• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - First Footage of Switch-version

This looks pretty damn good. I have all my VC stuff on Playstation but pretty tempted to have it on the go, doesnt look like graphically its much worse for ware.

KiteGr

The main problem with Valkyria Chronicles 4 is Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3 (especially 3).

As it is right now, this game is missing installments, and this can easily hurt sales and adoption from new and even existing audience.
How many times have you skipped a franchise because of a high number on it's tittle, and you felt that starting from that you would be missing out plot points previews installments? Capcom was smart enough not to put a number on Monster Hunter 5, and go to special lengths to clarify that "This is a new beginning" and that "This has nothing to do with previews installments" despite the fact that Monster Hunter games barely had any story to begin with. Even Bioware with ME Andromeda, despite how bad this ended up being, knew that they've got to create new starting points here and there for new players to jump in!
In Valkyria Chronicles 4:
  • Is as late as the 4th installment. Even if the story is unconnected, the average player doesn't know it.
  • Two previews installments where cheap portable tittles. This would make anyone doubt their quality.
  • The two previews installments are now hardly accessible, if any at all! With Sony's Portable department being abandoned and all.
  • The third installment is impossible to play through legal means. I can't believe how stupid they where not bringing it to the west.
  • The series didn't get a good adoption to begin with! Lets face it! VC1 was not a commercial success and it's re-release on PS4 didn't build any hype or fix it's most glaring issues (ex. the broken Scouts). Then we had the fiasco with the series going portable. Then we had the second fiasco with the third game no reaching the west. This series as it is now is the very definition of the word "Niche"!
As much as I loved these games, VC4 is gona need a miracle to sell decently.

Z3M0G

They burned that bridge with the previous game... they called this one "4" because there was an outcry for a proper sequal. And they want to be clear that is what this is.

tbh i was expecting more improvements to the gameplay than whats been done. i really enjoyed VC1, but VC4 really just feels like VC1 with new maps/skills/etc and an added class.

Z3M0G

tbh i was expecting more improvements to the gameplay than whats been done. i really enjoyed VC1, but VC4 really just feels like VC1 with new maps/skills/etc and an added class.
The game is still a huge risk. If it is successful and sells a lot, expect them to step things up next time. This game is still a litmus test.

noqtic

Might have to go look up footage of the PS4 if there is some, because almost nothing was shown in that short video and that shadow over the screen wasn't helping either,

Not sure how you guys can tell it looks great....

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I wonder if Switch version will have this PE:

TS90dKd.jpg

That'll be instant buy for me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
God damn that premium edition looks gooooood. I definitely getting this.......that is if they make it available in Canada as well.

Top Bottom