• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Profile - The Accused One announced for DS!

B.K.

There are a couple Japanese sites reporting that Valkyrie Profile DS has been announced. Can anyone in Japan confirm if it's true? I hear it was announced in Jump magazine.

http://taletalesource.blog69.fc2.com/blog-entry-893.html

That page has most of the details, if anyone is interested. There was another site, but it had what was supposed to be a picture of the article. I don't know if it's real or not, but I don't want to risk it.

Shouta

According to that page, it's supposedly a new game involving someone named Wilfred and Lenneth? They say it uses a isometric view or whatever similar to Disgaea I guess? Just skimming it quick.

Lightning

Banned
If it's the original, MEH!. New game PLEASE! I own all the old ones already...

Shouta said:
According to that page, it's supposedly a new game involving someone named Wilfred and Lenneth? They say it uses a isometric view or whatever similar to Disgaea I guess? Just skimming it quick.
This will be cool, I'm all for this.

B.K.

Error said:
if it's 2d and not a port of the original, my balls will explode

If the screen and information are both real, it's an original game. It uses 2-d sprites, with an isometric view. No sidescrolling in the screen that's online.

Alex

Shouta said:

Woo, that would be great then, as long as it's not some fucking farm out or something.

I got the PSP version some time back. Not my kind of thing at all. I don't understand why they don't just make an anime movie if they're going to make you sit through 45 minutes of straight cutscenes and "press X".

Hard to imagine the DS version topping it though since it had the CG cutscenes and all the original PS1 stuff as well.

batbeg

Shouta said:

Want want want want want.

I can't remember who Wilfred was in the first (if he was in it?), someone clue me in?

Abel

Yeah, like B.K. said, with the one picture available (assuming it's legit), it's definitely a new game and not a port :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>:O

9tpa1h.jpg

zoku88

batbeg said:
Want want want want want.

I can't remember who Wilfred was in the first (if he was in it?), someone clue me in?
I don't remember him either, maybe he's a new character.

lyre

Wollan said:
Thought this was about Valkyria Chronicles. /sad
Who cares about games on systems that don't matter.

Edit:
The replies come quick. Hope this new game is good.

Alex

Uno Ill Nino said:
I got the PSP version some time back. Not my kind of thing at all. I don't understand why they don't just make an anime movie if they're going to make you sit through 45 minutes of straight cutscenes and "press X".

What? Shut the fuck up, you damned heathen.

B.K.

Kafel said:
Famitsu trailer for next week ?

IF it's real, I would bet on it being the trailer for the unannounced game on the Star Ocean: Second Evolution bonus DVD.

batbeg

Uno Ill Nino said:

Hard to imagine the DS version topping it though since it had the CG cutscenes and all the original PS1 stuff as well.

...wut. The game has a very long opening, but the Valkyrie Profile games have some of the greatest dungeons and battle systems out there, they are not just cutscenes.

God I'm freakin psyched. Although I would of course much prefer a PS3 game, as this is an isometric game it's presumably a spinoff so I'll live. I need to find this damn picture <3

B.K. said:
IF it's real, I would bet on it being the trailer for the unannounced game on the Star Ocean: Second Evolution bonus DVD.

Touche.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SabinFigaro said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>:O

9tpa1h.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

And please be true. We need some sort of VP fix.

Dragona Akehi said:
Hmm.... this doesn't look like VP. Looks more like VP Tactics.

VP2 already played somewhat like an sRPG. And frankly, with all the Einherjar flying around, it seems a no-brainer to me.

New Valkyrie Profile YESYESYESYESYES

B.K.

Kafel said:
There's a pic somewhere ?

Someone can confirm this game exists ?

There IS a pic. I have a link to it and have it saved, but on the chance that it is real, I'm not posting it, since Japanese scans are banned.

MrDaravon

So wait, it's confirmed now? (title change)

Oh, tactics game? Ehhhhh. I like tactics games, but I don't think that's what anyone was really wanting from a new VP game.

Roland

I'm not sure about the isometric perspective, but I guess tri-Ace realized that the dual screen layout means sidescrollers aren't very efficient. I honestly wish they would've made a new sidescroller for PSP, especially with the original VP and the two Star Oceans pushing the system along.

Top Bottom