• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
BobTheFork said:
Which one of Mars' moons is potato shaped, Deimos or Phobos?
They're both prety irregularly shaped but I'd say with the dimensions of 15 × 12.2 × 10.4 km Deimos is probably more potato-like.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Does anybody know when this 13 games 75% off special is gonna end? Because I want to jump on that thing but I'll need at least a week to get the money on my paypal account.

Good lord do I want a credit card for that kind of things. T_T

desertdroog

Kuraudo said:
If it's Episode 3, I'll get swept up in the hype and buy Portal 2. If not, I won't. Your move, Valve.
If you don't support Valve's other, yet related to HL2, IP's, then Episode 3 may never come out!

You don't want that do you?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
TF2 just updated, here are the patch notes:

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve

Team Fortress 2
- [ restricted ]

Whatever could that mean?

Izayoi

Banned
There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed people when this turns out to just be some Portal 2 thing.

Episode 3 doesn't exist, let's face it. It's time to let go, guys.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
vlSLM.png

Daigoro

Izayoi said:
There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed people when this turns out to just be some Portal 2 thing.

1zxlcuewywl.jpg

Izayoi said:

never. fucking never.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Izayoi said:

Morons disappointed that Valve didn't tease a Half-Life game less than two weeks before the launch of their next major game deserve to be disappointed.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
So, is potato going to be the new cake?

Don't know if it's been mentioned or if it matters but the achievement list for Portal 2 references a potato.

Tater Tote: Carry science forward

EatChildren

Nfi8o1.png

How deep will this rabbit hole go?

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I started following it on Facepunch right away but now it seems like its dragging on a bit. I have the feeling its just for the comic too :( And why the hell did they have to pick Geoff Keighley? Fucking hate that guy...

Luthos

I'm not following this stuff too closely, but it's sad how everytime there's some kind of Valve news or whatever, I go straight to "HL2E3? HL3?"

It's all I want Valve. =(

People are finding images of Combine Advisors. I think.. maybe something is starting to happen here. I checked back in with the IRC when my Amnesia updated, and it looks like some shit is going down over there. Good time to check in with them if you wanna see the latest.

theinfinityissue said:
People are finding images of Combine Advisors. I think.. maybe something is starting to happen here. I checked back in with the IRC when my Amnesia updated, and it looks like some shit is going down over there. Good time to check in with them if you wanna see the latest.
I really hope this doesn't make me get excited for Episode Three and then dissapoint me when it's nothing to do with it. Anyway I've been following this ARG all week and it's just got exciting!

derFeef

Baha said:
All #potatoday games just updated with more ARG stuff it seems.

Holy shit at the Update notes.

RUSH Update Released

Updates to RUSH have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Added special thanks to SPARK engine to credits
Removed fungi where possible
Fixed small color issue in the skybox
Killing Floor Update Released

Updates to Killing Floor have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

New Thomson/BT Homehub Router workaround posted to Steam Support: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1452-HCVB-6984
Silly specimens, I don't know why I am updating this, you won't figure it out anyway. You still haven't solved the last puzzle.
Super Meat Boy Update Released

Updates to Super Meat Boy have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Ability to Die
7fa6ce99d281 > 68657873697676697982657765
Oiled squeaky saws
Cursor for Level Portal
HDR
Defense Grid Update Released

Updates to have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Something has fixed much of the file corruption...
D and G glyphs were swapped. Fixed now. Oops.
Subtitles should display properly now.
#potatofoolsday
Toki Tori Update Released

Updates to Toki Tori have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Fixed appearance of unofficial levels
Fixed small animation bug
Fixed bug in progress logic
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity Update Released

Fixed potato bugs, and am now beset by spindly, hairy things that shift and turn and crawl through the night. I know that speed is of the essence here, but I sometimes can't suss out what's hidden in plain view. What's going wrong? Why is the system degrading? Because it is. This is an incredibly brief account of what has been happening, and there are all sorts of intricacies that I've missed out.
Wonderful End of the World Update Released

*I* removed all the color. *I* removed all the crates. *I* removed the muscles in my legs, as there was too much spring in my step. There are no castles to tame, and I have sliced the beast in twain to make a grand number, which was my goal all along!

Hey, there were 105 and 167 admiring pairs of smiling eyes, last I checked. Probably a few more now. But that's not enough weight. It takes at least a ton or two to break that.
Cogs Update Released

Due to a change of management, the previously instituted magic word has been replaced by that to which you are more traditionally accustomed.
AudioSurf Update Released

Updates to AudioSurf have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
The Ball Update Released

Updates to The Ball have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
1...2...3...Kick It Update Released

Day one. Missed call. Partied all night with that platinum midget fellow and Urbano. I want to decide who lives and who dies. No, forget that. Just forget it all. What does the rest of it all mean? Not just life, but the universe as well. When will I find true love? What's the melody that holds the key to my heart? What do uplifts care, anyway?
BIT.TRIP BEAT Update Released

Updated <the> Main Menu
Game auto-pauses when the SSSSSSteam Overlay is uSed
Mega Mode enhance

ments
ERRORs REDACTED
>>>===0| |0===> Soon?
Uw==7c6f7c01010011

EatChildren

theinfinityissue said:

Cirtaboyowns.png

oh god

ohgodohgodohgodohgohoghgdodfighggdfg

I figured it out! it's like Valve isn't making HL3 or Episode 3 because they've moved on to a higher art form--making video games out of life!

EatChildren

Hahaha the wiki is getting hammered.

People really go mental for Half-Life.

People have been making the comparison between Advisors and potatoes since the very beginning of this ARG. If Advisors play a central role in ep 3 and this is an announcement, maybe Valve had their cards on the table the entire time and no one realized it.

If so, that'd be fucking smooth.

derFeef

theinfinityissue said:
People have been making the comparison between Advisors and potatoes since the very beginning of this ARG. If Advisors play a central role in ep 3 and this is an announcement, maybe Valve had their cards on the table the entire time and no one realized it.

If so, that'd be fucking smooth.
Oh god. Thinkig of this and looking at the TF2 potato hat makes my head twist.

EatChildren

The_Technomancer said:
Okay, deep breaths....where did that image come from?

Apparently it's randomly popping up in various Potato Sack games, as they all updated only a few minutes ago.

Could be bullshit though, like the glyphs in TF2.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Chinner said:
amnesia: the dark descent was also updated and someone found this
http://i.imgur.com/KTPHz.jpg[IMG]
is this new or was it already in the game???[/QUOTE]
Christ on a cracker Valve, its just like one of those treasure hunts I loved as a kid, only [i]better[/i]

Top Bottom