• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Elysium Release Date Trailer | September 29 PS4/PS5 | November 11 STEAM

blackjon24

nlQ5ujA.png

Looks like it comes with a console port of the psp port of the original game… well played square

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The colour pallet is very similar to NieR series but the rendering is similar to Lollipop Chainsaw.

Semi-realistic character models but with cell shaded outline.
zp-101065_Lollipop-Chainsaw_2011_08-01-11_001.jpg

Look interesting, I might keep on eye on this, but based on how much games coming out I might not able to get this day one.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oof that looked like a B tier ass game. Ah well, at least someone is revisiting the IP.

Probably gonna pick it up on PS4 once it goes on a deep discount.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oof that looked like a B tier ass game. Ah well, at least someone is revisiting the IP.

Probably gonna pick it up on PS4 once it goes on a deep discount.
Not every game needs to have the feel of an AAAA-title. This is good, and the industry -needs- ”B”-tier games

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not every game needs to have the feel of an AAAA-title. This is good, and the industry -needs- ”B”-tier games

Oh yeah for sure, it's better to have the series revived than not at all, but that game play segments in the trailer didn't look too hot to me.

Getting some FF Origins level production vibes from this.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They’ve let Valkyrie Profile 2 and just about everything besides Lenneth sit for ages now. The last time they released Lenneth was for mobile phones. Outside of that it was the PSP. The NDS game kinda got forgotten with time. Valkyrie Profile 2 has some good production value to it.

This looks good. I remember when Square games were the best in the industry and they looked worse than this.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Gone are the days of Valkyrie Profile. I would have hoped they kept some of the gameplay style.

Exist Archive, it’s also by tri-Ace and it has the same gameplay and premise as VP.

But it’s not a good game lol.

jimmypython

This actually looks pretty good! Is the VP1 the PSP version or PS1 version? I remember the PS1 version didn’t have Lenneth in the title and the PSP version had new CGI.

I didn’t like VP2 back in the days..this might be a minority opinion lol

Barakov

Gold Member
Looks nice. Also we're getting a port of VP1? The rest of the year is starting to shape up nicely.

Last edited:

saintjules

Exist Archive, it’s also by tri-Ace and it has the same gameplay and premise as VP.

But it’s not a good game lol.

Yes, I meant Tri-Ace. I did very much enjoy this battle system. What's coming for Elysium is alright, but prefer the old stuff.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

So Lenneth will hit PSS surely then? The issue I had with Lenneth was the input lag on PSP. Other than that it should've been as good as PS1 but its ages ago since I played these.

Elysium looks... lets just say i'm happy the IP is back. Might buy the special, I would buy both games anyway.

Silmeria is good, very deep battle system. It would be great if SE drops it on PSS also.

Shifty1897

Need to know if the Valkyrie Profile Lenneth port is pre order only or purchasable a la carte. The port of Ace Combat 5 for PS4 was only made available for preorderers of Ace Combat 7.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Need to know if the Valkyrie Profile Lenneth port is pre order only or purchasable a la carte. The port of Ace Combat 5 for PS4 was only made available for preorderers of Ace Combat 7.

Yeah and I missed it. I called the store, and the guy was willing to send me a code even though I was too late and never pre ordered. But he ran out.

If you want both games anyway, just buy it. Knowing Square, if they release Lenneth, expect 20 bucks at least or rather 21,99 lol.

Renoir

gone are the days of turn base.. seems like RPGs are just turning into ARPGS.
The fighting look good though. Soooo this game , FF16, and Grandblue relink on the watch list now.

Ferdimage

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Couldn't be more excited to give this a go, I love that Square has taken a shine to demos for all their games recently.
It's a potential purchase for me given who is making it. Ex Ninja Gaiden devs. I just can't bring myself to buy most action games without being able to try it first since the whole thing depends on feeling good to play.

Very much looking forward to trying it.

Top Bottom