• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria: Azure Revolution now also coming to PS Vita, due out in Japan 1/29/17

Takao

Banned
New trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0MeuPLXGcU

Valkyria: Azure Revolution will launch for PlayStation 4 for 7,990 yen in Japan on January 19, Sega announced. A PS Vita version is also in development and will launch for 6,990 yen on the same day.

First-print copies of the game will include a product code to download “Judgment Chapter: Vanargand Formation,” a fully-voiced additional story add-on set the day before the game’s main story.

The latest demo of the game will be playable and a new trailer will debut at the Tokyo Game Show, which runs from September 15 to 18. Attendees will receive a download code for the “Battle Demo Ver. 2.0” as a present for playing.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/08/valkyria...-ps-vita-january-19-japan#xWx2pTrSEP04om65.99

Extremely rare example of Vita getting a late announcement for a game. Given Media Vision's success with developing Digimon and Summon Night 6 on these two, it was really weird this wasn't on Vita in the first place.

Zhao_Yun

Good to hear that there will be a Vita Version, although it will probably never see the Western shores.
I am also curious on how they changed the combat system since the impressions were really bad after the demo they released with the VC1 Remaster.

Good to hear that there will be a Vita Version, although it will probably never see the Western shores.
I am also curious on how they changed the combat system since the impressions were really bad after the demo they released with the VC1 Remaster.

With SEGATLUS I think we'll see it digitally at least. They haven't completely given up on the Vita

Aters

Enjoyed all three VC games, I want to get optimistic this time. I really do. But this game seems to be on the way to pure dogshit.

zeromcd73

Initial demo was trash but I still want to have hope. Also if the game turns out to be good, hope the addition of the PSV version doesn't downgrade the initial graphics of the PS4 version in anyway.

Tizoc

Thaaaaaaaaat doesnt sound so good for the ps4 release >_>;
Or i am over reacting on there being a downgrade

Thaaaaaaaaat doesnt sound so good for the ps4 release >_>;
Or i am over reacting on there being a downgrade

This was never going to be a looker.
You can also down port games to Vita without compromising the PS4 version

I would be more worried about the Vita port being an unoptimized mess

Oregano

Wow that's actually really cool of them to do that and an interesting development in light of Japanese console sales.

It'll be interesting to see how it actually works from a software performance perspective though.

Pooya

demo looked like a uprez Vita game, it's not like they're holding back the potential of the game anyways. might as well.

redcrayon

Interesting. Seems unusual for the Vita port to be announced so late, that seems like something that would have been decided fairly early considering how popular the Vita is in Japan.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Maybe developers aren't that confident on the ps4 sales performance.
Goog news in any case, i hope it will run well on vita.

Ryan95

I fear by the time this will come out (or it's better to say "could", I don't know if VC remaster was succesful enough to convince them of localizazing this) , the chances the Vita version will come here are very slim. But I'd be intersetd in buying it if it happened

Shin-chan

I get the feeling this game will suck and kill the Valkyria franchise for good.
Well it was dead before so ... no change?

I hope Atlus is given this game for localisation - shockingly that actually improves its chances of seeing a quick European release now that Deep Silver has taken over things and Sega Europe continues being worthless.

Varth

Woah, out of nowhere. Will import for Vita given we have no hope of getting it in the West.

Sez who? I DO have hope, given its a project born out of the hype for the results of the port in the WEST.

And the changes made after the demo seem encouraging. Theres supposed to be a new demo soon, right?

You know what makes this even weirder.

Media Vision (developing this game) also worked on Shining Resonance for SEGA which was PS3-only, despite their experience with the Vita (and the history of the IP on PSP).

Seems a strange change of pace to bring this one to Vita and not that.

raven777

CqyGWjeVMAAZxs8.jpg:large

Why is everyone doubting the Vita version for the west? Atlus is releasing a PS3 game in 2017. SEGA just release Project Diva X physically for Vita.

If it comes there's no reason to skip Vita, even if it's digital only

I think Deep Silver are responsible for that now.
Not for the Americas. Deep Silver is Europe, and not for all SEGA titles

Aters

Vita ?!! Why not make it multiplat (PX, PS4, XB1) from the start ?

Because XB1 owners won't give a shit? Are people still surprised that a Japanese game doesn't get XB1 port? I think it will be ported to PC at some point given how well VC did on Steam though.

Shahed

Vita ?!! Why not make it multiplat (PX, PS4, XB1) from the start ?
They are making a Vita port because they don't think the audience on PS4 is big enough. If that's the case why would they bother with an Xbox One port? There's a reason so many Japanese games are skipping it. Steam makes more sense, Heck even a late NX port.

Why is everyone doubting the Vita version for the west? Atlus is releasing a PS3 game in 2017. SEGA just release Project Diva X physically for Vita.

Heh I'm still waiting for Phantasy Star Nova...

I can understand why people are skeptical, but I agree with you - if it's coming across I believe SEGA will bring the Vita version too, though probably digital-only.

18-Volt

If it were up to SEGA I'd be worried about localization of Vita version. But now Atlus is in charge, both definitely will be coming here. Stranger things have happened when Atlus took over the localization duties of SEGA, namely we got a 7th Dragon game in west.

Hype!

Kyoufu

Sega realised the poor reception the demo got meant low PS4 sales so now they're hoping Vita makes up for it.

You're not fooling me, Sega!

cireza

Banned
Vita has such a big install base in Japan, it makes sense not to neglect it when you can release a decent Vita version of your game.

Top Bottom