII style map to pretty much any other overworld ever, but the DS probably couldn't do it justice. I love the DQVII style though, and it fits portables so much better than 3D IMO.

d+pad

WickedLaharl said:
oh rydia, how i <3 thee.

Me too ;) I want this game NOW!

ASH, DQIV and even Summon Night also look amazing.

I can't believe the DS is my go-to system these days. My how times have changed!

Amir0x

Banned
ethelred said:
Mm, yeah. I didn't like the original much either, but I've got my fingers crossed the sequel will turn out better. It does sound like some of the main complaints I had with the first game (lack of unique characters, annoying law system, class/skill redundancies) are being fixed, so... here's hoping.

I like the design of the new chick in these scans (though I guess that's balanced out by my absolute loathing of Cid's character design).

My other main problems - other than those you mentioned, and the severe balance issues - were difficulty and lack of permanent death (except in the JAAGD or whatever it's called). I doubt they'll bring back permanent death in all locations considering the first was supposed to be more of a 'casual' SRPG, but I hope they definitely fix the difficulty. Whenever my territory would be attacked, I'd be so frustrated 'cause it was a pointless waste of time since the enemies gave nothing worth fighting for and were the easiest enemies of all time. And so it was just boring time to preserve the territory.

out of the DS games....FFIV is by far the most interesting...I heard they were adding in some aspects of the plot that were originally omitted...this is excellent news as, although the game was great, it was pretty short, and its plot felt compressed

ethelred

Forgotten Ancient said:
How much info has been released on ASH? From the screens, it looks like a hybrid of Fire Emblem and more traditional RPGs.

If it's anything like FE...:D :D

It is a mix of strategy and traditional RPGs. You move parties (represented by a single leader unit) across a grid and then engage in battles where you select commands from a menu.

Forgotten Ancient said:
Ethel, do you mean DQVII world map? I prefer the DQVIII style map to pretty much any other overworld ever, but the DS probably couldn't do it justice. I love the DQVII style though, and it fits portables so much better than 3D IMO.

Sorry, I guess I didn't speak too clearly. Not the actual Dragon Quest VIII explorable overworld -- just the actual map itself. I like the design of it, how the mountains and water and forests are all illustrated, and so I'm glad they're carrying that design over in this game.

Amir0x said:
My other main problems - other than those you mentioned, and the severe balance issues - were difficulty and lack of permanent death (except in the JAAGD or whatever it's called).

Yeah... hopefully it'll be more challenging than the original game, but I'm not counting on that. As long as the other problems all get fixed, though, I'll be okay with that.

f@luS said:
Hum Naruto. The story is going too slow for a game every year , in shippuden. If we have to get some real fresh things, they will have to go as far as sasuke vs deidera , and i doubt it

Thanks for teh spoilers...

Seriously, put up some spoiler tags for that Naruto bit there. Not everyone reads the manga.

Flakster99

Am I a bad enough dude to play such awesomeness? Absolutely!

A lot of good software here, but Dragon Quest IV and Final Fantasy IV look positively phenomenal.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The thing that has me most excited about FFTA2 is that the riding chocobo ability is back! :D

ethelred said:
Yeah... hopefully it'll be more challenging than the original game, but I'm not counting on that. As long as the other problems all get fixed, though, I'll be okay with that.
They are trying to fix it a bit, you no longer gain experience in battle so it's spread evenly amongst the party afterwards, not sure if this system will work well though. It's the one thing I'm hoping works well because it sounds like it could fix all the balance issues with the game or completely ruin it.

Thanks for the information Ethel.

ASH is rapidly climbing my most-wanted list. It's a shame I won't even be able to play 1/3 of the games on that list, as there's just not enough time. :(

Damn, my pc is broken but I had to log in to thank yugi and zell for these awesome scans. RPG overload finally. When will a console have a good rpg lineup since start? :lol

DQIV looks adorable, I'm so waiting for this trio DQ to arrive (in spanish) to Europe so lets pray SE is doing localizations rather quickly, I don't want to wait until 2011.

ASH certainly looks interesting, although it doesn't look as good as the 3 screens released years ago I like more this style. Nintendo publishing though, I hope they improve their speed on localizations...

FFIV surprised me, looks far better than I remembered...kinda sad I can't get excited since I just played FFIVa on DS. Well, maybe thanks to localization taking its time I could get excite for european release.

The Tales games look dissapointing in comparison....a re-release, a port, crappy-looking spinoff and a new tales with B-team behind (better than F-team Dimps though, although still outsourced). It doesn't help that I certainly dislike the approach they take with tales on DS. Well, since they want to keep with 4-5 tales a year I hope the next 'batch' is more interesting.

Naruto in overkill mode...and they aren't putting PS2-GC numbers anymore...

Damn, Crisis Core looks like it wants me to pull my eyes out waiting for SE european release, if the game quality is on par on the work they did on the graphics....damn! I want it now! :(

Square, Enix, Namco, Bandai....no one else doing RPGs these days? TGS can't come soon enough :D

pd: I want my pc back! :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
dbz looks awesome...with online gameplay it`s a must have for me on wii since i passed the first one...

Leezard

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
DQIV looks adorable, I'm so waiting for this trio DQ to arrive (in spanish) to Europe so lets pray SE is doing localizations rather quickly, I don't want to wait until 2011.

You want translations? They'll probably come out here in Europe when we get the DS2. And that's if we're lucky.

The M.O.B

Im interested in that Deca Sporta game, It looks simple and clean and hopefully it will have some depth to it with amazing controls.(I can hope :(......)

kamikaze

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Naruto in overkill mode...and they aren't putting PS2-GC numbers anymore...

it's still another naruto game for anime gamer chumps to pick up!

<looks in mirror>

aw crap, i'm one of those chumps. :(

neo2046 said:
More scans from Mutou Yugi :D

What? A new Prince of Tennis game?

*looks closer*

KONAMI YOU FUCKS MAKE IT ON THE WII!!!

Thanks though neo, you really are Jesus, Buddha, and Mohammed rolled into one. BTW, can anyone translate what it says about Crystal Drive on the second page?

Cecil's render looks like they went Nomura on it. Otherwise, the game looks gorgeous.

Still not feeling the ASH cast or art. Those two new female knights look great, though; too bad the main character didn't look more like that and less like the <tits> </tits> jpeg. Gameplay looks delectable; battle map with first-person fights. I hope it's streamlined and paced well. A lot of games that go that route end up too slow or montonous.

Crisis Core continues to exceed my visual expectations. The gameplay better be "Not Crap™".

Scribble

I'd expect them to render Rydia (non-in-game) to look exactly like Aeris, Tifa, Penelo, Yuna, Ashe, etc. but facially, she looks pretty different. And more "mature" looking. Interesting.

Ranger X

It is impossible to describe how much i drool over FF4 DS.

I mean, holy mother of God. The nostalgia will kill me there. I dreamed for so long of a remake of this gem. Holy shit. I will have no life for the time i play this.

thefro

Scribble said:
I'd expect them to render Rydia (non-in-game) to look exactly like Aeris, Tifa, Penelo, Yuna, Ashe, etc. but facially, she looks pretty different. And more "mature" looking. Interesting.

The other CG renders look like the original Amano designs, so I'd expect Rydia to look like that as well.

kaminaavatar.gif

Does this mean I should start watching Gurren Lagann again?

Wow.

plank

KyanMehwulfe said:
Cecil's render looks like they went Nomura on it. Otherwise, the game looks gorgeous.

Still not feeling the ASH cast or art. Those two new female knights look great, though; too bad the main character didn't look more like that and less like the <tits> </tits> jpeg. Gameplay looks delectable; battle map with first-person fights. I hope it's streamlined and paced well. A lot of games that go that route end up too slow or montonous.

Crisis Core continues to exceed my visual expectations. The gameplay better be "Not Crap™".

What makes you think one of them is female. :lol

xcomp

donkey show said:
What? A new Prince of Tennis game?

*looks closer*

KONAMI YOU FUCKS MAKE IT ON THE WII!!!

Thanks though neo, you really are Jesus, Buddha, and Mohammed rolled into one. BTW, can anyone translate what it says about Crystal Drive on the second page?
Says...

"In Crystal Drive you could edit teams but what about this new system?! In the GBA games, the main matches were only Singles or Doubles but, there maybe a big change in this title! More in the next issue."

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
KyanMehwulfe said:
4_cecil_dk_paladin_a.jpg

?

some people forget how feminine Amano designs look.

xcomp said:
Says...

"In Crystal Drive you could edit teams but what about this new system?! In the GBA games, the main matches were only Singles or Doubles but, there maybe a big change in this title! More in the next issue."
Ah thanks a lot. I wish they would bring this to the Wii though. Their PoT games on the GBA/DS have been awesome. It only makes so much sense to make a tennis game on the Wii, let alone PoT of all things.

It's nice to see that Final Fantasy IV isn't as hideous as Final Fantasy III. I kind of wish it was in 2D or cel-shaded the way the 3D Dragon Quest games are.

Tabris

Why is the most important game shown here not in the title? (i.e. FF7:CC)!!

Looking so hot! I love the artwork in those FFIV scans but I can't get behind the SD look of the actual game.

Matsuno

FFIV, ASH and DQIV look amazing!!!
Now it will be necessary a good Trailer of ASH for testing the gameplay...I hope ASH is deep like Tactics Ogre(Snes) and FF Tactics....

Top Bottom