• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valiant Comics (Beginner's Guide) |OT| Out of the trash bin and into your hands.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Next up Faith and the future force for more Neela goodness

i'm actually not sure what to read next:

-Ninjak looks real spy/action fun

-Imperium looks excellent, as all of Dysart's Harbingers work has been

-Book of Death is also queued up, but I don't know if I'm there yet. I think I need to read Imperium first as Livewire will be in that, and then see what she's up to in BoD

Neela is bae

i'm actually not sure what to read next:

-Ninjak looks real spy/action fun

-Imperium looks excellent, as all of Dysart's Harbingers work has been

-Book of Death is also queued up, but I don't know if I'm there yet. I think I need to read Imperium first as Livewire will be in that, and then see what she's up to in BoD

Livewire doesn't really have a huge role in BoD, and I think neither of the events of Imperium and BoD spill over into each other. You'd be fine with reading either first.

All of those are great, just depends on what you want right now

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Thanks! I have another question:

I only read the first 2 volumes of Archer & Armstrong, which gave me some background on the Anni-Paddi bros, The Null & Kay McHenry.

Am I missing any big pieces of Valiant lore in the other volumes?

Also this redhead in Ninjak #1 - she becomes important right? I think I saw her in some promo art.

caliph95

I only read the first 2 volumes of Archer & Armstrong, which gave me some background on the Anni-Paddi bros, The Null & Kay McHenry.

Also this redhead in Ninjak #1 - she becomes important right? I think I saw her in some promo art.
About the redhead

I'll just say yes for Ninjak

yeah, there are a few things that are established in Archer & Armstrong that eventually grow into something else in other books. I would say none of them are hugely important though, since they usually just stand on their own as concepts.

arkon

How has Harbinger Renegades been? I've stalled on comics reading this year so I'm way behind on my Valiant books but I figured I'd pick some up before the comixology sale ends. I've been wanting to see what was going on with Peter, Kris and the rest so yeah Harbinger was way up there on the list.

How has Harbinger Renegades been? I've stalled on comics reading this year so I'm way behind on my Valiant books but I figured I'd pick some up before the comixology sale ends. I've been wanting to see what was going on with Peter, Kris and the rest so yeah Harbinger was way up there on the list.

It's been pretty good. Not as good as the Dysart series, but good. The worst bit of it is the art. It fits in some moments, but it's a real eyesore in others. It's definitely worth reading if you're invested in the characters. I think the writing is mostly great.

Vic_Viper

With Eternity coming out in 2 weeks, can I just read the 3 Divinity series before reading it? Ive been reading Ninjak, Bloodshot Reborn, and the new XO books and I dont think ill be get to any of the other series or events (aside from The Valiant and maybe the Book of Death) anytime soon. Is Eternity meant to be a new entry point?

With Eternity coming out next week, can I just read the 3 Divinity series before reading it? Ive been reading Ninjak, Bloodshot Reborn, and the new XO books and I dont think ill be get to any of the other series or events (aside from The Valiant and maybe the Book of Death) anytime soon. Is Eternity meant to be a new entry point?

Yep. You'll be more than fine reading Divinity.

Top Bottom