• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valhalla Game Studios (Devil's Third) files trademark application for "Fog of War"

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On October 6, 2016, Valhalla Game Studios Co., Ltd. filed in Europe via the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) a trademark application for "Fog of War".

Trade mark information

Name FOG OF WAR
Filing number 015900749
Basis EUTM
Date of receipt 06/10/2016
Type Word
Nature Individual
Nice classes 9, 41 ( Nice Classification )
Vienna Classification
Filing date 06/10/2016
Registration date
Expiry date
Designation date

Filing language English
Second language German
Application reference FT/SQU.051-0157/M-EU01
Trade mark status Application under examination
Acquired distinctiveness No

Goods and services

9 Computer game programs; computer game software; computer software, namely, game engine software for video game development and operation; video game software.

41 On-line game services; organization of games; providing on-line electronic publications, not downloadable; providing on-line music, not downloadable; providing on-line videos, not downloadable; Production of videotape film in the field of education, culture, entertainment or sports [not for movies or television programs and not for advertising or publicity]; motion picture film production; production of television features; scriptwriting services for non-advertising purposes.

Owners

VALHALLA GAME STUDIOS CO., LTD.

ID 564342
Organisation VALHALLA GAME STUDIOS CO., LTD.
Legal status Legal entity
Country JP - Japan
State/county n/a
Town Chuo-Ku, Tokyo
Post code 104-0052
Address Tsukugon Bldg. 2F, 1-3-2 Tsukishima
Correspondence address
VALHALLA GAME STUDIOS CO., LTD.
Tsukugon Bldg. 2F, 1-3-2 Tsukishima
Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104-0052
JAPÓN
Source: https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/015900749

I searched but found no prior thread or mention of this.

Also, on another note, the trademark dispute between Valhalla Game Studios and Valhalla Motion Pictures that TheBryanJZX90 wrote about last year here last year has reached an outcome:

Both of Valhalla Game Studios's marks, US serial numbers 77948333 and 77948895 have been abandoned (effective September 22, 2016) for the following reason:

Abandoned after an inter partes decision by the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. For further information, see TTABVUE on the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board web page.
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=77948895&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

I'm actually kinda shocked the name wasn't already used, name immediately makes me think of an RTS akin to Company of Heroes.

Expected the end of that to read "...for bankruptcy", so this was a positive surprise.
Devil's Third was largely a whiff, but I'd like to think Itagaki and friends are still capable of good things.

The multiplayer of Devil's Third has been recognized as something along those lines, so I'm thinking this could be building on the work they did there.

Doctre81

NX Turok reboot

4a111cefb139e10a03868e3635e50185.gif

Top Bottom