• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve announces STEAM DAILY DEALS!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
JlDoil.jpg

other than that, I got nothin'

B-Dex

OK the bloodlines whiners need to go.

I've owned the game since it's original boxed retail release and I even re-bought it on steam at it's regular price because it is that awesome. (Years ago now)

Do not deprive yourself of the awesomeness because you're cheap!

Blizzard

Banned
B-Dex said:
OK the bloodlines whiners need to go.

I've owned the game since it's original boxed retail release and I even re-bought it on steam at it's regular price because it is that awesome. (Years ago now)

Do not deprive yourself of the awesomeness because you're cheap!
If you buy a game for a non-sale price though, Bobby Kotick wins. It's all a big game. (I got Bloodlines for $10 recently on D2D)

As for this sale, how can you all be complaining about your wallets? By now you should already own pretty much every Steam game you want from previous sales. I figure there are hardly any games left that I would want to buy. I mean my wish list might have some 18-30 games on it, but those are presumably games that will hardly ever go on sale, and others I want still aren't on Steam. =P

I'm kind of joking, but I honestly feel like I own most games I want, I guess.

Decado

Binabik15 said:
What´s up with this Bloodlines on sale meme? I´ve seen it quite a bit.

I have a physical copy from launch, bitches.

Games I want to have on sale/steam

-Jagged Alliance 2 and all it´s various forms (I have like 3 different copies of Vanilla JA2, but with disks missing, not running properly on Vista etc)
-Prince of Persia 2008
-Medieval TW 1+2 pack
-Silent Storm
-Dawn of War 2 Complete
-Fallout New Vegas

And tons of other stuff. Just make it competitive with UK retail sales madness for me in Germany. Waiting for games to arrive blows.

PS: I hate that pc gaming is dead =(
Does the JA2 version of steam with with mods? I also have the disc version, but don't know if it'll run on Win 7.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh dear Christ Valve, what are you trying to do to us?

Seriously though, this is simply a response to Direct2Drive and their recent habit of having a 15-20% off/some sort of sale thing every other second, and possibly a riposte in advance to anything a Gamestop powered Impulse may do.

In other words, Valve, shut up and take my money, just not today as you already made me buy Dragon Rising.

Suairyu

Banned
Eh, it'll probably still be wisest cost-wise to wait until Christmas each year anyway. Always a few games that go cheaper in that than standard weekend/midweek deals; I imagine it'll be the same case here.

Self control, people! Make a list of three to five games you absolutely want and will leap on at the first sign of a sale, then save everything else until Xmas.

An-Det

Gotta love Valve. Now constant small sales, two longer ones each week, and giant sales for holiday periods.

Just do what I do and buy everything from every sale. Then sales cant hurt you anymore since you already own it all.

narca

Banned
I'm not even concerned about my wallet since all these deals are so cheap. I'm concerned about running out of hard drive space.

TheBez

Is EVE: Incursion the full-on game or just an expansion pack? Also how hard is it to grind out the money to buy game time with in-game currency?

momolicious said:
arent these sells supposed to help you save money and help your wallet?

More like, you're tempted to buy games that you're usually not interested in.

Monday: "$5 for Flashpoint? Dude, that's like 5 Snickers! Sold!"
Tuesday: "$10 for Left 4 Dead 1? Dude, that's like a movie ticket
Is it? dunno
! Sold!"

Something like that.

Enco

General Shank-a-snatch said:
More like, you're tempted to buy games that you're usually not interested in.

Monday: "$5 for Flashpoint? Dude, that's like 5 Snickers! Sold!"
Tuesday: "$10 for Left 4 Dead 1? Dude, that's like a movie ticket
Is it? dunno
! Sold!"

Something like that.
The sad truth.

I'll try hold back.

Kevin

So is this a temporary thing or is this a "for now on" type of deal? Either away, could be cool if some nice stuff go up for sale.

Top Bottom