• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Since I bumped this thread...

I should also post this: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/kk6bn/look_who_i_saw_at_subway/

O1bM4.png

and this: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/kklo5/gabe_newell_answerered_my_email_about_an/

DMfxK.jpg

dave is ok said:
Amirox's finest moment

Yeah because most other Augmented Reality Games are real, open ended, and generally of real world benefit as opposed to "fake, rigged, and a waste of time."

What the fuck to people expect from an AUG? It was an AUG. It was like other AUGs.

epmode

EternalGamer said:
Yeah because most other Augmented Reality Games are "real, open ended, and generally of real world benefit as opposed to "fake, rigged, and a waste of time."

What the fuck to people expect from an AUG? It was an AUG. It was like other AUGs.
Don't start this again. Please. My heart can't take it.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
EternalGamer said:
Yeah because most other Augmented Reality Games are real, open ended, and generally of real world benefit as opposed to "fake, rigged, and a waste of time."

Valve have admitted they fucked up the end of the ARG and couldn't release the game as early as they wanted.

Draft

It's cool to see a man that is basically a living legend and arguably the most important person in the game industry just doing normal shit like grabbing a quick lunch.

I wonder what kind of sub he likes?

Emitan

Draft said:
It's cool to see a man that is basically a living legend and arguably the most important person in the game industry just doing normal shit like grabbing a quick lunch.

I wonder what kind of sub he likes?
I'd love to make a joke about Gabe, god that he is, actually requiring food like a mortal. But...you know...

Jintor

dave is ok said:
Valve have admitted they fucked up the end of the ARG and couldn't release the game as early as they wanted.

Ding

Great ARG, terrible waste of time ending

If it had actually released before the weekend though it would have been incredible

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I probably should just make a new thread, but I love Evilores thread title too much.

Adam Foster of Valve posted a lengthy article about the creation of this ARG for Gamasutra, here

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I probably should just make a new thread, but I love Evilores thread title too much.

Adam Foster of Valve posted a lengthy article about the creation of this ARG for Gamasutra, here

I know you meant well, but that's the wrong ARG. This thread pertains to the early release ARG whereas Foster's post-mortem covers the announcement ARG which took place 13 months earlier.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I know you meant well, but that's the wrong ARG. This thread pertains to the early release ARG whereas Foster's post-mortem covers the announcement ARG which took place 13 months earlier.
Ah, that $100.00 budget makes a lot more sense now. Thanks shorshee

Still! Interesting read!

Top Bottom