• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valheim Is 6 Months Timed Xbox Console Exclusive, Will Come To PlayStation Later

survival game I’ve been dying to play.
Chuckling Patrick Stewart GIF by Golden Globes

vj27

Banned
What? It's not like Xbox is beta-testing a pile of junk, Valheim is in a completely fine and playable state for a long time now.
Forgot to add the on PC part. Man didn’t think we’d have people on a gaming forum assume that a console port is just a copy paste type of thing lmao.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
You're telling me that at the time of release, or before release, the devs only talked about the version that's coming out, not the one that's possibly coming 6 to 8 months later?

SCANDALOUS.

:messenger_grinning_sweat:
No if you bothered to read more than a few words or weren't trying to move goalpost (as always) that this exact wording as been used for previous timed exclusives....Try to follow I was explicitely answering to your post and since you seem to have some short term memory trouble here it is:
Article headline:

Neogaf user interpretation:

Mental Gymnastics: The Thread indeed.
So yeah stop being the olympian of mental gymnastic and goalpost movieng and start actually answering what people tell you and not another hypothetic scenario.
Notice how not once I mentionned that they weren't allowed to talk about anything, just that this exact wording were used for timed exclusives....Then you drew your own conclusions and that's not my problem what you chose to interpret it as.
But a recurring attern is no mental gymnastic, it is what it is a recurring patern ...
Pixel Downloading GIF by Dominic Ewan

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
You're telling me that at the time of release, or before release, the devs only talked about the version that's coming out, not the one that's possibly coming 6 to 8 months later?

SCANDALOUS.

So are you saying that Xbox's timed exclusivity deal has nothing to do with why they aren't talking about a PS version?

JaksGhost

SCANDALOUS.

So where was this reasonable line of thinking in concern to other exclusives?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No if you bothered to read more than a few words or weren't trying to move goalpost (as always) that this exact wording as been used for previous timed exclusives....Try to follow I was explicitely answering to your post and since you seem to have some short term memory trouble here it is:

Wait so your big 'gotcha' is that similar wording was used ?

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

Let's talk about pedantic gymnastics for a second.

So are you saying that Xbox's timed exclusivity deal has nothing to do with why they aren't talking about a PS version?

No, I'm saying that you used a very deliberately inflammatory way of rephrasing the article.

Article
"No current plans to bring it to other consoles"

you
"DEVS CAN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT THE PS VERSION"

So where was this reasonable line of thinking in concern to other exclusives?

What other examples are you talking about ?

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Article

you
Yes, because they are not talking about their future plans to bring to other consoles. Duh.

You haven't answered my question though. In your opinion, is the Xbox's timed exclusivity deal responsible for their silence regarding plans to bring Valheim to other consoles or not?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Wait so your big 'gotcha' is that similar wording was used ?

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

Let's talk about pedantic gymnastics for a second.

No, I'm saying that you used a very deliberately inflammatory way of rephrasing the article.

Article

you

What other examples are you talking about ?
That wasn't a gotcha, just that your answer was ridiculous because a "no plans for now" is not the same as not talking about a game.And this becomes more apparent when so often tyhey use the exact same wording and that MS has been known to ask devs and publishers to not talk about things (like the parity clause that supossedly didn't exists)

adamsapple

Yes, because they are not talking about their future plans to bring to other consoles. Duh.

You haven't answered my question though. In your opinion, is the Xbox's timed exclusivity deal responsible for their silence regarding plans to bring Valheim to other consoles or not?

No, I think it's mostly because the game just came out less than a week ago in a pseudo early-access state on console. Once the current release is done and if they do announce other platforms, then they'll talk about it as much as they want.

That wasn't a gotcha, just that your answer was ridiculous because a "no plans for now" is not the same as not talking about a game.And this becomes more apparent when so often tyhey use the exact same wording and that MS has been known to ask devs and publishers to not talk about things (like the parity clause that supossedly didn't exists)

The "No plans for now" is a fairly standard PR statement. It has been used elsewhere as well, Microsoft does not have a stranglehold on it or whatever you are trying to imply here.

And the Xbox parity clause has been dead for almost a decade now. If you want to bring it up, I'm also happy to bring up Sony's parity clauses and paying to keep games off of competitive services.

But all that has been done to death in other topics already. So let's not, please.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
No, I think it's mostly because the game just came out less than a week ago in a pseudo early-access state on console. Once the current release is done and if they do announce other platforms, then they'll talk about it as much as they want.

The "No plans for now" is a fairly standard PR statement. It has been used elsewhere as well, Microsoft does not have a stranglehold on it or whatever you are trying to imply here.

And the Xbox parity clause has been dead for almost a decade now. If you want to bring it up, I'm also happy to bring up Sony's parity clauses and paying to keep games off of competitive services.

But all that has been done to death in other topics already. So let's not, please.
So a fully confirmed timed exclusive is using these wordings ....And once again you chose to interpret it as only MS does it, nowhere did I say that...You see how you keep understanding something that nobody said ?You trying to understand what I am saying is funny because you keep trying to push your victimization complex in it when at no point it was said nor implied.
So maybe avoid playing the mastermind of interpretation , you are awful at that, instead try to just read.
For sony parity clause, I can't really comment on it other than this link.That was just a quick answer to your whataboutism that, as always doesn't mention what I was talking about......
Now go do another round of mental gymnastic and goalpost moving, go say htat I think only MS do parity or timed exclusives or anything, It wan't change the fact that you are wrong and projecting a lot of intentions that has not been said or implied, just answer to yourself next time since you chose what I apparently said.

adamsapple

So a fully confirmed timed exclusive is using these wordings ....And once again you chose to interpret it as only MS does it, nowhere did I say that...You see how you keep understanding something that nobody said ?You trying to understand what I am saying is funny because you keep trying to push your victimization complex in it when at no point it was said nor implied.
So maybe avoid playing the mastermind of interpretation , you are awful at that, instead try to just read.
For sony parity clause, I can't really comment on it other than this link.That was just a quick answer to your whataboutism that, as always doesn't mention what I was talking about......
Now go do another round of mental gymnastic and goalpost moving, go say htat I think only MS do parity or timed exclusives or anything, It wan't change the fact that you are wrong and projecting a lot of intentions that has not been said or implied, just answer to yourself next time since you chose what I apparently said.

My dude, relax, everyone knows what you were trying to do from the first post. No need to text-wall.

Valheim may or may not release on other consoles in a few months, we'll see.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
My dude, relax, everyone knows what you were trying to do from the first post. No need to text-wall.

Valheim may or may not release on other consoles in a few months, we'll see.
Yep everybody inside your head does, I was actually accusing MS of being the only publisher in the world of using PR to hide how a game is a timed exclusive and probably be the corporation birthed by Satan.....
Or as I actually said they're using the same PR they've used for other timed exclusives which you seemed to agree with FF since it was a timed exclusive and used the same wording....The rest is just conjecture or projection that everything that doesn't defend MS is always an accusation said by a ravid stupid fanboy (See I did just like you, misinterpreted what you said to give it a warring subtext when there wasn't).

Edit: when cornered just stop replying, that shows maturity and lack of self awareness.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Who gives a shit? Time exclusive is timed exclusive. A lot of you cry babies only talk about length when you need to defend Microsofts time exclusivity.

You are correct in that I don’t give a shit cause I’m on PC, so none of this affects me.

But I’d rather have to wait six months, then 12-24 months to play a game.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
It's early access. Game title says so.

Also, not fully adapted to controller, especially building. Very hard to make any structure in game right now.

Seems optimised for mouse.

Huh, thanks for the info.

As I thought, it's not how Heisenberg described at all. What a weird thing to lie about.

JaksGhost

Wow a six month timed exclusive indie survival game. Totally comparable to AAA timed exclusives, where you're lucky if the exclusivity (which starts at 2 years nowadays) isn't extended to oblivion, without an end in sight. Yep, pour one out for those poor PS-players. They truly suffer.
Forspoken is the only exclusive they have that has a 2 year period. All of their other exclusive contracts run typically between 6 months to a year. Sony blatantly spells this out in their trailers unlike Microsoft.
Dreams is their game, so obviously it can have early access. But I am not sure for 3rd party games...

Forspoken is the only exclusive they have that has a 2 year period. All of their other exclusive contracts run typically between 6 months to a year. Sony blatantly spells this out in their trailers unlike Microsoft.

Thats definitely not true.

quest

Not Banned from OT
This is fun some people want it both wants it both ways. Scale counts for acquisitions but not for money hats. The abk is on a different scale but valhiem is equal to a ff game or other SE or zenimax games.

Fredrik

Going by this forum, this is exactly what people want Microsoft to be doing? So there shouldn't be a problem right?
There should be no problem here because people here should already own both consoles by now. It’s a core gamer board, or so I thought. Good luck having fun skipping either console.

This is fun some people want it both wants it both ways. Scale counts for acquisitions but not for money hats. The abk is on a different scale but valhiem is equal to a ff game or other SE or zenimax games.
There's no hypocrisy at all once you figure out what is being said. If Sony does it, it's good. If MS does it, it's bad. You can plug in pretty much anything into "it."

I doubt Topher Topher is making a thread on the exclusivity for Tchaka Khan on PS+ this week, or Sifu, or Solar Ash, or Jett, or F.I.S.T., or Octopath 2, Silent Hill 2, or FFXVI, or Kena, or a million other games.

No one claims that Xbox has zero exclusives or zero timed exclusives. 90% of this thread has been a complete shitshow over nothing but retard gotchas on things people didn't even say; trying to just score points in the great war. Everyone already knows this, as the system literally launched with The Medium, and High on Life was just a few months ago. No one is claiming they don't ever do timed exclusives.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

From 2 mins of looking through my post history (never mind the entire forum);

A4auVp7.jpg

VcSj22A.jpg

nrNFeXM.jpg

3jXzfYg.jpg

opZhMxe.jpg
On the pink-haired-wizard-hating forum it was said that MS locked Octopath Traveler from being released on PlayStation in the gamepass contract.
Since Octopath Traveler left gamepass last month, Square should be able to release it soon on PlayStation.

Top Bottom