• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

syoaran

The advisor has me on the edge of my seat. I don't want to get excited for Ep3, considering the time frame. But COMEON!

in regards to Chinner's image, yeah, that is new as shit, even to the ARG as far as I know. I saw my Amnesia update like 30 mins ago, that must be what was added. Raptor Jesus Gifs Readiness status updated to: Magenta.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
derFeef said:
Hm, wiki says the advisor pic has not been confirmed.

Yeah, it could very well be bullshit. People are free to update the wiki and they went mental when glyphs were 'found' in TF2, updating them to the wiki, but they were all just sprays.

I'll wait this one out before going ballistic.

EatChildren said:
Yeah, it could very well be bullshit. People are free to update the wiki and they went mental when glyphs were 'found' in TF2, updating them to the wiki, but they were all just sprays.

I'll wait this one out before going ballistic.

Too late for me! :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Definitely going with bullshit on this one. It's just a mirrored shot of the advisor on terminals in Episode 1.

Advisor_Transmission.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
EatChildren said:
Definitely going with bullshit on this one. It's just a mirrored shot of the advisor on terminals in Episode 1.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100516005030/half-life/en/images/6/6d/Advisor_Transmission.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Well we still have the Amnesia hint

derFeef

Heh, I also just googled advisor pics but cold not seem to find one with the visors on the right.
damn trolls :(

Chinner

Banned
I wrote up the words found in that Amnesia picture:

Attention: File the following under “Random Arbitrary Ramblings”.

Inscriptions of the Nile, where the unspeakable eldritch horror hide:

- A simple man: Hideous load and hairy bat (1)
- Dweller of sky: mother in sea (1)
- Give your eyes and bowl: Mass far below, crator of life (1)
- Fibonacci digger: at graveyard, in gallery (2 + 1)
- Temptation’s tongue fell off at hole: plateau of the octo-leg (1)
- The weights are in equilibrium: the gate (1+ 6)
- Feather walker gaze at meal: unstoppable and shapeless (1)
- Dual hooks and beams: many forms seek followers (8+9)
- Two more remains in plain sight.

Remember,

A certain permutation can form something encapsulating all,
But is not the answer.
The numerical order, where hidden trumps shown, must be used!

Do not gaze at the face! It is not of here, but should reside elsewhere.

at this point, I wouldn't put it past the guys who are running this ARG to make something so obviously fake that people would almost immediately dismiss it......

And then the Illuminati come in and they're all "Hey baby did you order a pizza"

Salsa

theinfinityissue said:
at this point, I wouldn't put it past the guys who are running this ARG to make something so obviously fake that people would almost immediately dismiss it......

This is actually what i was thinking.

Fuckin Valve being masters of this craft :p

Jenga

Banned
EatChildren said:
Morons disappointed that Valve didn't tease a Half-Life game less than two weeks before the launch of their next major game deserve to be disappointed.
seeing this and then reading your reaction to the advisor is pretty sweet

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seeing your triple post is pretty sweet. Ever heard of the edit button?

On topic: The Advisor pic should have been confirmed fake or real by now. Is it?

EatChildren

Jenga said:
seeing this and then reading your reaction to the advisor is pretty sweet

I'm open to teases, but I dont expect the teases, especially not at this point in time.

The idiots are the ones who seem to think Valve are a one franchise company, and cant get past them wanting to promote their next major IP.

MNC

EatChildren said:
I'm open to teases, but I dont expect the teases, especially not at this point in time.

The idiots are the ones who seem to think Valve are a one franchise company, and cant get past them wanting to promote their next major IP.
... Which is DOTA :(

derFeef

EatChildren said:

Still interested what those photographed concept pics are for.

TheOGB

Banned
EatChildren said:
Cirtaboyowns.png

oh god

ohgodohgodohgodohgohoghgdodfighggdfg
what
I don't get it
seriously

Well at least now I know why all this shit just updated at the same time. Thanks
for being masters at serial mindrape
, Valve!

I glanced at the wiki link the other day, but now I'm really excited.

I really wish I was better at this stuff, but it's just as exciting watching other people figure it out.
C'MON EP3

So I was playing Super Meat Boy and this randomly popped up. (it's a website using the Steam overlay browser)

6AFEB56849094972100B9A4C8EE6DC42138C6C20

I haven't been following the ARG, is this super old? If so has a password been discovered? The wiki isn't working for me.

EatChildren

BuddhaRockstar said:
So I was playing Super Meat Boy and this randomly popped up. (it's a website using the Steam overlay browser)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578919801877571510/6AFEB56849094972100B9A4C8EE6DC42138C6C20/

I haven't been following the ARG, is this super old? If so has a password been discovered? The wiki isn't working for me.

It was 'discovered' a day or two ago, but Valve took it down and replaced it with an image of potatoes. Folk think they got into it too early.

If it's back up it looks like we're at the right part.

And by 'we're' I mean the people doing all the hard work while I enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom