• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve announces STEAM DAILY DEALS!

Elixist

dwebo said:
As if steam people needed even less of an incentive to buy games at non-sale prices.

pretty much. im a cheapskate who just waits for sales like many of you. kinda feel bad for devs tho.

futurama-shutup-and-take-my-money.jpg

So is this the death of Weekly and Weekend deals? Or will the daily deals run Monday through Friday with a single deal for the Weekend.

RealMeat

Banned
There goes any hope I had of getting through my backlog. Good move on Valve's part, will get people to log in every day.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've been expecting an announcement like this for a while, actually. With "midweek" deals that ran Tues - Thurs, and "weekend" deals that ran Thurs - Mon, plus other special promotions, Steam has pretty much had constant sales for a while now.

Hopefully we can still expect big Summer / Winter sales.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
GDJustin said:
I've been expecting an announcement like this for a while, actually. With "midweek" deals that ran Tues - Thurs, and "weekend" deals that ran Thurs - Mon, plus other special promotions, Steam has pretty much had constant sales for a while now.

Hopefully we can still expect big Summer / Winter sales.

When have the summer sales usually started?

DownLoad

My wallet finally fell apart on me after many years of service this morning... Then I read this thread and figured out why.

R.I.P. my friend.... R.I.P.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Salaadin said:
I think the last one was either right at the end of June/early July through Independence day and maybe a day or two after.

cheers mate

StuBurns

Banned
There aren't many PC games I care about, but if this means CS:S is more likely to come up sooner in the sales, awesome.

Binabik15

Salaadin said:
Is this the part where we ask for Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines?

What´s up with this Bloodlines on sale meme? I´ve seen it quite a bit.

I have a physical copy from launch, bitches.

Games I want to have on sale/steam

-Jagged Alliance 2 and all it´s various forms (I have like 3 different copies of Vanilla JA2, but with disks missing, not running properly on Vista etc)
-Prince of Persia 2008
-Medieval TW 1+2 pack
-Silent Storm
-Dawn of War 2 Complete
-Fallout New Vegas

And tons of other stuff. Just make it competitive with UK retail sales madness for me in Germany. Waiting for games to arrive blows.

PS: I hate that pc gaming is dead =(

TheExodu5 said:
Also, developers and Valve have said that game sales increase for a period after sale prices. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.
Good point.

iNvidious01 said:
sounds like steam might actually become competitive on pricing again against UK retail.
I seriously doubt it, at least for us peeps from the mainland. It's OK though if it's just a couple of EUR for the convenience factor.

Curufinwe

StuBurns said:
There aren't many PC games I care about, but if this means CS:S is more likely to come up sooner in the sales, awesome.

I always think I should get that, even though I would get utterly destroyed and probably have little to no fun. It just seems weird to own CS, CS: Zero, but not CS: Source.

TheExodu5 said:
Didn't Bloodlines go on sale for $10 like 3 years ago? I seem to recall buying it at that price...

I think direct2drive had it on sale for that price about three weeks ago.

Salaadin

Binabik15 said:
What´s up with this Bloodlines on sale meme? I´ve seen it quite a bit.

I have a physical copy from launch, bitches.

The game has only been on sale maybe once or twice in Steams existence. So many of us want it yet none of us want to buy it unless its on sale. Its kind of dumb when you think about it.

I actually got it from D2D a few weeks ago, solid game. I dont have to camp Steam sales for it now.

Sportbilly said:
December 22nd, 2012.

HAHA!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TheExodu5 said:
Didn't Bloodlines go on sale for $10 like 3 years ago? I seem to recall buying it at that price...
Yeah, I wish it would just go on sale so the damn gaf meme dies, it is at the point where people are repeating it to just repeat it. It will go on sale and like 4 people will buy it.

I realized I was addicted to these sales last week when I activated data roaming on my phone just to check the mid-week deal. I was on vacation in Italy.

Binabik15

Okay, 20€ for a game like Bloodlines really is highway robbery. Wait, what :p

I should replay Redemption and finish Bloodlines. My pc back then took ages to load. Go into house *one minute later* walk around for a minute or two, go outside *load another minute*.

Top Bottom