• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 - Pre-TGS discussion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Diablos said:
If it ends up being a PS3 game, I'll be as excited for it as I was FFXIII and currently am for Dead Rising 2. *drool*

@_@

Oh no, red alert!!!

KingHenrik30 said:
Option 3 - a game based around Alicia, Welkin, Avan and Jan going to the beach

Why no love for Marion, Cosette, and Zeri?

androvsky

badcrumble said:
What's more likely?

A semi-fantastical portrayal of a clear analogue to the first World War, complete with the incredible levels of brutal mechanized warfare and chemical weaponry that WWI was known for. Dulce et decorum est pro Valkyria mori.

or

A recruitable catgirl.

The way the series is, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we got both.

B.K.

I guess Valkyria 2 didn't sell enough. Valkyria 3 is a PSP game.

ULBXa.jpg

Sega making dumb decisions is like my dog shitting on the rug. I don't want them to do it but you know it's bound to happen because they have a brain the size of a walnut. You can't get mad at them cause like a dumb dog... they just don't know any better.

OldJadedGamer said:
Sega making dumb decisions is like my dog shitting on the rug. I don't want them to do it but you know it's bound to happen because they have a brain the size of a walnut. You can't get mad at them cause like a dumb dog... they just don't know any better.

What makes you think it's a dumb decision from their point of view? VC2 clearly had a much smaller budge then VC1 and most likely gave them a bigger profit.

Salaadin

It might not be the decision a lot of you wanted but its right for them.

And by all means, buy a PSP. For a dead system that a lot of people hate, its pretty awesome. This year alone is killer for it with Lunar, MGS, Ys7, VC2, and Ys:OiF. Get one cheap and you can enjoy VC3 with the rest of us.

Metalmurphy said:
What makes you think it's a dumb decision from their point of view? VC2 clearly had a much smaller budge then VC1 and most likely gave them a bigger profit.

On a merely speculative point of view, with the current PS3 user base and piss poor PSP sales in the west a PS3 version seem more profitable.

Lain

VC3 should have gone back to home consoles, where it could have looked and sounded better, with full dialogues and dual voice!
I'm not gonna stop my love for the series and will pick it up if it's a good game (and gets localized), but really, it should have gone back to home consoles.

Colocho

Banned
BomberMouse said:
On a merely speculative point of view, with the current PS3 user base and piss poor PSP sales in the west a PS3 version seem more profitable.
Sure, but on an also speculative point a PS3 VC could have 10 times the budget of a PSP VC and only sell, let's say 5 times more than a PSP VC so in theory, a PSP version could probably be not a decision as I'm guessing they did the studies and such and came to the verdict that a PSP version is more profitable, or else they would have obviously made it for the PS3.

BomberMouse said:
I think the point is: Sega doesn't expect this franchise to sell well at all.

iammeiam

On the one hand, I hate this as somebody who's spent VC2 missing a lot of the components of VC1 the PSP can't handle (large continuous battle maps!), or that were swapped out for more portable friendly gameplay concepts (bite-sized missions in great quantity vs a streamlined set of more time-consuming objectives.)

On the other hand, I'm morbidly curious to see how many games it takes for Sega to decide there's no VC audience in the west. PSP is dead in the US, and some component of the VC1 audience didn't make the leap to 2 because they had no interest in the PSP. They may have been matched by people with a PSP who didn't have a PS3 for the first game. But when the third rolls around, it's not going to have that potential untapped market, so I could see the third game tanking in at least the US.

Although I'm loving the PSP VC2, I'm still letdown by this news since I wanted to see VC in its true form on the PS3. :(

I'm still buying VC3 but still wish it was on the PS3.

gogogow

I find it a strange decision to put VC3 on the PSP. First SEGA created the Canvas engine for the PS3 and used it for only 1 game (waste of money). The game sold 141k in Japan. The Best version sold 82k. That is a really good number for a Best version in Japan, the 4th best selling budget title after established franchises like CODMW, MGS4 and MnG5. That only means people are interested in the series and is getting more attention from gamers. This was even before the anime was launched in Japan. I think and it's likely that if a VC2 did came out on the PS3 it would do around 200k (and this would've been after the PS3 slim launch).

Then VC2 was released for the PSP, after the anime, it only sold 153k. And not to mention close to zero sales in the west. The audience is cleary not there, but still, SEGA decides to release VC3 on the PSP.

Eiji

Damn, I wanted to play VC3 in glorious 1080p on my 60" but now I have to settle for 272p on 4.3" :(

f**k PSP tv-out...

DMPrince said:
Maybe since the dialogue is so bad they'll just convert this into a monster hunter clone :lol.

EDIT: Oh gosh, i had to be on top of the thread.
please be true please be true. any news other than psp?

Quixzlizx

FUCKING JAPANESE GAMING. LOW BUDGET, HIGH GRINDING.

Maybe the Sonic Team can use the CANVAS engine to complete the insult, since it's just going to rot otherwise.

AleeN634

hamchan said:
VC3 on PSP is better than no VC at all.

Depends on which direction they're going to take with this one. I could do without the obvious anime tropes and certificate grinding.

I love VC but sometimes I feel Sega treats me like this:

nwyn3o.gif

stupei

hamchan said:
VC3 on PSP is better than no VC at all.

You're right, of course. Any complaints about the story aren't inherent to platform and could show up in a PS3 version just as easily as they could be fixed on PSP.

People are upset because of the graphics, just as in most instances of platform complaints. Like DQIX, like Epic Mickey, like a million games before.

Quixzlizx said:
FUCKING JAPANESE GAMING. LOW BUDGET, HIGH GRINDING.

Maybe the Sonic Team can use the CANVAS engine to complete the insult, since it's just going to rot otherwise.
Does it really cost that much to just re-use the VC1 engine and just make another game out of it?

I don't get it. I would think if the engine is already in place than making another game wouldn't be that much of a problem whether it's budget-wise or anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom