Valkyria Chronicle 4 demo released on Japanise PSN store

The PlayStation 4 demo for Valkyria Chronicles 4 is now available via the Japanese PlayStation Store. It weighs in at 5.3 gigabytes.
The demo will let you play from the beginning of the game up until the second chapter of the main scenario, and its save data can be imported into the full release when it launches. If play the demo until the end, you will be able to take on an extra mission based around the new “Grenadier” class.

Anyone downloading to check it ? Please share some impressions :)
As much as I'm crazy excited for this game, I wont be downloading the demo because I want go in to the game completely blind but I would still love to hear some impression.
It's the first 2 chapters of the game as a demo and the save data carries over to the retail version. But if you're not buying the JP version then stay away from this.
I'm not sure if I should be linking to this but since it seems that my posts are being vetted by moderators before they're published anyway: My play report of the demo is up on Frontline Gaming Japan.

I'm fluent in Japanese and did clear 2. I got halfway through and quit 3 several times as it didn't really click with me gameplay-wise (I did find it to be better than 2 though), and cleared Azure Revolution.

4 is nothing like them. Like I wrote in that article: From what's in the demo, it feels like this is a straight up extension of 1's gameplay. There's a bunch of balance changes that make it so that the old scout tactics don't work as well too (not that they don't work at all, just not as well). The new grenadier class is great fun too.
Last edited:
I can't wait for this game, I'm a huge fan of the series and personally find this to be the "go too" series for Sega even though it hasn't been handled the way it should be. Still hoping for a VC3 remaster/ localization one day although I know it can be done on the PSP through a fan localization but heres to hoping for a North American release date soon for VC4.