• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valheim |OT| Explore, Build, Conquer, Craft, Survive, Cooperate (Added to GamePass 14/03)

Repo Man

Up until yesterday I thought that if you die at sea your gravestone will sink! Needless to say I was overjoyed when I saw it floating while on my corpse run after failing to kill a sea serpent.

Still wearing my old iron/troll armour though when I go on scouting trips. Way too allergic to the thought of a distant possibility of losing my sweet new silver gear into some unexplored hell hole.

martino

Started abusing the game swap features. You can just log out and log into another world and it always saves your location, and most importantly, you keep your inventory. So by doing this you can basically warp all your ore and materials without cheating. The method:

This is super rad, because the starting island on my current game has no swamp, so no iron ore. It is on another island pretty far away that is a large swamp with lots of crypts. I was contemplating mining everything off that swamp, lugging it over to the shore base, making a ship, and bringing it home. Instead I can do this!

I don't mind cheating tbh. I want to build a completely new base now that I have the stone cutter and stuff. This is a good way to get a lot of resources fast. Then I can get back to the mountains...

If you want to do that it's best to use cheat or a mod because imo you're fooling yourself with a more tedious method just to pretend you're not really cheating game rules.
the legit way again "imo" is to build an advanced mining base...near everything to transform minerals and build items at requiered level can be teleported (there is only 10 copper to make on place. you can also plan for this an take it on your boat. what i do when i go to a new place i intend to exploit now.i build a teleporter and i always take some copper / iron and what needed to build a cart and another teleporter at the new place)

Last edited:
I had to cheat. Game summoned 2 Moders and it was impossible to win. I had to craft like 400 arrows and 3 bows and it still wasnt enough. Getting body was near impossible. Just a shit show

Kenpachii

Started abusing the game swap features. You can just log out and log into another world and it always saves your location, and most importantly, you keep your inventory. So by doing this you can basically warp all your ore and materials without cheating. The method:

This is super rad, because the starting island on my current game has no swamp, so no iron ore. It is on another island pretty far away that is a large swamp with lots of crypts. I was contemplating mining everything off that swamp, lugging it over to the shore base, making a ship, and bringing it home. Instead I can do this!

I don't mind cheating tbh. I want to build a completely new base now that I have the stone cutter and stuff. This is a good way to get a lot of resources fast. Then I can get back to the mountains...

Just cheat then, why waste your time relogging.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Why does this game run so badly/inconsistent even at 1080p? Really annoying.

Come on, I can run Doom Eternal and CODWZ with higher settings/res better than this game does!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Warning: There are spoilers in this trailer for Valheim's Mistlands update.

Check out the trailer for Valheim's upcoming Mistlands biome update to see gameplay, including terrifying new creatures, enemies, and more. Mistlands is the first expansion on Valheim’s biome system with a bevy of brutal environmental additions, featuring new weapons, new creatures, building and crafting materials, and a new boss.

Valheim's Mistlands update is available now to try out in the game’s public test branch on both Steam and Microsoft Store.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I removed some stuff from the OT that was out of date. I haven't touched the game in a long while but will give it a go this week. I'll try to keep the OT updated. I might even rebuild it, as it is pretty dull.

Edit: OP updated

Last edited:

SCB3

I've had this since Launch and beat the first 2 bosses before dropping off, I kinda wanna restart as I loaded my cloud save ons Steam Deck and I have 0 idea what I was doing and some of my quality armor is missing or lost when I died maybe? who knows

Oh is it also cross play with Xbox?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I kind of have no clue what to so. I've gone the first boss but it says I need to offer something.

Wandered round, killed some stuff and that's a bar it.

I got wet and cold. Wet is just a timer. I just got the torch out to get warm. I couldn't see a fire to craft from branches. Is that right?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I kind of have no clue what to so. I've gone the first boss but it says I need to offer something.

Wandered round, killed some stuff and that's a bar it.

I got wet and cold. Wet is just a timer. I just got the torch out to get warm. I couldn't see a fire to craft from branches. Is that right?
Make a work bench, roof, bed, campfire.

And a hammer obviously.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Day 3. Built up my main base. 4 smaller distant outposts stocked with food and supplies, bed, workbenches. Crafted everything I can now except the raft.

Cant really take on skeletons yet.

Not sure what to do with boars after that hint about feeding them. Don't really know how that works.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Fuck it. Bought it. $16.

Feels like an alternate universe where Morrowind 2 happened, and they focused on gameplay and multiplayer instead of story. Its got issues but its extremely fun.

Josemayuste

I hope that this game releases on consoles soon, I have been following the game since it came out and it looks awesome.

Aaaaaaand bought it on Xbox as soon as it released, the game is beautiful, light on survival mechanics, but I find it highly engaging given its in depth exploration system (I love placing marks on the map manually) combat mechanics and crafting.

Its worth the wait.

Its only been 2 years of waiting

Animated GIF

Last edited:

Josemayuste

Well, progression system is a little bit slower than what I was expecting of, that said, I've already killed the first boss, some trolls here and there, in order to craft the troll hide armor, which I already have.

I've started the grind fest looking for cooper ore, and I have a copper pickaxe, and a copper sword after maybe, three/four hours of farming? LOL

Anyway, while the pace is sloooow, I keep being entertained and I can see myself easily playing this for hundred of hours.

It's a nice mix of Zelda BOTW, Souls, and some of your hundred survival games.

The combat system caught me offguard, stamina management, poise mechanics, stealth, and stuff, I like it, the art style is awesome, and the progression system through new biomes > new crafting recipes every time you find something new, has me intrigued in a way in which I find it leaning more towards an adventure kind of progression rather than your usual survival game.

To sum up, I'm enjoying it a lot, I'll keep posting about my deaths and finds LOL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom