• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valheim |OT| Explore, Build, Conquer, Craft, Survive, Cooperate (Added to GamePass 14/03)

martino

i've built a poor man version of this
22wl.png

Last edited:
So me and 2 buds are playing a lot. I'm the host. Is there a way they can play and work on the world seed without me? I tried giving them the seed code and it didn't work?

martino

So me and 2 buds are playing a lot. I'm the host. Is there a way they can play and work on the world seed without me? I tried giving them the seed code and it didn't work?
you need dedicated server.
it's possible to move a local seed

edit :it's possible to follow this not paying for dedicated server and using the dedicated valheim server app on your own PC or server
for example i used this docker image on a synology nas https://github.com/lloesche/valheim-server-docker

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Update from the devs, 6 million sold now.

Development news
Vikings! A little over six weeks has passed since the release of Valheim, and a lot has happened since. We have sold 6 million units and our community is steadily growing bigger and stronger, which is absolutely fantastic!

A lot of things are happening within Iron Gate too. We are still working from home, and although we miss our time together at the office, we’re not letting that slow us down! We are very honored to have gotten the opportunity to take part in several interviews, from podcasts and gaming newslets to Swedish television! It has been a hectic time, but worry not! We are of course still working on the game.

Our programmer has since launch worked hard (and still is) on high priority bugs and issues that have been reported by you players, for example networking issues and balance tweaks to our most evil bug, the Deathsquito! If you have any bugs to report, please do so here: https://valheimbugs.featureupvote.com/. There you can see what bugs we have fixed, and are working on!
(We are currently waiting for a Steam update from Valve before we push our next patch, thank you so much for your patience!)

A lot of you have reached out and asked about the road map. How’s “Hearth and Home” coming along? Much of our focus has been on play testing and bug fixing, but as things are calming down since launch, we can spend more time working on our first big update! Our lead artist even graciously provided a sneak peek:
62ac68b0bef9195f507338d86df159b3de32f94e.png

What do you think this could be?
We have a lot of exciting things planned for this update, and we have of course listened to your feedback and suggestions, and can barely wait until we can show you more.

Here is a picture of the team from our last Hearth and Home-meeting, going strong from our home offices. Have a fantastic weekend, and happy Ostara!
ee6a7b0c32ab454160e0a17526ca1e0980d3014e.png

The Elder is just too frustrating for me. It's putting me off the game. Still, 40 hours on a couple playthrough for $20 not bad. Will hop back in if they ever fix this cheap ass boss.

The Elder is just too frustrating for me. It's putting me off the game. Still, 40 hours on a couple playthrough for $20 not bad. Will hop back in if they ever fix this cheap ass boss.

A couple things that helped me.

He is very weak to fire and if you stay in the right range he will try to shoot roots at you over n over. And The 4 pillars at his sommon location block these and so far as i remember cannot be destroyed. You can hide behind one and peak out between his attacks and hit him with fire arrows. Its a bit cheesy but works.

Oh and you can also lay traps so to speak. Build a bunch of campfires and try to kite him into them lol

Last edited:
I had Troll gear, a round shield, a bronze axe, and a bronze Atgeir. Plus a lot of fire arrows. The Elder is definitely quite annoying, but -

If you managed to snag a sea serpent like I did, you can give yourself a massive amount of health and stamina for this fight. You really probably need stamina more than health, so carrot soup will also help. A good supply of tasty mead is recommended, plus some healing.

The key is to alternate kiting him to restore health and stamina, and wading in close to deal damage. The Atgeir's range and sweep attack make short work of the tentacles he sprouts from the ground, and it can deal quite significant damage to him by rolling past him as he stomps the ground when you approach, and laying into his back. And when you've had enough and need to withdraw, the four big pillars give plenty of cover from his thorn-tacles attack, and he's quite easy to set on fire with arrows and even the center fire bowl.
All in all he's not a massively difficult boss, but you do need to come prepared, and realize that you can't expect to just slug it out with him with the gear you have at that point.

Cool thanks for the advice! Feel like I finally got a handle on this.

I've got full bronze gear upgraded to 3 and 100 fire and flint arrows. My entire strategy was bared around fire arrows. I would shoot him with fire and try to keep him on fire that way. Turns out that was wrong =) It just triggered him to use that deadly attack over and over.

I don't know why I didn't try melee earlier. I guess I kept getting killed. I was trying to flame arrow kill him, running around the woods. You can sustain a lot of damage from up close, don't be afraid to get in there and bash away. Also I was using the pillars wrong. You have to stick close to them, and all of his attacks will miss you. Shooting arrows from behind these is a good idea.

When you get close he doesn't use his deadly spikey shards attack, and it is easier to dodge the tentacles. You can run up to the legs and swing away. I'm still dying and respawning to a nearby portal, but luckily he retains the damage. I'll be victorious soon!

Last edited:

pr0cs

After getting sucked into '7 days to die' I wanted another fun survival game and bit the bullet and jumped into valheim.
Great game thus far, needs some QoL improvements badly but the core game is a lot of fun.
I'm impressed that the game is only 500mb, I thought the download was b0rked, clearly you can make a great looking game with enough effort on the art style.

Sevenfold

After getting sucked into '7 days to die' I wanted another fun survival game and bit the bullet and jumped into valheim.
Great game thus far, needs some QoL improvements badly but the core game is a lot of fun.
I'm impressed that the game is only 500mb, I thought the download was b0rked, clearly you can make a great looking game with enough effort on the art style.
Does it not inflate in size as you play like Minecraft does? I only ask because I just checked and my install folder is just over a GB.

Been playing for a while and had no idea the install was so small :D

Kenpachii

New valheim patch notes:

Waahaa! This was a long one. Sorry for the delay, but we were waiting for a specific patch to the steam socket API, and it just went live today! (the fix in question is not listed in the steam changelog). I recommend you to make sure steam has updated to the "Mar 22 2021" version (Steam->Menu->Help->About Steam). Steam will of course automatically update itself to this version. Lots of big and small changes in this patch, some gameplay tweaks and some bug fixes.

NOTE: Don't forget to update your server as well.

* Campfire,Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage
* Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6x4
* All boss drops can now float on water
* Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck)
* Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands
* Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased
* 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix
* Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame)
* Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore
* Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument "-console" to enable)
* The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
* Improved enemy projectile reaction system
* Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier)
* Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies)
* Blackforest stone tower tweaks
* Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps)
* Comfort calculation fixed
* "Failed to connect" error message fixed
* Serpent trophy stack fix
* Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds "genloc" command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common)
* Megingjord item-collider fix
* Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
* Hammer remove auto-repeat added
* Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible)
* Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason)
* Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats
* Server list refresh button can be pressed before the entire list has been downloaded
* Better bad connection detection
* Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected
* Localization updates

Biggest problem so far with the patch, building and farming takes a lot more longer now because of the delay, i guess its to stop the game from desyncing and lagging out with multiplayer.

Not a big fan of renaming stuff for the sake of renaming.

Other then that not much useful fixes it seems.

Kenpachii

Does it not inflate in size as you play like Minecraft does? I only ask because I just checked and my install folder is just over a GB.

Been playing for a while and had no idea the install was so small :D

It's advertised as 1gb, with 400 hours of gameplay here its 1.03gb, however when i downloaded it it was something like 580mb i guess.

Sevenfold

It's advertised as 1gb, with 400 hours of gameplay here its 1.03gb, however when i downloaded it it was something like 580mb i guess.
Ah same as mine and I only have minor landscaping and modest outposts. Perhaps not then and honestly really impressive if that's the case!

Yeah I just started getting into potions. And farming. And bee keeping!

Also I'm starting another house. It's so much fun to build in this game. I can see why so many people like Minecraft.

Good food can also make a huge difference. Sausages should be a main part of your diet. Sausage, cooked meat, and a cooked neck tail i found to be a great combo as they are really easy to come by. You will have more entrails than youll know what to do with once you start to venture into the swamps lol

I took out Bonemass yesterday. It was really not that hard. If you drink a poison resistance potion he actually does very little damage. You just have to block his big attacks.

Also unlike the Elder, whenever he killed me it was easy to nude run in and grab my stuff. Took me a handful of attempts but luckily he retains the damage.

Onto the mountains! Brrr

Kenpachii

Anyway, after 13 attempts. i finally made it today.

5825d215a877966b5f1373aa2f8641c9.gif

Solo Hardcore Waldheim completed. My god it took some tries.

Hardcore = on a single death u delete the world and character. It was pretty brutal to get it done as i kept dying randomly from stupid stuff.

I changed up my tactics after constantly failing because i was just yoloing to much. I normally went for troll > iron > padded armor wise and frankly u could do that perfectl fine, but after 12 attempts and grinding 500 iron i got so tired of going into the swamp dragging that iron out of there and mining that i just couldn't bother with it anymore. I decided to change stuff up drastically where i moved from troll > copper > silver > padded. Sounds weird but will explain why below.

Tactics i applied which could be useful for other people. I changed my tactics every run because i wasn't getting successful.

General tips:

- Food is everything, armor is everything. Don't ever ever ever leave your base without having food rolling. And focus on both will result in a far better survival chance.
- Use armor and good food to chop tree's a tree can hit troll armor for about 55 hp if u got shit food rolling u are death, i always have 100 hp + atleast 30+ armor when i chop tree's. Otherwise be super super careful.
- skill levels really increase the dmg and stamina / run speed considerable. Dying = the worst stat reduction u can get. this is also why u want to focus on a single weapon for most content or two weapons at max. Don't play constantly with a different weapon.

Meadows:

1) First goal of me was to get 6 bee's at minimum 10 at best, could only find 7 so struggled a bit with honey for the game but was doable.
2) find copper mine, build your first which is also your only base in the entire run against it.
3) craft 1 troll armor, don't bother with anything else, 1 troll kill = full leather set armor wise.
4) food wise, meat from boars and deer, honey from bee's and lizard tails best food solution in meadows = 110 hp with good stamina
5) u can basically face tank the boss now he does no dmg on you, and u will kill him in about 20 seconds.
6) i used a club as club is by far the best weapon early game, i also craft straight away a flint axe as its leagues better then stone one for chopping tree's.

Black forest:

1 ) Goal here is to get your forge and upgrades for your base so basically farm copper and tin and basically prepare for the rest of the game

As black forest is basically the safest area in the game and u get can get really good gear out of it, i decided to stay longer in here and not skip bronze. As my base is straight next towards the mines i could simple mine it out really easy and get the following.

- Bronze armor set lvl 3 ( lots of armor at this stage, u are super tanky ), u just get to much dmg with troll armor, troll is good if u like to yolo it a bit more, i prefer to play it more safe.
- Troll cape lvl 2
- Bronze mace lvl 3 ( this will stay valid all the way to end game, don't even have to upgrade it to lvl 4, even wolfs will get 2 shit by it, because of your high skill level, u could stick with club but u will need to replace it for iron mace then ), as i wanted to skip iron i couldn't care much for that.
- Bronze Pickaxe lvl 3 ( super durability, and 2x the dmg output, makes copper farm so much more faster, easy repairable at location with a portal )
- Bronze axe lvl 3 ( end game axe, used it for the entire game, chops tree's with high skill level ( as u never die ) in 2 hits no need for any better one, worth it, also needed lvl 1 for fine wood )
- All building upgrades ( needed obviously )
- Enough copper for lvl 4 upgrades after getting iron as its locked behind iron.

2) Obviously u gotta collect those red cores u get out of caves, best way is to use mace or club with a shield and parry them, troll armor will do fine here and get as much cores as u want this way. Also keep collecting thistles and berry's all the way through as u will need them later on.

3) Food = boat.

Craft a boat, really important. Its cheap to make and its crucial, the moment u got the boat, your only goal now = to farm serpents in the night. U want to kill 2 of them or atleast 1 so u get access towards serpent stew which is incredible for low level. From now on this is your main food u use for anything that is dangerous and new content. with its stat of 80 health, 80 stam, 4 hp regen, it basically gives you tons of stamina hp regen and a big hp pool that absorbs a ton of dmg.

Only 1 serpant is enough, if u can get access towards 2 that would be great also obviously.

How to hunt serpants?
- make a finewood bow ( super easy to craft ) max level, get flintstone arrows as they do more dmg then wood, but wood is also fine.
- find one, shoot him until he's 40% hp then wait until he attacks your boat or does the animation and shoot him. It takes a while now for him to move away from you as he will flee at 30%.
- keep shooting he dies loot the meat and done.
- if he flee's see where he goes sail after him shoot him and done.
- take 10 wood with you so u can repair your boat on shores with a workbench and a hammer easily remotely. Serpants don't do a lot of dmg so don't worry about it your boat won't sink at all.

4) Start making poison bottles.

5) the elder

- craft 100/150 fire arrows ( takes about 70-80 arrows, use finewood bow lvl 4
- food = use serpent stew + meat ( or even lox meat as u can get it with your armor in plains and sniping around relatively easy ) + honey. 200 hp for you or 170hp lots of survival easy time.
- craft stamina potions + healing potions.
- Summon elder, shoot him with fire arrows from a distance, he stands behind a pillar u stand at the other pillar. he summons tentacles run to pillar that doesn't have tentacles, u block his ranged attack by standing behind the pillar.
Keep pumping the fire arrows when he gets close just run away from him, keep doing this for 5 minutes he's dead. Get swamp key done.

Done.

Swamp:

1) Food: use serpent meat, lox meat, meat ( if u didn't hunt lox, u can replace it with sausages once u kill a few draugr before that honey + poison resist, u are a tank now even in swamp. Don't underestimate swamp tho, 2 star ranged draugr can still do massive dmg on you. Be careful.

2) find meadows connect towards swamp with crypts. drop a portal in meadows with a chest + workbench near the water.

3) Go into the swamp bolt into a crypt > clear it out find a chain for forge or bnechmark upgrade can't remember i think a total of 5 chains are needed, loot bloods / entails from draugr as u need those later on your goal here is, to get iron. U need about 10 iron for boat, 2 for stone cutter, 20 for iron pickaxe and 4 for tool shelf, 20 for smith anvil.

in short u need about 50-60 iron also get ancient wood out of chests or cut a tree on your way back, easy to drop it in the portal chest near the water, in 3 runs, if u found vendor its 2 runs without a slow as cart u gotta drag forwards. Done with iron age for now.

4) Ship iron back to your base and melt it, craft the items, make a big boat done, make sausages and craft better potions, upgrade bronze armor to level 4, with the remaining copper u got. ( u will have now something like 48 armor ), craft frost potions.

5) Now if u didn't found the boss stone in that crypt ( i mostly get it out of the first crypt already ), just keep mining with your lvl 1 iron pickaxe and 3 bronze pickaxe into crypts with a portal until u find it, don't bother picking up iron as if you need iron later on u can easily go back loot everything on the floor etc.

6) user boat to sail to plains, where u can see lox walking around. Get off the ship with shield and mace equiped, whenever a deathsquito comes in, just slam it with your mace, if u can't block it so it blocks most of the dmg, otherwise use a bow, they have no hp to start with, with meat + sausages + serpant stew u will have tons of hp to migrate there dmg easily.

Snipe a few lox for a bit of meat and cook it at your base.

7) bonemass.

- Food/potion used : lox meat, serpant stew, suasuages = 220 hp or something, poison resist potion

use healing potion and stamina potions to recover you hp and get more energy to start hitting him. u can face tank him probably to 50% of his hp straight away. then walk around wait on potions to recover and go in again, u can use the skull to kite him this way ( skull = spawn of the bose building ). Its fairly easy to do. u now unlock, bonemass buff, and wishbone to detect silver. ( bronze 3 weapon is by far high enough dmg )

( done for now )

Mountain:

Goal here is to get upgraded gear for plains to farm goblin camps with to tank the endboss with and to get your final top end weapons for the end game while killing the boss.
Also find a huge mountain with a top as boss is mostly on it, easy way to find the boss.

1) Food, serpant stew + frost potion + lox meat + sausages + have potions ready like stamina + healing potions for when u fight tier 2 wolfs.

2) Get on the boat, search for meadows u can connect the boat against that is straight against a massive mountain so the cart travel is not far from the boat.

- take 30 wood with you, 5 stone, 10 dwarf eyes, 10 bronze nails, 20 fine wood and go up the mountain and detect the closest mine near the edge.
- then place portal, workbench, cart on the ground.

3) Your goal now is to farm the mines in day light ( night = port back + sleep until the next day ). Always keep food rolling. Once your cart is half full or if its really close towards the edge mostly full, u go down with it to your boat and load all the sliver in the boat. What silver u need is what u want to get at the end of the day.

4) Crafted items:

- silver sword ( best weapon in the game for last boss ), its super expensive silver wise so u can skip it for a black metal sword which will do fine also. I like to get silver sword because u can already start stacking up some skill levels with the sword before hitting end game which will also favor you and a upgrade is really needed at this point, the weapon shreds the last boss tho. ( basically u drop clubs now for a sword ).
- get shield max level
- get armor to whatever level u want, even base armor is fine enough, but its not much silver cost to get it to lvl 3 so why not.
- get enough silver for lvl 4 draugr fang bow. ( bis bow ), as u still have fine wood bow, u want lvl 4 for just the durability reasons.
- keep your troll back, there is no need to upgrade it here. ( we will upgrade to lox which also requires a bit of silver )

5) fights on the mountain. wolfs are easy to kill with a bow, if you mine u go down in the ground, which means wolfs will drop into it but get slowed drastically because of uneven ground to the point u can easily kill them. If a group dashes at you, instant bonemass and hit them hard, don't run. u got stam poitions etc its easy. once bonemass is on cooldown and u are not sure, u can leave mountain with portal > then chop some wood or do other stuff until its up again and go on the mountain again.

If u get ganked by a 2 star wolf, try to get higher up and use bonemass straight away+ healing potion, then slam him hard with your weapon or snipe him. That wolf is the only danger on the mountain but with bonemass + healing potion and good food its a joke.

6) find the 3 eggs on the mountain, every single game i played had 3 eggs around the boss summon stone located, so there is no need to drag eggs with you it seems like.

7) Go to the plains, farm lox meat + pelts which u will get naturally and most of all deathsquito's for needles arrows. Once u get a bunch of them, craft 100 needles, and craft 100 osidian arrows for backup.

8) Modor:

- Food : serpent stew, lox meat, sausages, frost resist potion, medium stamina + medium healing potions, 100 needle arrows, 100 obsidian arrows ( obsidian can by the way be ported with a portal )

Tactic here, new day, walk around the boss stone platform and see if there are mobs kill them. everything in the mountain can get killed in daylight with 1 arrow shot if they are not aggröed its really easy.

When u summon the boss, rain him down with arrows while walking side ways. It prevents him from hitting you. U can also roll if things get hairy. Rain him full of arrows, he will go down fast this way, once he gets on the ground he mostly bugs out anyway so just keep shooting him, once low on stam directly use a stam potion for full refill to rain more dmg., if yhou get hit and drop to 60% hp, use stamina potion. He's easy to kill this way.

Once death its end game now.

Plains:

1) Goal:

Get endgame food, get fire resist potions nothing else matters, get 5 totems nothing else matters.

- Padded armor, its good don't get me wrong it gives you more survival and its not a bad idea, but u will need to revisit the swamp to get some iron out of it, its about a 100 iron u gotta farm. However the end game boss isn't going to do much physical dmg and the goblins u will be sniping with either a bow or bonemass when shit goes wrong with potions. the armor isn't going to matter one bit.

- black metal, useless, silver shield upgraded is far enough for the plains also black metal shield costs chain = swamp again, and sword we already have, u can go for black metal sword if u want to skip the silver sword which is fine however why not just mine a bit more silver and get a far superior sword while at it.

black metal sword lvl 4 = 113 slash
silver sword level 1 = 105
silver sword level 2 = 116
silver sword level 4 = 138

2) Hunt a goblin camp, by standing far away and shoot arrows at the units so u can snipe them 1 by 1 until its empty. U can see with max draw distance if it has totems or flax/barley go for it if it does, skip it if doesn't. Make sure u always have bonemass up and never start a village / camp without bonemass being ready. Also use your strongest arrows ( preferable needles to kill goblins as u won't be using the bow on the end boss )

3) Once u get flax and barley, u can cultivate it super easily. no need to build anything. Just put a portal at the corner at the sea where u land with your ship, and cutivate the area infront of it, drop the plants in there and never look back. No need for walls or anything really. Just make sure when u check in on it that u arrive with good foods on and hp high with shield and sword active. U will be fine then. Nothing kills those plants really when u are away.

Building a huge farm with walls etc all useless.

4) once barley flower comes in, start building BIS food and do camps with it.

Bis food = Serpant stew, blood pudding, lox meat stew. ( 270 hp / metric ton of stamina with stamina poitoin its even more insane ).

5) craft fire resist potions.

6) Raid villages and towns until u got the totems. ( always in the daylight at the start of the day, never sit with plains in the night, and avoid all 2 star goblins snipe them let them never ever hit you they can crit for 140 hp, so have bonemass up no matter if its just one ).

Don't believe me?

d933866ac0b3d8b6f9b9f244ab00f68b.gif

7) locate bonemass,

- U can replace blood pudding with lox meat when u scout plains as blood puddings resources can be hard to get, for boss and villages use the food tho.
- look for a large stone hand that comes out of the ground, big plains mostly have them. Just run around in searching for it should be pretty obvious but can take time. Make sure u got a portal with you and workbench so u can bail out at night and resets the day.

8) bonemass.

The final fight.

- weapon : silver sword + shield
- gear whatever armor u have
- food: blood pudding, lox meat stew, serpent stew
- clear area out before u start
- have potions ready medium healing + medium stamina.

tactic:
Huge him and walk against him non stop, whever he starts to shoot his fireballs that do massive dmg on you and push you around, he will now hit himself with it and u won't get hit at all, u can basically melt him down.

( the green burn = spirit dmg from silver sword )

6bf64165aa2410164629d3f2bdaf8a4f.gif

As u can see his hp he will just burn down, he does barely any dmg on you and if u run out of stamina just use potion and a healing potion if he does hit you once or so.

The end.

Last edited:

martino

Anyway, after 13 attempts. i finally made it today.

5825d215a877966b5f1373aa2f8641c9.gif

Solo Hardcore Waldheim completed. My god it took some tries.

Hardcore = on a single death u delete the world and character. It was pretty brutal to get it done as i kept dying randomly from stupid stuff.

I changed up my tactics after constantly failing because i was just yoloing to much. I normally went for troll > iron > padded armor wise and frankly u could do that perfectl fine, but after 12 attempts and grinding 500 iron i got so tired of going into the swamp dragging that iron out of there and mining that i just couldn't bother with it anymore. I decided to change stuff up drastically where i moved from troll > copper > silver > padded. Sounds weird but will explain why below.

Tactics i applied which could be useful for other people. I changed my tactics every run because i wasn't getting successful.

General tips:

- Food is everything, armor is everything. Don't ever ever ever leave your base without having food rolling. And focus on both will result in a far better survival chance.
- Use armor and good food to chop tree's a tree can hit troll armor for about 55 hp if u got shit food rolling u are death, i always have 100 hp + atleast 30+ armor when i chop tree's. Otherwise be super super careful.
- skill levels really increase the dmg and stamina / run speed considerable. Dying = the worst stat reduction u can get. this is also why u want to focus on a single weapon for most content or two weapons at max. Don't play constantly with a different weapon.

Meadows:

1) First goal of me was to get 6 bee's at minimum 10 at best, could only find 7 so struggled a bit with honey for the game but was doable.
2) find copper mine, build your first which is also your only base in the entire run against it.
3) craft 1 troll armor, don't bother with anything else, 1 troll kill = full leather set armor wise.
4) food wise, meat from boars and deer, honey from bee's and lizard tails best food solution in meadows = 110 hp with good stamina
5) u can basically face tank the boss now he does no dmg on you, and u will kill him in about 20 seconds.
6) i used a club as club is by far the best weapon early game, i also craft straight away a flint axe as its leagues better then stone one for chopping tree's.

Black forest:

1 ) Goal here is to get your forge and upgrades for your base so basically farm copper and tin and basically prepare for the rest of the game

As black forest is basically the safest area in the game and u get can get really good gear out of it, i decided to stay longer in here and not skip bronze. As my base is straight next towards the mines i could simple mine it out really easy and get the following.

- Bronze armor set lvl 3 ( lots of armor at this stage, u are super tanky ), u just get to much dmg with troll armor, troll is good if u like to yolo it a bit more, i prefer to play it more safe.
- Troll cape lvl 2
- Bronze mace lvl 3 ( this will stay valid all the way to end game, don't even have to upgrade it to lvl 4, even wolfs will get 2 shit by it, because of your high skill level, u could stick with club but u will need to replace it for iron mace then ), as i wanted to skip iron i couldn't care much for that.
- Bronze Pickaxe lvl 3 ( super durability, and 2x the dmg output, makes copper farm so much more faster, easy repairable at location with a portal )
- Bronze axe lvl 3 ( end game axe, used it for the entire game, chops tree's with high skill level ( as u never die ) in 2 hits no need for any better one, worth it, also needed lvl 1 for fine wood )
- All building upgrades ( needed obviously )
- Enough copper for lvl 4 upgrades after getting iron as its locked behind iron.

2) Obviously u gotta collect those red cores u get out of caves, best way is to use mace or club with a shield and parry them, troll armor will do fine here and get as much cores as u want this way. Also keep collecting thistles and berry's all the way through as u will need them later on.

3) Food = boat.

Craft a boat, really important. Its cheap to make and its crucial, the moment u got the boat, your only goal now = to farm serpents in the night. U want to kill 2 of them or atleast 1 so u get access towards serpent stew which is incredible for low level. From now on this is your main food u use for anything that is dangerous and new content. with its stat of 80 health, 80 stam, 4 hp regen, it basically gives you tons of stamina hp regen and a big hp pool that absorbs a ton of dmg.

Only 1 serpant is enough, if u can get access towards 2 that would be great also obviously.

How to hunt serpants?
- make a finewood bow ( super easy to craft ) max level, get flintstone arrows as they do more dmg then wood, but wood is also fine.
- find one, shoot him until he's 40% hp then wait until he attacks your boat or does the animation and shoot him. It takes a while now for him to move away from you as he will flee at 30%.
- keep shooting he dies loot the meat and done.
- if he flee's see where he goes sail after him shoot him and done.
- take 10 wood with you so u can repair your boat on shores with a workbench and a hammer easily remotely. Serpants don't do a lot of dmg so don't worry about it your boat won't sink at all.

4) Start making poison bottles.

5) the elder

- craft 100/150 fire arrows ( takes about 70-80 arrows, use finewood bow lvl 4
- food = use serpent stew + meat ( or even lox meat as u can get it with your armor in plains and sniping around relatively easy ) + honey. 200 hp for you or 170hp lots of survival easy time.
- craft stamina potions + healing potions.
- Summon elder, shoot him with fire arrows from a distance, he stands behind a pillar u stand at the other pillar. he summons tentacles run to pillar that doesn't have tentacles, u block his ranged attack by standing behind the pillar.
Keep pumping the fire arrows when he gets close just run away from him, keep doing this for 5 minutes he's dead. Get swamp key done.

Done.

Swamp:

1) Food: use serpent meat, lox meat, meat ( if u didn't hunt lox, u can replace it with sausages once u kill a few draugr before that honey + poison resist, u are a tank now even in swamp. Don't underestimate swamp tho, 2 star ranged draugr can still do massive dmg on you. Be careful.

2) find meadows connect towards swamp with crypts. drop a portal in meadows with a chest + workbench near the water.

3) Go into the swamp bolt into a crypt > clear it out find a chain for forge or bnechmark upgrade can't remember i think a total of 5 chains are needed, loot bloods / entails from draugr as u need those later on your goal here is, to get iron. U need about 10 iron for boat, 2 for stone cutter, 20 for iron pickaxe and 4 for tool shelf, 20 for smith anvil.

in short u need about 50-60 iron also get ancient wood out of chests or cut a tree on your way back, easy to drop it in the portal chest near the water, in 3 runs, if u found vendor its 2 runs without a slow as cart u gotta drag forwards. Done with iron age for now.

4) Ship iron back to your base and melt it, craft the items, make a big boat done, make sausages and craft better potions, upgrade bronze armor to level 4, with the remaining copper u got. ( u will have now something like 48 armor ), craft frost potions.

5) Now if u didn't found the boss stone in that crypt ( i mostly get it out of the first crypt already ), just keep mining with your lvl 1 iron pickaxe and 3 bronze pickaxe into crypts with a portal until u find it, don't bother picking up iron as if you need iron later on u can easily go back loot everything on the floor etc.

6) user boat to sail to plains, where u can see lox walking around. Get off the ship with shield and mace equiped, whenever a deathsquito comes in, just slam it with your mace, if u can't block it so it blocks most of the dmg, otherwise use a bow, they have no hp to start with, with meat + sausages + serpant stew u will have tons of hp to migrate there dmg easily.

Snipe a few lox for a bit of meat and cook it at your base.

7) bonemass.

- Food/potion used : lox meat, serpant stew, suasuages = 220 hp or something, poison resist potion

use healing potion and stamina potions to recover you hp and get more energy to start hitting him. u can face tank him probably to 50% of his hp straight away. then walk around wait on potions to recover and go in again, u can use the skull to kite him this way ( skull = spawn of the bose building ). Its fairly easy to do. u now unlock, bonemass buff, and wishbone to detect silver. ( bronze 3 weapon is by far high enough dmg )

( done for now )

Mountain:

Goal here is to get upgraded gear for plains to farm goblin camps with to tank the endboss with and to get your final top end weapons for the end game while killing the boss.
Also find a huge mountain with a top as boss is mostly on it, easy way to find the boss.

1) Food, serpant stew + frost potion + lox meat + sausages + have potions ready like stamina + healing potions for when u fight tier 2 wolfs.

2) Get on the boat, search for meadows u can connect the boat against that is straight against a massive mountain so the cart travel is not far from the boat.

- take 30 wood with you, 5 stone, 10 dwarf eyes, 10 bronze nails, 20 fine wood and go up the mountain and detect the closest mine near the edge.
- then place portal, workbench, cart on the ground.

3) Your goal now is to farm the mines in day light ( night = port back + sleep until the next day ). Always keep food rolling. Once your cart is half full or if its really close towards the edge mostly full, u go down with it to your boat and load all the sliver in the boat. What silver u need is what u want to get at the end of the day.

4) Crafted items:

- silver sword ( best weapon in the game for last boss ), its super expensive silver wise so u can skip it for a black metal sword which will do fine also. I like to get silver sword because u can already start stacking up some skill levels with the sword before hitting end game which will also favor you and a upgrade is really needed at this point, the weapon shreds the last boss tho. ( basically u drop clubs now for a sword ).
- get shield max level
- get armor to whatever level u want, even base armor is fine enough, but its not much silver cost to get it to lvl 3 so why not.
- get enough silver for lvl 4 draugr fang bow. ( bis bow ), as u still have fine wood bow, u want lvl 4 for just the durability reasons.
- keep your troll back, there is no need to upgrade it here. ( we will upgrade to lox which also requires a bit of silver )

5) fights on the mountain. wolfs are easy to kill with a bow, if you mine u go down in the ground, which means wolfs will drop into it but get slowed drastically because of uneven ground to the point u can easily kill them. If a group dashes at you, instant bonemass and hit them hard, don't run. u got stam poitions etc its easy. once bonemass is on cooldown and u are not sure, u can leave mountain with portal > then chop some wood or do other stuff until its up again and go on the mountain again.

If u get ganked by a 2 star wolf, try to get higher up and use bonemass straight away+ healing potion, then slam him hard with your weapon or snipe him. That wolf is the only danger on the mountain but with bonemass + healing potion and good food its a joke.

6) find the 3 eggs on the mountain, every single game i played had 3 eggs around the boss summon stone located, so there is no need to drag eggs with you it seems like.

7) Go to the plains, farm lox meat + pelts which u will get naturally and most of all deathsquito's for needles arrows. Once u get a bunch of them, craft 100 needles, and craft 100 osidian arrows for backup.

8) Modor:

- Food : serpent stew, lox meat, sausages, frost resist potion, medium stamina + medium healing potions, 100 needle arrows, 100 obsidian arrows ( obsidian can by the way be ported with a portal )

Tactic here, new day, walk around the boss stone platform and see if there are mobs kill them. everything in the mountain can get killed in daylight with 1 arrow shot if they are not aggröed its really easy.

When u summon the boss, rain him down with arrows while walking side ways. It prevents him from hitting you. U can also roll if things get hairy. Rain him full of arrows, he will go down fast this way, once he gets on the ground he mostly bugs out anyway so just keep shooting him, once low on stam directly use a stam potion for full refill to rain more dmg., if yhou get hit and drop to 60% hp, use stamina potion. He's easy to kill this way.

Once death its end game now.

Plains:

1) Goal:

Get endgame food, get fire resist potions nothing else matters, get 5 totems nothing else matters.

- Padded armor, its good don't get me wrong it gives you more survival and its not a bad idea, but u will need to revisit the swamp to get some iron out of it, its about a 100 iron u gotta farm. However the end game boss isn't going to do much physical dmg and the goblins u will be sniping with either a bow or bonemass when shit goes wrong with potions. the armor isn't going to matter one bit.

- black metal, useless, silver shield upgraded is far enough for the plains also black metal shield costs chain = swamp again, and sword we already have, u can go for black metal sword if u want to skip the silver sword which is fine however why not just mine a bit more silver and get a far superior sword while at it.

black metal sword lvl 4 = 113 slash
silver sword level 1 = 105
silver sword level 2 = 116
silver sword level 4 = 138

2) Hunt a goblin camp, by standing far away and shoot arrows at the units so u can snipe them 1 by 1 until its empty. U can see with max draw distance if it has totems or flax/barley go for it if it does, skip it if doesn't. Make sure u always have bonemass up and never start a village / camp without bonemass being ready. Also use your strongest arrows ( preferable needles to kill goblins as u won't be using the bow on the end boss )

3) Once u get flax and barley, u can cultivate it super easily. no need to build anything. Just put a portal at the corner at the sea where u land with your ship, and cutivate the area infront of it, drop the plants in there and never look back. No need for walls or anything really. Just make sure when u check in on it that u arrive with good foods on and hp high with shield and sword active. U will be fine then. Nothing kills those plants really when u are away.

Building a huge farm with walls etc all useless.

4) once barley flower comes in, start building BIS food and do camps with it.

Bis food = Serpant stew, blood pudding, lox meat stew. ( 270 hp / metric ton of stamina with stamina poitoin its even more insane ).

5) craft fire resist potions.

6) Raid villages and towns until u got the totems. ( always in the daylight at the start of the day, never sit with plains in the night, and avoid all 2 star goblins snipe them let them never ever hit you they can crit for 140 hp, so have bonemass up no matter if its just one ).

Don't believe me?

d933866ac0b3d8b6f9b9f244ab00f68b.gif

7) locate bonemass,

- U can replace blood pudding with lox meat when u scout plains as blood puddings resources can be hard to get, for boss and villages use the food tho.
- look for a large stone hand that comes out of the ground, big plains mostly have them. Just run around in searching for it should be pretty obvious but can take time. Make sure u got a portal with you and workbench so u can bail out at night and resets the day.

8) bonemass.

The final fight.

- weapon : silver sword + shield
- gear whatever armor u have
- food: blood pudding, lox meat stew, serpent stew
- clear area out before u start
- have potions ready medium healing + medium stamina.

tactic:
Huge him and walk against him non stop, whever he starts to shoot his fireballs that do massive dmg on you and push you around, he will now hit himself with it and u won't get hit at all, u can basically melt him down.

( the green burn = spirit dmg from silver sword )

6bf64165aa2410164629d3f2bdaf8a4f.gif

As u can see his hp he will just burn down, he does barely any dmg on you and if u run out of stamina just use potion and a healing potion if he does hit you once or so.

The end.
Huge respect i don't see myself trying to finish this game without dying

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Cute mini-tweak patch =)

* Localization updates
* Added separate walk-sneak snow footstep sfx
* Music update ( fixed some sound glitches )
* Credits updated ( Changed the look of the credits screen & added missing names )
* Hammer,Hoe & Cultivator timing & input tweaks ( Slightly lower use delay & queued button presses for a smoother experience...just for you )

Repo Man

Ventured to the plains in the weekend, didn't go well! just about managed with the fuelings until a 1-star showed up and put me and the missus in our place. Gonna kill 3rd boss next and get silvered up in the mountains before going to plains again. The longboat is the utter business though! Absolutely love sailing that bad boy, it's so snappy and quick!

Hah yeah i accidentally wandered into the plains and promptly lost all the gear i spent hours grinding for.

The only thing that sucks is that if you put down your base in an area and mine the hell out of it, then lose all your stuff, you don't have anything to mine anymore.

I've hit all the Crypts in the swamp on my island, there is nothing left. When that happens you kind of have to go off on another island and start a new life. I'm almost tempted to restart a new game all over again tbh.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Hah yeah i accidentally wandered into the plains and promptly lost all the gear i spent hours grinding for.

The only thing that sucks is that if you put down your base in an area and mine the hell out of it, then lose all your stuff, you don't have anything to mine anymore.

I've hit all the Crypts in the swamp on my island, there is nothing left. When that happens you kind of have to go off on another island and start a new life. I'm almost tempted to restart a new game all over again tbh.

Make a raft which u can do with a hammer and sail back to get your items back, make sure it mark your corpse on the map.

Also make another bow, and shoot those flying insects down, they have almost no hp.

Last edited:
Started abusing the game swap features. You can just log out and log into another world and it always saves your location, and most importantly, you keep your inventory. So by doing this you can basically warp all your ore and materials without cheating. The method:

This is super rad, because the starting island on my current game has no swamp, so no iron ore. It is on another island pretty far away that is a large swamp with lots of crypts. I was contemplating mining everything off that swamp, lugging it over to the shore base, making a ship, and bringing it home. Instead I can do this!

I don't mind cheating tbh. I want to build a completely new base now that I have the stone cutter and stuff. This is a good way to get a lot of resources fast. Then I can get back to the mountains...

Last edited:
Top Bottom