• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve files trademark for... [Update: And Logo]

Baleoce

Is it safe to board the hype train? I guess they could just be renewing the trademark. I want to believe though xD Seems too big a coincidence that they would be renewing it now so close to their other announcements.

Does this mean work has'nt even begun? During the course of development when is a Trademarks usually acquired? Seems like something they would have had for years.

From a recent leak we know they have a smaller group working on it. Not sure about how trademarks work though, like when they are acquired.

OmegaDL50

Remembers when Square trademarked Chrono Break and nothing came of that.

Ahh...Good Times!

Nah, but in all seriousness if this does indeed lead into another Half-Life game, cool.

Valve files trademark for Half-Life 3...

Scramble Half-Life 3...

Unscramble it back to the way it was...

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!

ibgT0frwf4zxE9.gif

Philia

The fuck is that?

I'm really glad I have little interest in half life. I imagine the wait for some of you crazies is really tough.

That said, I'd like to see it finally happen. It's been too long.

Half Life 2 gave us a real fucking cliffhanger. :\ That's part of it too.

JesseZao

Isn't this an unreliable way to get real info? Seems like the same page was used to speculate on Blizzard games and turned out fake.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not surprising. There's been a Half-Life 3 ARG going on since Episode 2 released, hints and content data periodically sent to Steam users under the guise of Source engine and Steam software updates. In actuality, we've all got an almost "complete" version of Half-Life 3 buried in update files, the final pieces soon to be released and, in due time, unlocked.

Won't Gordon's child be old enough to be like 6 now? Oct 2007 release date for Ep2, sounds legit.

PS; I just made up Gordon's child.

PPS: Or maybe I'm part of the ARG about Gordon's secret love child

PPPS: Or maybe I'm not.

This is non-news, IMO. Just because a trademark is filed doesn't necessarily mean that a product is in development.

That said, I do believe that HL3 is actively in development :)

Half Life 3 will make doubters burn in eternal fire but those who stay true to the faith and the Gabepad will ascend to meet Lord-Gaben and partake in land of eternal giving.

Top Bottom