• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve Elaborates On Early Left 4 Dead 3 Rumors.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The official Valve statement on the Left 4 Dead 3 rumors said, "We did briefly explore some Left 4 Dead next-gen opportunities a few years ago, but we are absolutely not working on anything Left 4 Dead-related now, and haven't for years."

What the team at Valve was experimenting with was Source 2, and Valve's Robin Walker explained how it happened. "We used parts of a Left 4 Dead level as the first bit of level geometry to start building in Source 2, so a bit of that got out. It was essentially a rendering test, and people thought that meant we were working on Left 4 Dead."

Unfortunately for Left 4 Dead fans, that wasn't the case. Walker continued, "We built lots of different things as part of building technology in Source 2... There were groups here who would generate a product in mind that would attempt to be a target for Source 2, and so a couple of those were Left 4 Dead-related things, but none of them reached the point where we were like, 'now this is a product team that we're going to build a big product around.' They were more tools for moving Source 2 forward."

Saber

Gold Member
Short answer: meh. Bunch of losers.

Long answer: from the look of it, clearly they have no interest in the franchise. Might as well be in hand of people who cares.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
People really want l4d3 ?
I never seen l4d as a cool zombie shooty shooty game for few rounds.
They shine with story driven games

First time hearing about Back 4 Blood, hopefully it delivers where Valve refuse to. I'm not asking for a yearly iteration, but there's an obscene amount of time that can pass where we can call you incompetent. Square Enix tier levels, except Squenix are forced to release to produce profit while Valve can sit on their hands with Steam.

MiguelItUp

I definitely do as I just really enjoyed the co-op gameplay and PVP multiplayer. At least we've had Vermintide to fill that gap. 🤷‍♂️

Honestly though, I'd want a TF3 and HL3 more than anything, lmao.

Left 4 Dead has provided one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever played. I definitely want a Left 4 Dead 3. It had really solid core gameplay, with each special infected being specific and important for a Versus team to play with.

It also happens to have the highest replayability amongst any game with 4 player co-op that I've ever played. It's just an addicting gameplay loop that didn't need unlockables and character progression to be a long-lasting gameplay experience. It just had good core design.

desertdroog

mV1tKwu.gif

Top Bottom