• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 releases on September 25 in N. America, Europe, Australia.

Gander

Banned
I know I'm behind in my games but when did they get to 4? Jeez better go ahead finish the first one

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm there Day One. Everything I've seen for this game so far matches what I'd expect out of a sequel.

I know I'm behind in my games but when did they get to 4? Jeez better go ahead finish the first one
Valkyria Chronicles 2 was PSP-only and wasn't as well received. The maps were smaller and the story didn't take itself as seriously. VC3 is Japan-only.

YESSS earlier than I expected, this takes some of the financial pain out of October! VC2 wasn't horrible btw, it wasn't what the original was and the story reflected of like a high school setting. The game overall though was fun to play on the go, put alot of time in during my long commutes on public transit at the time. Also a reminder for all the die hards out there, dont forget to pre-order this.

pmoO4p8.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
YESSS earlier than I expected, this takes some of the financial pain out of October! VC2 wasn't horrible btw, it wasn't what the original was and the story reflected of like a high school setting. The game overall though was fun to play on the go, put alot of time in during my long commutes on public transit at the time. Also a reminder for all the die hards out there, dont forget to pre-order this.

pmoO4p8.jpg
Already did. I want that tank!!!:love:

KiteGr

They should not print many copies.
The way they make the two in-between installments so hard to access, they kinda screwed the franchise.

Man, I am legitimately gonna go broke this fall. There are so many games I want to play but I'll have to wait on some of these to go on sale next year.

That being said, VC4 will be day one. I've been waiting for a proper console sequel to VC1 for SO long and now it's finally here.

Mibuokami

Hell yea! For once in a very very long time I am going to be pre-ordering and the limited edition to boot.

I want to encourage Sega as much as possible to continue this franchise. Heck I am probably going to get this game at least twice (PS4 and Switch) since I have VC1 on PS3, PS4 and PC....

sublimit

Banned
It will be very hard getting all the games that i want in September...especially since i want the CE of both DQXI and VC4. At least the CE of VC4 has a reasonable price...

Tbone3336

Gold Member
Order the Memoirs from Battle Edition from Amazon. Really looking forward to the snow and winter theme of this story as well. Love replaying VC 1 multiple time and ready for something new to the story.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
67NFHyo.jpg

Hmm, no thanks. XC2 Collector's Edition cost 2K less and has much more interesting stuff.

1f3w3OB.jpg

You can't compete with that, SEGA, and even 6K RUB is just way too much for such a poor collector's edition in terms of physical content... like 4K way too much.

Durask

Played the demo (PS4) - very happy. Can't wait for the full game.
I was tempted to buy the Special Edition but then remembered all the special editions of various older games gathering dust in my basement (or sold on Ebay for half the original price) and decided to get the download instead.

sublimit

Banned
As a huge fan of the first game i was already excited for VC4 but after playing the demo my excitement went through the roof! I think that if it wasn't for Dragon Quest XI i would have been 100% sure that VC4 would be my GOTY. The only problem is that by the time it comes out i will still be very busy playing Dragon Quest XI.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Well, PS4 version definitely looks better and much less flat cuz it has background shadows, much more shadows from objects and cloud shadows on the ground, plus there's also black outlines on the grass and overall picture looks sharper.
Yeah the loss in detail made me pre order the Ps4 version instead.

Mr Hyde

Haven't played Valkyria since the first, which I loved, so looking forward to this. Got a bit scared though with Revolution which seemed like a train wreck, but I hope this one is up to par with the quality of the original.

blackjon24

I can't be the only one who thinks this game looks too safe? Besides the fact that I'm not big on the character designs the game looks like a sequel we should have gotten a year after valkyria chronicles 1 not 10 years later. It looks nearly identical to the original and it's really killing my excitement. With all the other releases coming up I might actually wait for a sale.

PhoenixTank

Haven't played Valkyria since the first, which I loved, so looking forward to this. Got a bit scared though with Revolution which seemed like a train wreck, but I hope this one is up to par with the quality of the original.
Only played VK1, and the demo for VK4. So far 4 is on a par with the first, imho. Grenadier class is a very welcome addition. Not quite as endeared to the characters in this one, but that is just personal preference and the first game had the entire campaign for them to grow on me.
Not blown out of the water with the gameplay and was surprised to see some speaking extremely positively about it - this made a lot more sense after learning that the recent entries have been poor.

xviper

i just tried the demo

who the hell made this game ? i have never played a more frustrating game than this, everything is too slow, every command is so slow, and the tutorial is a torture, i just want to play the game but instead i see pop ups every nano second

transmission from an action point to another is slow and frustrating, if i want to move the same unit again i have to go out to the map and press on the unit again to move it, then do the same for every CP, there should be a simple one button to make you consume a CP and go on without having to go back to the map, we're in 2018, this is not acceptable

aiming is horrible, you aim with L3 and it's unresponsive

the graphics looks like a ps2 game remastered ( understandable due to budget issues)

a one chapter takes like an hour due to how slow everything is, it's suppose to be quick and responsive

once i'm finally done with a chapter, you go though several dialogues that annoy the hell out of you, you want to play the next chapter? you must view a dialogue, then go back to the book, and view another dialogue, then go back, and view another dialogue, then final you play the chapter, but before you play, you see another text dialogue, even during phases, while moving your unit you get stopped to see even more dialogue, they need to heavily reduce the dialogues, i know that japanese people enjoy these dialogues, i do sometimes when they are used in an acceptable amount and only where they add something to the story, but in this game the dialogue is way too much and way too annoying

enemy phase cannot be skipped, you have to see them walk very slowly, each one of their unit

i honestly would rather replay Hellblade (which i hated so much due to how boring and frustrating it is) then play one more chapter of VC4

this game is the complete opposite of fun, playing it is like torturing yourself, if i had kids and they did something bad i would ground them by not allowing them to play any other game until they finish Valkyria chronicles 4, that should teach them to behave

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
i just tried the demo

who the hell made this game ? i have never played a more frustrating game than this, everything is too slow, every command is so slow, and the tutorial is a torture, i just want to play the game but instead i see pop ups every nano second

transmission from an action point to another is slow and frustrating, if i want to move the same unit again i have to go out to the map and press on the unit again to move it, then do the same for every CP, there should be a simple one button to make you consume a CP and go on without having to go back to the map, we're in 2018, this is not acceptable

aiming is horrible, you aim with L3 and it's unresponsive

the graphics looks like a ps2 game remastered ( understandable due to budget issues)

a one chapter takes like an hour due to how slow everything is, it's suppose to be quick and responsive

once i'm finally done with a chapter, you go though several dialogues that annoy the hell out of you, you want to play the next chapter? you must view a dialogue, then go back to the book, and view another dialogue, then go back, and view another dialogue, then final you play the chapter, but before you play, you see another text dialogue, even during phases, while moving your unit you get stopped to see even more dialogue, they need to heavily reduce the dialogues, i know that japanese people enjoy these dialogues, i do sometimes when they are used in an acceptable amount and only where they add something to the story, but in this game the dialogue is way too much and way too annoying

enemy phase cannot be skipped, you have to see them walk very slowly, each one of their unit

i honestly would rather replay Hellblade (which i hated so much due to how boring and frustrating it is) then play one more chapter of VC4

this game is the complete opposite of fun, playing it is like torturing yourself, if i had kids and they did something bad i would ground them by not allowing them to play any other game until they finish Valkyria chronicles 4, that should teach them to behave
You dont like this game!!? I'm shocked!!!
giphy.gif

Durask

i just tried the demo

You strike me as a Call of Duty or Battlefield player. :pie_gsquint:

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
i just tried the demo

<snip>

Ha! I was just considering getting my kids into SRPGs via VC4!

petran79

Banned
I am not sure I'll like the VC4 cast as much as the original. I also skipped VC2&3. Price is also a little steep. Was expecting something close to 40-50 Euro.

I am for excited for Sakura Taisen 6.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So I finally downloaded the switch demo, and I'm about to make a smooth MxR -> VC4 transition. Good times for SRPG fans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom