• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve is working on "Steam Cloud Gaming"

Kadayi

Banned
so this shit from valve is ok but google stadia streaming is not ? you must use more that brain of yours , and less read crap online. cloud gaming plz. everybody will do it . and we will use it . i would use it today instead of pc or any console if it could be decent.

What shit exactly? There isn't any sense that Valve is moving over to a Streaming model, more that they might offer it as an option. As shackles said if you could optionally demo a game via a stream that would actually be pretty useful versus download the whole thing, especially for AAA which are all getting quite sizeable.

scalman

cloud gaming is stream in other name only. everybody will do it and you all will use it 3-5 years anyway. its not question will we use it just when. they all will use any stuff that would bring them more money . as allways it was working. they saw profit now in it and that they will do. not for us , for themselfs first, we will pay them money for that .
i was using Gaikai game streaming when it first appeared and was playing games there back then , before sony bought it later and named it PS Now.

Last edited:

scalman

just get more devs and make more good games , but we need more dev teams not less. dont wanna wait for new game like 5 years . new AAa games every month that i could live with. look how much now new tv series , originals and such we getting there. its allways something to watch. same must be done with making games. make more dev teams.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
A big company like Steam investing in Cloud Gaming shows that Cloud Gaming matters.

Sony, Microsoft and Google:

are-you-kiddin-1.gif

Last edited:
That could definitely happen. HL2, CS : Source was the gateway drug if you will, for Steam. For Steam Cloud streaming HL3 could be the thing that gets people on board for it. Just for PC though. I think the console versions of game streaming is pretty far off.
HL3 would be a VR game if it ever gets made. There's no way Valve would try to do something revolutionary for Half Life without VR at this point.

Last edited:
so this shit from valve is ok but google stadia streaming is not ? you must use more that brain of yours , and less read crap online. cloud gaming plz. everybody will do it . and we will use it . i would use it today instead of pc or any console if it could be decent.

I think the reason why people don't take this shit seriously is because understanding how google has treated past services and how they treat their android app ecosystem. They just tend to kill shit off for no reason.

Joke of a company and zero innovation. Them H-1b's though right?

Last edited:

Larxia

And after a couple of years, Gamepass demonstrated to be a gamechanger for the industry. (yes, I know that PS Now was released -at least on some countries- earlier, but GP is the one that nailed it).
It's completely different and not comparable at all for me. I mean yes, subscription model and all, but with gamepass you actually download and play the games locally in the same level of quality you would have with the "bought" game. My problem with streaming is that I don't want to play a video feed with compression blocking / artifacts and latency, and I don't understand why anyone would, people are willing to sacrifice too much just for the sake of convenience.

Kadayi

Banned
It's completely different and not comparable at all for me. I mean yes, subscription model and all, but with gamepass you actually download and play the games locally in the same level of quality you would have with the "bought" game. My problem with streaming is that I don't want to play a video feed with compression blocking / artifacts and latency, and I don't understand why anyone would, people are willing to sacrifice too much just for the sake of convenience.

There's nothing here to suggest that this is going to be enforced, versus be an option/feature for those who might benefit from it. Say you're on secondment for a few months away from your Home & Rig, wouldn't it be nice to have the option be able to login to Steam from anywhere and have ready access to your games via Streaming utility?

JLB

Banned

"people are willing to sacrifice too much just for the sake of convenience."
Welcome to planet earth.

Top Bottom