• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Survivors |OT| There are some very good reasons to be afraid of the dark

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just unleashed rainbow bird for the first time :messenger_smiling_hearts:

pokemon super mystery dungeon GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
Damn....just started playing this game on Game Pass and holy shit is it good. I get all the talk about it now. Went ahead and bought it for my Steam Deck. Looks like a perfect game for the handheld.
Feel like I’ve not even played it that much but I’ve racked up 8 hours 20 on Xbox. Times just flown by. Very easy game to fall in to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Game is on sale again for $3.99 as part of Steam's The Game Awards sale

MastAndo

Gold Member
This game is crack. I had just made a post about how Roguelite's not named Hades aren't for me, but after seeing this was on Game Pass, I gave it a shot. Yep, officially hooked. I installed it over the weekend and am now trying to unlock everything - have about 100 of them or so done. I'm facing some bugs (I think) on XSX though.

I got the Yellow Sign and the arrows in Cappella Magna are pointing me to the Gold and Silver Rings and Metaglio Left and Right - except they point me to a spot where nothing happens. There's nothing on the ground, no elite enemies spawn. Then I got to 30 minutes and faced the end boss, and I believe I beat him, but he just disappeared. I was just standing in front of swirling clouds with the in-game music playing and one of my weapons firing.

Anybody face this issue before? Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing before this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I somehow missed the Thanos snap at the beginning of the stage removing those items. Also was able to
defeat the boss and grab the Great Gospel relic
the 2nd time around. Weird.

Last edited:

TDiddyLive

This game is crack. I had just made a post about how Roguelite's not named Hades aren't for me, but after seeing this was on Game Pass, I gave it a shot. Yep, officially hooked. I installed it over the weekend and am now trying to unlock everything - have about 100 of them or so done. I'm facing some bugs (I think) on XSX though.
I keep seeing people refer to this game as roguelite but the maps don’t change and I thought that was a major requirement. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I keep seeing people refer to this game as roguelite but the maps don’t change and I thought that was a major requirement. Correct me if I’m wrong.
The item randomization is enough to provide a variety of experiences each run, IMO. I think that's the main attribute people are associating with the term "roguelite".

MastAndo

Gold Member
I really don't know, honestly. I'm just repeating what I've heard others say as I'm not a real big fan of the genre in general. I do know this one's a keeper.

Ben87fr

You people were not kiding with the addictive nature of this game, started playing i was able to survive 10min at best and then more and more i got farther, those damn skeletons still fucking me bad but i'm still fighting ! 👍 Also can't believe this game is 5 dollars, i feel like i stole from them...

akimbo009

Gold Member
You people were not kiding with the addictive nature of this game, started playing i was able to survive 10min at best and then more and more i got farther, those damn skeletons still fucking me bad but i'm still fighting ! 👍 Also can't believe this game is 5 dollars, i feel like i stole from them...

Free on GP :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gonna have to do some gold farming runs to unlock all the seal abilities before the new weapons are introduced next week

MiguelItUp

The game is ok at best. Not that addictive to me. I think the hipsters just like the corny music. :messenger_musical:
Nah, it's just catchy and nostalgic. Feeds into the whole package. But to each their own. :)

I'm bummed they didn't win an award of any sort at the VGAs, but I'm glad the game has received as much success as it has.

Comandr

i thought it had fixed ads through the game that can't be disabled, no?
I had to get about an hour or so in to get to my first ad offer. At some point when you die you are offered to watch an ad to revive. With a couple hours in, all ads are completely optional and offered tastefully. If you elect to not watch ads you are just getting the same experience PC players have enjoyed for a long time. Nothing is walled behind them.

DavidGzz

I shouldn't complain cause it's free on Android, but I want to be able to play in landscape instead of portrait even if it only takes one finger, lol.

I had to get about an hour or so in to get to my first ad offer. At some point when you die you are offered to watch an ad to revive. With a couple hours in, all ads are completely optional and offered tastefully. If you elect to not watch ads you are just getting the same experience PC players have enjoyed for a long time. Nothing is walled behind them.
gotcha

Sadly because of how the game is made, the phone port has a square image, rendering most of the screen black. But it has gamepad support! Played on pc for some hours when it first released, and they haven't added an option to mute the god damn experience sfx yet xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom